Author Topic: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.  (Read 9098 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:06 PM »

Lebron is known as a guy who makes those around him better...more so then Kobe. Again, other then by Kobe fans. Kobe fans tend to think that everyone who recognizes LeBron being better then Kobe....are LeBron fans. When in reality...you have Kobe fans who typically are Laker fans as well, who think Kobe is better. Then you have a majority of any other fans....regardless of their favorite team, who think LeBron is better. Which opinion is more biased...u tell me. Is Kobe a great player. Of course. Will he be a HOF'er? Of course. But there is a reason the expectations for LeBron are so much higher then what the expectations were for Kobe, at this stage of his career. Kobe is at the point of trying to break into that top 10 players all time. LeBron is expected to be competing for greatest player of all time. Who knows if he will ever reach that level. Thats a bit far off still. But Kobe was never expected to rank that high up on the all time list.

You say only Kobe fans think Kobe is the best. So forget about my opinion, what about the opinion of Michael Jordan? Jordan was the last great player in the game before Kobe, so he should be the one to pass the torch.  And he clearly said this year, that Kobe is better than Lebron, and that because of his style of play he will continue to have more durability than Lebron.

Jordan was the last great player?? Are u kidding me? Jordan was great, the greatest. Once Jordan retired, you have a big group of great players who will all be HOF'ers. Kobe is simply one in that group. You have Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, etc.

Let me ask you this, take your own personal bias out of it. Shaq and Duncan right now are typically ranked in the top 10 on most experts "10 best all time players lists". Kobe is not, or right on the edge. Jordan is one opinion. Kobe patterned his game after...who? Do you think Jordan is gonna say a big man is the best player in the league? Hell no. Have you noticed the way the media always manages to exclude bigmen from the "Best Player in the League" talks? Its solely reserved for perimeter players. It has been that way since Jordan. Basically, its reserved for players who create a lot of highlights...and bigmen dont. Good marketing huh? Even when Shaq was in his prime, they didnt like to call him the best player in the league...so they called him the "Most Dominant". Duncan has 3 finals MVPs, and 2 league MVPs, theyve never liked to call him the best PLAYER. Only the "best bigman". So its all bullshit...

As for Jordan again. Take this into account as well. People like NIK have argued for years that MJ has this overwhelming ego (worse then Kobe's they say LOL). Well, do u think the man with the giant ego is gonna say Lebron is the best right now, when a lot of experts think Lebron could eventually surpass Jordan? Or do u think he (and his so called giant ego) will say Kobe is the greatest, knowing that most experts think he wont surpass Jordan?

Forget about what Jordan said or what Magic said, Kobe is simply greater because he has what it takes to perform at the highest level on the biggest stage. Why do you think Shaq and Duncan were considered the greatest bigs during that era? BECAUSE THEY WON. THEY DELIVERED RINGS TO THEIR FRANCHISES. If it were Kevin Garnett and Chris Webber winning rings during that era, they would be in that discussion... they're not, and even though Garnett's status sky-rocketed after winning a ring with Boston, he will never be debated with Duncan, because it was Duncan who consistently won on the big stage and not Garnett. you realize that Duncan wouldn't be considered as great as he is currently considered if he had never won on the biggest stage, right? The same applies to LeBron, and you being a Spurs fan, should be the first to acknowledge that.

