Author Topic: "Those Young Money Artists Don't Even Know They Not Getting Royalty Money"  (Read 2168 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Birdman, smarten up, pay jim jonsin and shondrae  their dues, stop flossing with other people's money, hypocrite!!!!!!!!!

if his artists are stupid enough to sign official contracts that legally entitle Baby to their royalities, then technically, its legally his money, not theirs. Yes, he's exploiting them, but thats because theyre allowing him to.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Let's look at it this way: 

You are Spider Loc, talking to 50 Cent pre-signing.

50 Cent: I get to keep your royalties, but as long as you're signed I'll make sure you live good.

Is this a fair trade-off?  Someone like Spider Loc who might not sell well, still gets taken care of..

Even if these young money artist never release an album, the exposure/networking/budget is well worth them not getting royalties.  It just means they live good now, and when they get dropped they will have to continue their hustle.  I think the rules are changing with nowadays game, where the labels need to keep the royalties to be able to recoup, and be able to keep funding these artists they are giving opportunities to. 

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Diddy, Baby, Suge, all these guys sold their souls to papers.

Kinda surprising when 50, the guy who has that bad guy image, seems to be the only one that kept everything straight as far as it concerns business.

Jay-Z???

Sigel came out saying that him and State Prop got fuck all bread from Jigga and Rocafella

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sigel made some stupid moves and was mad about several things.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i still remember hearing of baby buying like a 2.1 mill cross while he was owe'n juvi and b.g. chipper jones, i mean shit like that makes you want to kill a muthafucca, and people shit on diddy all the time,yet this guy will not pay royalties at all, i mean if you are not all hands on when it comes to that part of the label get somebody competent to do it, instead of put'n stars on his damn head pay the stars or inspiring stars on your label yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

basefunk

• Lil Geezy
Birdman, smarten up, pay jim jonsin and shondrae  their dues, stop flossing with other people's money, hypocrite!!!!!!!!!

if his artists are stupid enough to sign official contracts that legally entitle Baby to their royalities, then technically, its legally his money, not theirs. Yes, he's exploiting them, but thats because theyre allowing him to.

and thats what makes those young money artists, dumb fucks..............omg, poor little nicki minaj

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

and thats what makes those young money artists, dumb fucks..............omg, poor little nicki minaj

Look at all the fans/exposure/producer networking she is getting for free...  I don't see how they dumb for agreeing to that...

What if they never release an album, they get to live good for free basically...

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
gettin money for wack muzik
juvenile
bg
mannie fresh

all had problems wit that label and more....fuck em fake bloods  ;D

mannie was the only proble that really had a problem

juvie had a fetish of knockin down groupies n gettin em pregnant...child support kicked juvie ass..that was not none of slim nor baby fault..juvie got kids all over the south

bg...certified junkie..and was in love with the needle..that nigga he will tell u shot all that money he claimed baby owe him up..and slim will tell u they cut bg funds off kuz he was blowin it on the work baby nem was puttin the streets..they pay em.. he goto a dope spot..n give the money right back to baby nem..

he a syrup head now..

EnzoUK

Does anyone care that gudda gudda and jae millz dont get royalties  ::)
Twitter: @EnzoUK

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Look at all the fans/exposure/producer networking she is getting for free...  I don't see how they dumb for agreeing to that...

What if they never release an album, they get to live good for free basically...

youre not looking at the big picture mate.

So they live for free....then their contract runs out. Then what?

They have nothing, no cheques coming in, no royalties, no money, no deal. Nothing. Back to square one. Signed their life away. lived good for a few years and all for nothing.

NotoriousTDA

They have nothing, no cheques coming in, no royalties, no money, no deal. Nothing. Back to square one. Signed their life away. lived good for a few years and all for nothing.

Its called a wicked vacation, mate.

Jaydc

And in those few years they accomplished more then they would hav ever done on their own.Lets face it,lil twist and gudda gudda arent going sell 10 albums.

Blood$

good, that means in a few years we will never hear from them again unless its an interview of them dissing Birdman  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

And in those few years they accomplished more then they would hav ever done on their own.Lets face it,lil twist and gudda gudda arent going sell 10 albums.

Exactly.  They will now have the experience, knowledge, and connects to be able to go and get in another situation...

Think of it as a rookie contract, we'll show you the ropes and you get all access for free.  These cats don't get deals if not for Young Money..  They suck as artists, let's face it..

In the rap game, you gotta get known when you're young...  If Young Money can't do that for you, it ain't gonna happen at all...  They doing all these bums a favor..

Aside from the bigger stars on that roster, I'm hundred percent sure they got good lawyers and signed proper contracts.

Royalty cheques ain't what they used to be, new artists don't cake off them as much as fans think they do...  Big misconception on here....

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Evidently it's a mistake number one to sign to a guy who's covered up with tattoos and goes by some twisted prison name "Baby".
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>