Author Topic: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)  (Read 2884 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »
if snoop himself has come out and admitted hes hated on artists from the west then why cant you just get over it and admit it?

He may have hated on certain rappers in the past (see Crooked I and the new death row), but right now he's doing more for the coast than anyone. So why are you still calling him an "old ass hater"?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »
I get it,youve made your points,you enjoy the westcoast being dead

the west isn't dead and you're a tool of the mainstream if you believe that. 95% of mainstream is shit. Those generic songs getting pumped out by clear channel? That's what's dead. 

The_Offence

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
You still have this fucked up imaginary mentality that the west even has a snowball's chance of being mainstream again, and that its somehow the OGs fault. Hell no. The west coast is dead because the mainstream doesn't want to hear west coast music. None of the rappers you and I like have even a chance of blowing up because the music you and I enjoy listening to is completely different to what gets played on mtv and clear channel. You want proof, Just listen to the fucking radio!!! Does that sound like Crooked I or Bishop Lamont?? Or even anyone this forum likes? Fuck no.

Bottom line is, stop blaming the older generation when these newer rappers have NO CHANCE of blowing up. Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube are barely surviving on their legacies alone, what in the world makes you think anyone else has a chance of blowing up?
nigga said is best, out here most niggaz i roll with and from people i know, im one of the few that listens to west coast rap, when niggaz having there lil talk about whos hot and i mention a nigga from the west niggaz be like yo son i cant listen to west coast rap, seriously niggaz i know dont rate west coast niggaz, the only niggas getting any kind oF mention is game,crooked i,nipsey & jay rock from the west but its not even that major, the older rappers fucked it up for the west, them niggaz put yall in a deep hole and it will be hard for young west coast niggaz to get respect as lyricist out side of cali, when i play some nipey them dudes think he's fire but them boys are not used to hearing a west coast nigga like nipesy, when they hear about west coast rap them niggaz thinking its a nigga that was out when we were in high school like mack 10 or somebody and they aint really fucking with that shit, i cant see the west cost getting mainstream love anytime soon, being a nigga out side the west and seeing how niggaz view west coast rap, ya'll niggaz got a serious up hill battle, because i hear them niggaz fucking with the east, fucking with the south but when i mention west coast them niggaz look at me like b are you serious, i think its just the west coast have a reputation of having a sound thats not really appealing to young niggaz outside of cali so niggaz dont  give there shit a listen because them niggaz think it sounds like its out dated.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:48:12 PM by The_Offence »

Jaydc

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »
Blu also has an almost non existent fan base.

acgrundy

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »
There is this thing called business, you may want to learn about it.  Album sales are horrible these days.  An artist should look out for himself and thats it.  He has no responsibility to anyone other than himself.

Last time I checked Mcdonalds wasn't promoting the mom and pop spot down the road.

People don't have money to go out and buy everyone's album or see everyone's show.  These rappers know that...they gotta sell themselves.  If mutha fuckers wanted to hear the new west so bad then they would have record deals themselves and put albums out already.

WTF do you think these record exec's care about? 1 thing - making money.  If they had any faith at all in these new west rappers then these new west rappers would be putting out album.  But that ain't happening.

Snoop and cube have given so many rappers a chance in this rap game, the fact that you are calling them haters just shows your ignorance.  Do I even need to list the rappers who have gotten an opportunity because of snoop and cube?  When is enough, enough?  you want them to hold everybodies hand until they hit platinum status?  Get real.

These mutha fuckers job is to make music and sell out shows and records.  Their job is not to give a hand out to some whiny ass fool tryna be a rap star.  Quit with the fucking excuses - not everybody is meant to be famous in the music industry.

Jaydc

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »
Did you just try to use a competitive business as a comparison?Your an idiot grundy,go drive another 6 hours to play someone in basketball.

An artist should look after himself?Do you even know what the fuck your talking about?I guess dre should have looked out forhimself and left snoop at home.I guess 50 should have never brough g unit to the game.Fat Joe should never have helped big pun get put on he should have just worried about himself.LOL,look at all labels and artists,the minute they put the focus on themselves they fail.When fat joe decided he was the star of terror squasd the label fell apart and he lost huis fan base.When master p decided he was the star of no limit and gave himself the most priorirty the label fell apart and so did his fan base.Shall I continyue?Seriously,just stay of the conversation,raposide makes good points but your just an idiot.WHEN ARTISTS HELP OTHER ARTISTS IT HELPS THEM AS WELL.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:49:43 PM by Jaydc thinks Jesus is an Uncle Tom »

Jaydc

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
2pac was the last true leader of the west,he worked with everyone,from la to the bay didnt matter who it was.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »
^
the way I see it is, if Snoop hadn't gotten any buzz after his appearance on Deep Cover, Dre wouldn't have put him on. Dre put him on one song and it got everyone talking about this dude. That was the incentive for Dre to feature him all over his record. That's why he blew up. In today's music environment, especially with the bias against west coast artists or anyone sounding west coast, Snoop can put a rapper on a song and it won't do shit for their career.