The problem is youre leaving out certain aspects to this argument man. Yes, Duncan winning championships is huge. Would he be one of the best all time PFs without them? Of course. The fact that he won 4 and the Spurs have been so good during his era has helped make him the best PF all time. But what youre failing to bring up is the fact that Duncan was the MAIN focal point in those championships. He was the guy. He was THE superstar. There are no other surefire HOF's on those teams, OTHER then Robinson....and Duncan was the MVP of THOSE series as well. So yeah, when someone uses Horry as an argument...its a bit of a stretch. But the fact remains, that I dont put a TON of weight on championships won...unless you are THE man on the team. THE leader. Like it or not, Kobe has only been THE man during a Laker championship for one of those runs. We can argue whether him or Shaq was the focal point of the three-peat Lakers all day. But at the very least you have to agree he was sharing the spotlight on those teams. Jordan was never sharing the spotlight....Duncan wasnt...shit, Hakeem wasnt....and LeBron for damn sure isnt. Ive said it a million times man. For a career....whos better? Kobe or LeBron? The answer is Kobe. Today...right now, who is the better player? IMO...LeBron. I dont think youre insane for thinking Kobe tho man. Thats your opinion. I only think your insane when you think its ridiculous for anyone to say LeBron. I think its as close as it could be. So I respect the opinion that Kobe is better. I respect the opinion that LeBron is better. Both are valid. I just think its LeBron right now.

What are you talkin about? Tony Parker was a Finals MVP on one of those Spurs championship teams. Manu Ginobli is one of the greatest Euros to ever play this game...Duncan didn't only win with 1 other star player on his team, but 2. Some can argue that having the combination of Parker and Ginobli on your team is more of an asset than having just Shaq. The point is, Kobe was a focal point on the Laker teams of the threepeat era just as much as Shaq was, just like Magic was a focal point on the Laker teams of the showtime era just as much as Kareem was. Every star on a championship team has had to share the spotlight, some more, some less. Doesn't take away from the fact that they were great players who were a focal point on great championship teams.

Also, I don't think it's ABSURD to say Lebron played better basketball this season than Kobe. But is he actually the better overall player? The answer is no. Yes, Kobe has had to tone his game down and play through numerous injuries this year, but his status amongst the greatests was earned through winning.. and with experience, he learned that there are sacrifices to be made if you wanna win it all. LeBron is not going to reach that status until he wins and elevates his game when something is actually at stake.

Shaq was scoring 30 points and grabbing 15 rebounds a game in the playoffs during the Lakers run...and there was NO center in the league who was even half as good from 1998-2005  (once Dwight Howard started to evolve)

Lebron on the other hand has Mo Williams as his sidekick????   i'm glad to see u respect Bron's place in the game tho.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:32:05 PM by Mr. Bones »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Geesta

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2010, 01:35:44 AM »
Dude just when the Lakers become my favorite team cus Ron Artest joined; now NIK has to ruin it and make me hate the lakers again cus hes the biggest dick riding laker faggot

nvm, I hope Spurs win against the suns and play the Lakers and i hope Ron Artest kills them defensively so i can talk shit to all my friends

oh yeah and Elior, FYI

Ron Artest> Kobe Bryant> Lebron James

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2010, 09:22:14 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006-2007_NBA_season#Western_Conference

can we just close the thread?

it was kind of funny how back in the day when people use to say players on the Lakers were wack, NIK fought each and every battle & even made Jordan Farmar out to be some All-Star; now when we're saying, you were right, they are mad good, that's why they win, he QUICKLY turns it around to "Kobe makes them good, they're just alright without him" lol.

EDIT: who are you tryna fool, brah? hypothetically speaking of course, if LeBron, D-Wade & Chris Bosh teamed up in the off-season & won the next seven rings together, you would find something to bitch at about LeBron & how his winning doesn't compare to Kobe's.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:31:02 AM by Chamillitary Click »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »
"Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe"

I was expecting this to have something to so with his ability to distribute the basketball, fill up the entire stat sheet (not just the points section), respect amongst teammates..the league..and the fans, not taking fag pictures in all white veils and pilgrim suits...

distribute the ball? did u not see last nights game? or the whole season kobes been the assist leader, and in the triangle it seems the assists are always spread out.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »

Lebron is known as a guy who makes those around him better...more so then Kobe. Again, other then by Kobe fans. Kobe fans tend to think that everyone who recognizes LeBron being better then Kobe....are LeBron fans. When in reality...you have Kobe fans who typically are Laker fans as well, who think Kobe is better. Then you have a majority of any other fans....regardless of their favorite team, who think LeBron is better. Which opinion is more biased...u tell me. Is Kobe a great player. Of course. Will he be a HOF'er? Of course. But there is a reason the expectations for LeBron are so much higher then what the expectations were for Kobe, at this stage of his career. Kobe is at the point of trying to break into that top 10 players all time. LeBron is expected to be competing for greatest player of all time. Who knows if he will ever reach that level. Thats a bit far off still. But Kobe was never expected to rank that high up on the all time list.

