Author Topic: Talib Kweli & Coolio - Radio 1 Rap Show  (Read 178 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Talib Kweli & Coolio - Radio 1 Rap Show
« on: December 08, 2002, 06:02:36 AM »
Did anyone catch this last night? Talib and Coolio were live in the studio with Westwood, it was a good show too, what I heard of it anyway. I was in work till 10 but when I was driving home I caught the part where they were listening to all the Benzino Vs. Eminem diss tracks. Talib, especially, had some real things to say. Coolio officially pronounced Em the winner of the first round, lol. After hearing Benzino's "Pull Up Your Skirt" Talib basically said that Benzino should either keep it hip-hop or instead of talking about bringing it to Em he should just bring it, not mix both. He then, after hearing Em's response, gave Em props for keeping it hip-hop. After hearing Benzino's "Die Another Day" both Coolio and Talib were disturbed/disgusted by him talking about Em's kid, and Talib said he thinks that was going way too far and that no-one should bring kids into diss songs 'cos thats what causes things to get out of hand, and that goes for both of them, which I totally agree with. They both said that they are feeling Benzino's "Rock The Party", and that they think it's doing well and felt that there was really no need for him to come after Em.
Talib also declared the acoustic version of 2Pac's "Thugz Mansion" "real music". There was also alot of plugging of his album, "Quality"  ;D Oh, and Coolio said he might be going into the studio with Big Bro before he goes back to the US, which sounds like it could be interesting.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:Talib Kweli & Coolio - Radio 1 Rap Show
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 06:54:39 AM »
Yeah, I caught that last night. Talib Kweli really does break everything down, and there was not one thing he said last night that I disagree with. Coolio was pretty cool, althought the tracks that I have heard played on both that show, and the Dreem Team today from his album have sounded pretty wack to me. The highlight was when they freestyled together over a Gangstarr beat (i'm not sure what track it was), cause they both sounded real dope over the beat, and the way in which their styles were different actually made them sound dope together. I think they should do a song together at some point.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 08:37:33 AM »
I heard it too westwood played the ja rule duets and coolio started dissing ja rule saying he was a r and b singer who  couldnt sing. He also said ja rule cant make a hit on his own.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 09:58:20 AM »
Oh, and Coolio said he might be going into the studio with Big Bro before he goes back to the US, which sounds like it could be interesting.

That could be real interestin