Author Topic: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)  (Read 2887 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Chill gets at Rock, Glasses and Problem (Video)
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
Even a cosign won't do it for you if you are a west coast artist. Look at Bishop with Dre, Glasses with Wayne, Damani with Snoop.

Yeah that is true. I was just about to post something similar to this. If Snoop is struggling to go gold and Cube as well even though he is indie, what real push will a co sign give some of these other artists? But at the same time it does show unity and support as a whole which is needed IMO. Double edged sword either way.
i can tell you exactly what it can do,equals forget when dre dropped that first album on aftermath tho it went plat, it was because dre's name alone and alot of people was saying he fell the fucc off and fucc that nigga pac was right about that nigga, yet he got with eminem and things went bacc in his favor, hell a dope new artist can breath life bacc into a muthafucca, and even dre was thinking about what people was saying "forgot about dre" yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »
I already said he didnt want kanye to rap at first idiot.

so why bring up that example when it only proves rapsodies point? kanye had to make a buzz for himself big enough for jayz to believe in him and then he gave him a cosign.

game and snoop has given nipsey cosigns on the radio and had him on tour. dre gave bishop a cosign by signing him. problem got alot of attention and shoutoutsby game and is signed to snoop. game gave jay rock the biggest support ever. snoop has given a cosign to damani bad lucc and all da otha artist on his label while glasses was down with bws and now cash money and still cant make enough noise?
so whos fault is that? shouldnt glasses be upset at cash money for not dropping their albums?

just signing one to your label is not a co-sign,bringing them along and doing features at big events help more,we live in a time where people really want to say who is that" and oh he really kicc it with such and such i got to checc em out"  i mean when dre did that thing with bishop it made people want to get on bishops side even more,but he didn't drop no real product and wasn't seen at no big event and touting as the next great thing, yeah dre spoke on a interview or two but nothing major with the music,plus people still was more interested and hearing dre's beats more so then bishop's rap'n and i'm talking about muthafuccas who go out and buy the records, plus artist got to have that it factor to make all or most attention shift on them,i mean if you do a song with wayne you got to make wayne  fans and people who heard the song say "yeah wayne did his thang,but ol boy/girl killed that shit,wayne better sign them cause they gonna be a beast" yell

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »
he was signed to jay zs label and jay featured on his album and made appearances with him.Thats more then a cosign.

okay lets see here.

bishop - was signed to dr dre and worked with warren g and a few others. the end

jay rock - was on 2 doctors advocate game tours, had game in his video, game produced california soul for him, gave him a public co-sign on camera and on radio, featured on other tde artist songs, had jay rock on a bunch of mixtape songs, had jay rock do cameos in his videos and was on the lax tour, was on power house with game

nipsey -  bout to do a song with cube, got a cosign from snoop, was on tour with snoop  and did records with snoop, had game cosign him on the radio, was given a song by game which originally was recorded for lax, was featured on red room, was featured on that snoop mixtape, was on the lax tour, was on powerhouse with game

glasses - got a cosign from dr dre himself and had a beat produced by dre, was on the lax tour, asked to sign to bws but he turned it down. released his first mixtape on bws, worked with a few songs with game and other bws artist, mack 10 signed him, done songs with snoop

problem - got a cosign from quik, worked with quik, cosign from snoop and game, works closely with snoop, done songs with snoop and i think is about to record songs with game, was on tour with snoop

i could name more artist like ya boy and shit but i dont need to.

now did jayz or anybody else do anything like that for artist not even signed to their label? imo ice cube has done the least
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:46:23 PM by cowboy1 »

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »
I already said he didnt want kanye to rap at first idiot.

so why bring up that example when it only proves rapsodies point? kanye had to make a buzz for himself big enough for jayz to believe in him and then he gave him a cosign.

game and snoop has given nipsey cosigns on the radio and had him on tour. dre gave bishop a cosign by signing him. problem got alot of attention and shoutoutsby game and is signed to snoop. game gave jay rock the biggest support ever. snoop has given a cosign to damani bad lucc and all da otha artist on his label while glasses was down with bws and now cash money and still cant make enough noise?
so whos fault is that? shouldnt glasses be upset at cash money for not dropping their albums?

just signing one to your label is not a co-sign,bringing them along and doing features at big events help more,we live in a time where people really want to say who is that" and oh he really kicc it with such and such i got to checc em out"  i mean when dre did that thing with bishop it made people want to get on bishops side even more,but he didn't drop no real product and wasn't seen at no big event and touting as the next great thing, yeah dre spoke on a interview or two but nothing major with the music,plus people still was more interested and hearing dre's beats more so then bishop's rap'n and i'm talking about muthafuccas who go out and buy the records, plus artist got to have that it factor to make all or most attention shift on them,i mean if you do a song with wayne you got to make wayne  fans and people who heard the song say "yeah wayne did his thang,but ol boy/girl killed that shit,wayne better sign them cause they gonna be a beast" yell

i never read any of your posts with all due respect
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:46:49 PM by cowboy1 »

Jaydc

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
While I can agree that certain artists have had oppurtunities,the industry isnt like it was when the west was on top and unity is the key for any success in the future.I want to everyone work with everyone and stop all the bullshit bickering.Wether you like it or not the south is on top because of unity.Dissing and negativity get you an initial jump but in the end people just want to hear dope music.In the end thats what its all about.And the music that old west and new west would make together as one coast would trump any music either side is making now.