You say only Kobe fans think Kobe is the best. So forget about my opinion, what about the opinion of Michael Jordan? Jordan was the last great player in the game before Kobe, so he should be the one to pass the torch.  And he clearly said this year, that Kobe is better than Lebron, and that because of his style of play he will continue to have more durability than Lebron.

Jordan was the last great player?? Are u kidding me? Jordan was great, the greatest. Once Jordan retired, you have a big group of great players who will all be HOF'ers. Kobe is simply one in that group. You have Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, etc.

Let me ask you this, take your own personal bias out of it. Shaq and Duncan right now are typically ranked in the top 10 on most experts "10 best all time players lists". Kobe is not, or right on the edge. Jordan is one opinion. Kobe patterned his game after...who? Do you think Jordan is gonna say a big man is the best player in the league? Hell no. Have you noticed the way the media always manages to exclude bigmen from the "Best Player in the League" talks? Its solely reserved for perimeter players. It has been that way since Jordan. Basically, its reserved for players who create a lot of highlights...and bigmen dont. Good marketing huh? Even when Shaq was in his prime, they didnt like to call him the best player in the league...so they called him the "Most Dominant". Duncan has 3 finals MVPs, and 2 league MVPs, theyve never liked to call him the best PLAYER. Only the "best bigman". So its all bullshit...

As for Jordan again. Take this into account as well. People like NIK have argued for years that MJ has this overwhelming ego (worse then Kobe's they say LOL). Well, do u think the man with the giant ego is gonna say Lebron is the best right now, when a lot of experts think Lebron could eventually surpass Jordan? Or do u think he (and his so called giant ego) will say Kobe is the greatest, knowing that most experts think he wont surpass Jordan?

Forget about what Jordan said or what Magic said, Kobe is simply greater because he has what it takes to perform at the highest level on the biggest stage. Why do you think Shaq and Duncan were considered the greatest bigs during that era? BECAUSE THEY WON. THEY DELIVERED RINGS TO THEIR FRANCHISES. If it were Kevin Garnett and Chris Webber winning rings during that era, they would be in that discussion... they're not, and even though Garnett's status sky-rocketed after winning a ring with Boston, he will never be debated with Duncan, because it was Duncan who consistently won on the big stage and not Garnett. you realize that Duncan wouldn't be considered as great as he is currently considered if he had never won on the biggest stage, right? The same applies to LeBron, and you being a Spurs fan, should be the first to acknowledge that.

The problem is youre leaving out certain aspects to this argument man. Yes, Duncan winning championships is huge. Would he be one of the best all time PFs without them? Of course. The fact that he won 4 and the Spurs have been so good during his era has helped make him the best PF all time. But what youre failing to bring up is the fact that Duncan was the MAIN focal point in those championships. He was the guy. He was THE superstar. There are no other surefire HOF's on those teams, OTHER then Robinson....and Duncan was the MVP of THOSE series as well. So yeah, when someone uses Horry as an argument...its a bit of a stretch. But the fact remains, that I dont put a TON of weight on championships won...unless you are THE man on the team. THE leader. Like it or not, Kobe has only been THE man during a Laker championship for one of those runs. We can argue whether him or Shaq was the focal point of the three-peat Lakers all day. But at the very least you have to agree he was sharing the spotlight on those teams. Jordan was never sharing the spotlight....Duncan wasnt...shit, Hakeem wasnt....and LeBron for damn sure isnt. Ive said it a million times man. For a career....whos better? Kobe or LeBron? The answer is Kobe. Today...right now, who is the better player? IMO...LeBron. I dont think youre insane for thinking Kobe tho man. Thats your opinion. I only think your insane when you think its ridiculous for anyone to say LeBron. I think its as close as it could be. So I respect the opinion that Kobe is better. I respect the opinion that LeBron is better. Both are valid. I just think its LeBron right now.