I think half the problem is that west coast music is seen as "old", yet these new west rappers want to carry on the same style and make the same type of music. But the mainstream doesn't want to hear that kind of music anymore. Just look at New Boyz. They are doing someone completely different from what is considered "west coast", and it works for them. As long as west coast artists continue to make music that isn't "hot", they won't get any attention. I don't have a problem with that. I'd rather hear Crooked I or Bishop Lamont then New Boyz anyday. But at the same time I understand that I am in the minority and I realize that these artists will never blow up until they start making commercial trash. What they should be doing instead of trying to get signed and never putting out albums is trying to build an underground fan base of fans like me.

Jaydc

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »
At the end of the day,In my mind,crooked i,etc should be releasing independant albums and building their fan base.But,its frustrating to watch the coast go nowhere.It lacks true leadership.It lacks a 2pac,a suge someone who can unite the coast and make music together.Wether or not theyget huge or not isnt the point im making.But the best chances of it even having a chance is unity.Ice cube uses this i am the west shit as a gimmick to old fans who are stuckk in the past.How is ice cube the west?Dude does nothing for the coast.And the idiots eat the shit up.

Jaydc

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »
And as far as teh deep cover goes,well the point is he made the song with him.Snoop dogg got his buzz because dre made a song with him and it got big.Snoop didnt get that buzz on some solo song.

Jaydc

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 06:10:12 PM »
Look at kanye west and jay z.Jay didnt originally want kanye to rap but in the end he did.He brough kanye to the public with his cosign.And then kanye became a huge a star and now hes the one keeping jay z relevant.He passed the torch and it helped him tremendously.Look at people like bun b constantly working with everyone from the south helping them get put on.hes still relevant and respected by his entire coast.thats the difference.They have to put aside their egos and realize one of these new artist could be a superstar and it would help their own careers.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »
this old west new west shit is wack.. i mean is it for exposure? cuz outside of dubcc nobody cares about neither of them or the whatever beef...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 10:19:48 PM »
And as far as teh deep cover goes,well the point is he made the song with him.Snoop dogg got his buzz because dre made a song with him and it got big.Snoop didnt get that buzz on some solo song.

That's the point I was making. Because Snoop has actually been making songs with newer rappers and featuring them on his records. But its not really doing anything for them as far as getting them mainstream attention. I guess it's a different kind of industry now.

OH YOU NEED DAT??

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 10:48:53 PM »

shiit....... dre thought snoop was tight. he believed in him. the old guys dont believe in the younger artist. and basically why should they??? they sound like a younger version of the old guys. nothing i hear changing the game.

good luck tho

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
At the end of the day,In my mind,crooked i,etc should be releasing independant albums and building their fan base.But,its frustrating to watch the coast go nowhere.It lacks true leadership.It lacks a 2pac,a suge someone who can unite the coast and make music together.Wether or not theyget huge or not isnt the point im making.But the best chances of it even having a chance is unity.Ice cube uses this i am the west shit as a gimmick to old fans who are stuckk in the past.How is ice cube the west?Dude does nothing for the coast.And the idiots eat the shit up.

But saying "I Am the West" is vintage Ice Cube. It's an ego thing and don't forget that ego is practically the basis of hip hop. To me, the essence of the hip hop game is a rapper on the mic bragging. It's what Cube has been doing from day one and what defined the rapper during the 90s. You can't expect them to change and suddenly become pansies now that the game has been watered down. As far as a west coast battle legend saying "I Am the West", there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I would expect nothing less from Cube than for him to come back into the game still claiming to be the best. If he didn't then he wouldn't be Ice Cube anymore, tha nigga you love to hate. It's good to know that Hollywood hasn't changed him.

Think about it this way: if someone takes offense at Cube, its an open invitation for them to step up and prove themselves on the mic. And maybe we could get some classic beef and diss songs out of it. The west coast was built on beef but now all of a sudden people are crying about it? As far as I'm concerned this is a good thing for the west. There's too much crying on blogs and twitter for me, lets get some actual music out of this. And no need for people to get their feelings hurt and play the role of stans or haters. I'll support Cube's album when it drops and if the new west rappers I like ever drop albums, I'll support them as well.