Author Topic: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)  (Read 2889 times)

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
Re: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »
There's also the possibility that maybe the Old West just doesn't think the New West are talented enought to merit working with.  Think about it: in school, would you want to collaborate with someone on a project who you felt wasn't as smart as you?  To the point where you had to carry the group.  No.  You want to be in a group of people who you think are on your level.

Let me ask you -- which members of the New West do you think are at the same level of the Old West in terms of ability to make good music?  The Old West can't be haters if they estimate that the new rappers just aren't talented enough to work with.

...Just a thought...

A big part in this phenomenon is musicianship in all forms of the art. When you talk about the old west you have to take into consideration that many of the OGs are real musicians who play live intsruments and not just computer software experts. Then you look at the gangsta phenomenon all this gangsta street credibility stuff has gave the art a mis-reprensentation of the form. N.W.A were street reporters they took the B-boy conscious rap formula from the east coast and morphed it into the scenary of what the west coast was all about  it wasn't until snoop came into the picture that the gang bang stuff came into the art and changed it's expression from musicianship into street credibility and blah blah blah. But even snoop has musicianship in his background.

The whole thing now is we need to get back to the art which is about music. We turned musicianship into gangsterism which wasn't what was done in the beginning. Gangstas don't have no business trying to be musicians and musicians don't have no business trying to be gangsters. N.W.A, above the law,CMW,DJ quik were musicians who were street reporters not gangs bangers. We need to get back to being musicians and this way we will get better music and more artful expressions.
i don't know barry white and jakie wilson was gangstas and great musicians and performers, it's all about making good music, and you can't say just cause someone is a gangsta they shouldn't be a musician! i think the gangsta stories are not done enough these days, the og's had crazy stories and they shit had a message to it,i don't hear that much today yell

The game has changed. It always is changing and evolving but right now it's too popppy and too main stream and being gangsta or not doesn't really have anything to do with it. Just like Rock and Hard rock from chuck berry to jimi hendrix soon as the main stream get a hold of the sound it's time to move on. Just like gangsta rap now I mean everybody from compton to paris thinks they know about gangsterism from the popularity of gangsta rap. Shit is at a stand still because it's time to innovate again and we must remember this is still music we are doing and there comes a point to where the context of gangsta stories get's played out with the mass music consumer. What got their attention with N.W.A from the inception was the shock value.  Right now there ain't no more shock value in the form of gangsta rap. I mean how many ways can you explain growing up in the hood smoking weed going to prison fucking a 100 hos etc etc etc....

The thang now economiclly in this business is the internet was a great ally in the beginning but now it's a enemy especially for independent artist and now with the economy struggling there aren't that many loyal consumers who have 5-10 dollars to buy the material like you once did. So you turn to main stream and this relam is ran strictly by politics and maybe 1 or 2 talent driven acts who they feel will crossover and sell in the main stream. The thing right now is innovation if you can event something that nobody has ever seen you will make a impact in this game but right now with t economics in the condition it's in how is a independent underground gansta artist goin to sell when you got 100,000 thousand clones all sounding just alike.

Naw it don't matter if you a gangtsa or whatever.... if you have talent in this craft you will stand out and innovate but the criteria isn't who's the hardest street nigga or who got the most gangsta credibility.  When there ain't no money it goes back to the art and love and this is the direction the rap music game is going.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
i can braille that, and also the fake rappers are usually the ones who go out of there way to make em seem like they keep it networth,they'll get a lil charge and make it seem like they did the longest bid, like when game went to jail for like 7 days the way he spoke about it you'd think he did 7 years!

i can hear mako capone rap and even tho i don't know him i can tell he keep'n it 110% networth,but then i hear lets say a young bucc and i'm like he might have hung with some real one's and did some minor shit but he ain't real like that,but he'll go on a tirade how he's the realist equal in the game and fans not in the know eat that shit up. shit is personally disgusting to me,i wish they would just say i'm doing this shit for entertainment purposes only, i mean that's what i do,cause networth street shit that i would get into i'd leave it in streets,ain't got to let fans know everything i do especially if it's shit that could get a equal locc'd up braille me yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

westside159

« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2010, 02:48:36 AM »
Yeah Chill makes some cool beats