What are you talkin about? Tony Parker was a Finals MVP on one of those Spurs championship teams. Manu Ginobli is one of the greatest Euros to ever play this game...Duncan didn't only win with 1 other star player on his team, but 2. Some can argue that having the combination of Parker and Ginobli on your team is more of an asset than having just Shaq. The point is, Kobe was a focal point on the Laker teams of the threepeat era just as much as Shaq was, just like Magic was a focal point on the Laker teams of the showtime era just as much as Kareem was. Every star on a championship team has had to share the spotlight, some more, some less. Doesn't take away from the fact that they were great players who were a focal point on great championship teams.

Also, I don't think it's ABSURD to say Lebron played better basketball this season than Kobe. But is he actually the better overall player? The answer is no. Yes, Kobe has had to tone his game down and play through numerous injuries this year, but his status amongst the greatests was earned through winning.. and with experience, he learned that there are sacrifices to be made if you wanna win it all. LeBron is not going to reach that status until he wins and elevates his game when something is actually at stake.

Shaq was scoring 30 points and grabbing 15 rebounds a game in the playoffs during the Lakers run...and there was NO center in the league who was even half as good from 1998-2005  (once Dwight Howard started to evolve)

Lebron on the other hand has Mo Williams as his sidekick????   i'm glad to see u respect Bron's place in the game tho.

Antawn Jamison+Mo Williams=2 star players+Shaq=hall-of-famer who still has some gas left in the tank (according to Cleveland faithful and the media). Plus, the Cavs have a bench that could beat out some starting fives in this league...LeBron has his share of help and this team is built to win. Cavs went into the playoffs as the favorites to take it all...so if he doesn't accomplish that, it's nothing short of a huge disappointment and the LeBron era in Cleveland will have ended on a sour note (if he departs to another team).

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »

You say only Kobe fans think Kobe is the best. So forget about my opinion, what about the opinion of Michael Jordan? Jordan was the last great player in the game before Kobe, so he should be the one to pass the torch.  And he clearly said this year, that Kobe is better than Lebron, and that because of his style of play he will continue to have more durability than Lebron.

Yeah Parker was the MVP for ONE of the 4 finals the Spurs were in. Duncan was MVP three other times. Parker is good, and Manu is very good too. Neither is a surefire HOF'er. Manu will probably get in, IMO. But are you seriously comparing having either of those two....to Kobe having Shaq? lol. Shaq is considered a top 10 ALL TIME player man. That would be like Duncan having Magic with him. Not to mention, before the Lakers...Shaq took Orlando to the finals. As much as I like Parker and Manu, neither of them is taking a team to the finals as the only superstar on the team. So yes, Kobe had more help...obviously. And yes, he was Robin. At the very least...for the real big Kobe fans, Kobe had an equal on the team. (again, only Kobe fans really think that). Duncan did not have an equal.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
it was kind of funny how back in the day when people use to say players on the Lakers were wack, NIK fought each and every battle & even made Jordan Farmar out to be some All-Star; now when we're saying, you were right, they are mad good, that's why they win, he QUICKLY turns it around to "Kobe makes them good, they're just alright without him" lol.

NIK has made a career outta doing that here tho man. Remember how he defended the greatness that was Kwame Brown? But yeah, then flip flops when you say Kobe has so much help lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »

EDIT: who are you tryna fool, brah? hypothetically speaking of course, if LeBron, D-Wade & Chris Bosh teamed up in the off-season & won the next seven rings together, you would find something to bitch at about LeBron & how his winning doesn't compare to Kobe's.

