Author Topic: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)  (Read 2892 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2010, 05:06:01 AM »
^
the way I see it is, if Snoop hadn't gotten any buzz after his appearance on Deep Cover, Dre wouldn't have put him on. Dre put him on one song and it got everyone talking about this dude. That was the incentive for Dre to feature him all over his record. That's why he blew up. In today's music environment, especially with the bias against west coast artists or anyone sounding west coast, Snoop can put a rapper on a song and it won't do shit for their career.

I think half the problem is that west coast music is seen as "old", yet these new west rappers want to carry on the same style and make the same type of music. But the mainstream doesn't want to hear that kind of music anymore. Just look at New Boyz. They are doing someone completely different from what is considered "west coast", and it works for them. As long as west coast artists continue to make music that isn't "hot", they won't get any attention. I don't have a problem with that. I'd rather hear Crooked I or Bishop Lamont then New Boyz anyday. But at the same time I understand that I am in the minority and I realize that these artists will never blow up until they start making commercial trash. What they should be doing instead of trying to get signed and never putting out albums is trying to build an underground fan base of fans like me.
Bishop gave 5 free street albums  ???

COMPTONRIDA1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • COMPTON ORIGINAL
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2010, 09:19:19 AM »
jus heard chill said the interview was chopped up and fake...lmao..I KNEW HE WOULD BOW DOWN

The_Offence

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
chill is clown, once i heard this nigga lying on videos saying he's signed to intercope to impress a bitch i couldn't take that nigga serious, whats sup with all these west coast niggaz pulling lame stunts for attention, you go perez hilton aka 40 glocc doing his daily blogs about every successful rapper lying about robbing niggaz, seriously does that nigga 40 like any rapper thats getting money hahaha  now you got chill saying the interview was edited, nigga you scared, glasses would give that nigga the bizness in a 1 on 1 fade.    

COMPTONRIDA1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • COMPTON ORIGINAL
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2010, 09:55:22 AM »
chill is clown, once i heard this nigga lying on videos saying he's signed to intercope to impress a bitch i couldn't take that nigga serious, whats sup with all these west coast niggaz pulling lame stunts for attention, you go perez hilton aka 40 glocc doing his daily blogs about every successful rapper lying about robbing niggaz, seriously does that nigga 40 like any rapper thats getting money hahaha  now you got chill saying the interview was edited, nigga you scared, glasses would give that nigga the bizness in a 1 on 1 fade.    

from GMALONE'S Twitter
Shout out to Chill for a being a real one and @osotru thats fucked up how you edited his interview!!! SMH!!   
 12:45 AM May 7th  via web 

Real TALK..Im bout to post the entire interview....He even goes in and lie and say he punked Mako Capone @ 20 minutes
http://twtmuzik.net/songs.php?tms=23749

westside159

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »
Chill getting at these clowns .  you cant fucc with the Original westcoast pioneers bro .  calm down

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2010, 03:45:25 PM »
Look at kanye west and jay z.Jay didnt originally want kanye to rap but in the end he did.He brough kanye to the public with his cosign.And then kanye became a huge a star and now hes the one keeping jay z relevant.He passed the torch and it helped him tremendously.Look at people like bun b constantly working with everyone from the south helping them get put on.hes still relevant and respected by his entire coast.thats the difference.They have to put aside their egos and realize one of these new artist could be a superstar and it would help their own careers.

um wrong. jayz didnt even want kanye to rap only to produce but dame was the one who stood by kanyes side and then when kanye starting making noise thats when jayz stepped in and thats a fact that kanye himself will tell you

shit even jayzs verse on kanyes first album is a recycled verse he did years before.

Jaydc

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »
I already said he didnt want kanye to rap at first idiot.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2010, 04:44:22 PM »
Your talking about a coast that is completely stuck in the past.These fans need their fucking hands held by the ogs to be put on to new west artists.
i agree with this 110%  "without a famous co-sign, outta site outta mind" yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »
Even a cosign won't do it for you if you are a west coast artist. Look at Bishop with Dre, Glasses with Wayne, Damani with Snoop.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2010, 05:02:55 PM »
Even a cosign won't do it for you if you are a west coast artist. Look at Bishop with Dre, Glasses with Wayne, Damani with Snoop.

Yeah that is true. I was just about to post something similar to this. If Snoop is struggling to go gold and Cube as well even though he is indie, what real push will a co sign give some of these other artists? But at the same time it does show unity and support as a whole which is needed IMO. Double edged sword either way.

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »
I think The Reformation not droppin set the New West movement way back. There's been a few singles from New West artist that saw good airplay but no albums followed. I think a lot of artist r afraid they albums gone flop..This may b the Dues that the OG's speak of. We already know what east and south radio gone do..chances r u won't get many spins after u leave town. I put Politics & Pimpin out myself and sold 10,000 independent on the streets and 16 soundscan. Who really gives a fuck how u get it just get it. LA hip hop is mostly cut throat. Niggas aint ready 2 pass torches on the WestCoast somebody gone have 2 take it. Only time this issue pops up is when some 1 new shows some real potential. Fuck all this New Old West beefin I want 2 C some albums drop. When It comes time 2 tour and promote those records we can C who the haters and suppoters r. 
Flixx

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
yeah but they ain't get that with a actual album drop'n,or them taking them with them on they promo tours pump'n em up saying "such and such is coming next" yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »
I already said he didnt want kanye to rap at first idiot.

so why bring up that example when it only proves rapsodies point? kanye had to make a buzz for himself big enough for jayz to believe in him and then he gave him a cosign.

game and snoop has given nipsey cosigns on the radio and had him on tour. dre gave bishop a cosign by signing him. problem got alot of attention and shoutoutsby game and is signed to snoop. game gave jay rock the biggest support ever. snoop has given a cosign to damani bad lucc and all da otha artist on his label while glasses was down with bws and now cash money and still cant make enough noise?
so whos fault is that? shouldnt glasses be upset at cash money for not dropping their albums?

Jaydc

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2010, 11:21:05 PM »
he was signed to jay zs label and jay featured on his album and made appearances with him.Thats more then a cosign.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2010, 11:49:29 PM »
well Bishop's fanbase is bigger now than it was before he signed to aftermath...