I dont get what your argument is...I never said the Laker supporting players were whack, and I never made them out to be better than they were either. They are what they are, a champion supporting cast who know their role, partly because their leader is a champion who helps guide them into that winning mentality. If LeBron wins 7 rings while playing at the highest level, he will definitely be in the argument for greatest of all time. Like I said, even if LeBron wins it this year, my opinion on him will change drastically...PeACe

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »

I dont get what your argument is...I never said the Laker supporting players were whack, and I never made them out to be better than they were either. They are what they are, a champion supporting cast who know their role, partly because their leader is a champion who helps guide them into that winning mentality. If LeBron wins 7 rings while playing at the highest level, he will definitely be in the argument for greatest of all time. Like I said, even if LeBron wins it this year, my opinion on him will change drastically...PeACe

Would u say if Jordan left the league after his 5th title...the Jazz would have won the championship the following year, instead of the Bulls?

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »

NIK has made a career outta doing that here tho man. Remember how he defended the greatness that was Kwame Brown? But yeah, then flip flops when you say Kobe has so much help lol

I always said Kwame had the POTENTIAL (and he did play good in stretches), but I never claimed he was already a star or anything like that LOL.

Lakers have a good supporting cast, don't get me wrong...My point was that a big part of the success you see in the Laker supporting cast comes from Kobe leading them. Lakers currently don't have a deep bench compared to the other contending teams, and that's the general opinion amongst the league. That doesn't mean the role players aren't good, it just means that aside from Odom, the talent-level on the Laker bench this season takes a huge dip from the talent level of the starters. But regardless, this team knows how to win as a unit and this team plays their best down the stretch, when the stakes are the highest. That's because they've taken on a champion mentality, due to the winning ways of team leader, Kobe Bryant.

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »

Would u say if Jordan left the league after his 5th title...the Jazz would have won the championship the following year, instead of the Bulls?

Could be...I can't say what would have happened, many things coulda gone down different in the NBA had Jordan not played in 97-98. In what way is  that relevant to the topic?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
i don't know, brah.

i could of sworn you said Pau was better than Dwight & Andrew Bynum was going to be the next big thing & you said Odom was incredible & it's no secret that Ron Artest could be the best defender in Basketball.

the Lakers could make the Playoffs without Kobe, even in the West.

the Cavs wouldn't make the Playoffs without LeBron, in the East.

Jaydc

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2010, 11:58:49 AM »
he said bynum would be all star this year.

Sccit

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
i don't know, brah.

i could of sworn you said Pau was better than Dwight & Andrew Bynum was going to be the next big thing & you said Odom was incredible & it's no secret that Ron Artest could be the best defender in Basketball.

the Lakers could make the Playoffs without Kobe, even in the West.

the Cavs wouldn't make the Playoffs without LeBron, in the East.

Gasol is great, don't get me wrong, and Andrew Bynum is currently a center who has a chance to be a star for years to come...Odom, as well, has always played at an all-star level, but he was questioned throughout his career until Kobe finally helped lead him to a ring... and no doubt, Artest is a tremendous 1-on-1 defender, but lets be real here, Artest has been a void on offense in the triangle, which he's still figuring out...you have to take every factor into the equation. when it comes down to it, Lakers would NOT make the playoffs without Kobe, no way, not in the west, where it took 50 wins to grab an 8th seed...If this Laker team would reach 50 wins without Kobe, that would be the overachievement of the decade. Cleveland play good as a unit, on both ends, even without LeBron, and they play in the east, so they woulda had a much easier time making the playoffs minus LeBron than the Lakers minus Kobe...Cavs would have an easier time beating the Bulls or Bucks or Bobcats without LeBron than the Lakers would have beating the Thunder or Spurs or Blazers minus Kobe, wouldn't you say?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:24:21 PM by NIKCC »

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »

Could be...I can't say what would have happened, many things coulda gone down different in the NBA had Jordan not played in 97-98. In what way is  that relevant to the topic?

I think most people would say the Jazz would have won that series. There was no team in the league better then them...OTHER then the Bulls. With that being said...if Jordan would have left a year early, Malone would have a title. Would that make him a better player all time because Jordan wasnt there?