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2010, 10:49:31 PM »
While I can agree that certain artists have had oppurtunities,the industry isnt like it was when the west was on top and unity is the key for any success in the future.I want to everyone work with everyone and stop all the bullshit bickering.Wether you like it or not the south is on top because of unity.Dissing and negativity get you an initial jump but in the end people just want to hear dope music.In the end thats what its all about.And the music that old west and new west would make together as one coast would trump any music either side is making now.

thank you!! thats what ive been saying. i have to give you kudos because i agree with alot the points you make when it comes to this subject, if you will.

i think the biggest problem the west coast have is the old mentality that so many fans are stuck in, including this site, which makes it harder for anything new or beyond to succeed.

my point however was that all those artist mentioned can not say that the top dogs aint reaching out cus thats wrong.

Blood$

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2010, 10:51:01 PM »

networth

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010, 08:46:30 AM »
There's also the possibility that maybe the Old West just doesn't think the New West are talented enought to merit working with.  Think about it: in school, would you want to collaborate with someone on a project who you felt wasn't as smart as you?  To the point where you had to carry the group.  No.  You want to be in a group of people who you think are on your level.

Let me ask you -- which members of the New West do you think are at the same level of the Old West in terms of ability to make good music?  The Old West can't be haters if they estimate that the new rappers just aren't talented enough to work with.

...Just a thought...
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2010, 09:30:25 AM »
There's also the possibility that maybe the Old West just doesn't think the New West are talented enought to merit working with.  Think about it: in school, would you want to collaborate with someone on a project who you felt wasn't as smart as you?  To the point where you had to carry the group.  No.  You want to be in a group of people who you think are on your level.

Let me ask you -- which members of the New West do you think are at the same level of the Old West in terms of ability to make good music?  The Old West can't be haters if they estimate that the new rappers just aren't talented enough to work with.

...Just a thought...

A big part in this phenomenon is musicianship in all forms of the art. When you talk about the old west you have to take into consideration that many of the OGs are real musicians who play live intsruments and not just computer software experts. Then you look at the gangsta phenomenon all this gangsta street credibility stuff has gave the art a mis-reprensentation of the form. N.W.A were street reporters they took the B-boy conscious rap formula from the east coast and morphed it into the scenary of what the west coast was all about  it wasn't until snoop came into the picture that the gang bang stuff came into the art and changed it's expression from musicianship into street credibility and blah blah blah. But even snoop has musicianship in his background.

The whole thing now is we need to get back to the art which is about music. We turned musicianship into gangsterism which wasn't what was done in the beginning. Gangstas don't have no business trying to be musicians and musicians don't have no business trying to be gangsters. N.W.A, above the law,CMW,DJ quik were musicians who were street reporters not gangs bangers. We need to get back to being musicians and this way we will get better music and more artful expressions.

COMPTONRIDA1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • COMPTON ORIGINAL
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2010, 09:49:29 AM »
Wow this thread is turned up.... The older artist should extend hands to the younger generation to show appreciation and admiration of the youth for keeping what they started alive..point blank...This shit is jus like gangs..If you dont hand down the jewels to the younger homies.. whos gonna keep the hood alive when the OG's are too old....

Now @ SHAKA ZULU BIG MAN...Real gangsters are suppose to rap if they have the skill and the drive to do it.. Getting the information first hand from a real gangster is better than the opinion of a ghetto reporter.. Most of you will never understand cuz yall aint living thru this struggle that we living....

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »
they mad cube got a dope single thats buzzin...and they have....well nuthin and they been doin this for years....lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »
Wow this thread is turned up.... The older artist should extend hands to the younger generation to show appreciation and admiration of the youth for keeping what they started alive..point blank...This shit is jus like gangs..If you dont hand down the jewels to the younger homies.. whos gonna keep the hood alive when the OG's are too old....

Now @ SHAKA ZULU BIG MAN...Real gangsters are suppose to rap if they have the skill and the drive to do it.. Getting the information first hand from a real gangster is better than the opinion of a ghetto reporter.. Most of you will never understand cuz yall aint living thru this struggle that we living....

Everyone right now is living through a struggle. It ain't just the gangsta or the wanna be or the square or even an individual who has millions of dollars. Economiclly everybody is going through ordeals because we are in a transition state as far as what the powers that be want to see this nation go through. It's all about balance. This hip hop from the embryo stages wasn't about capital or the industry it was about expression of self because during the early 80s reganomics entered the picture and took many social programs from the ghetto as a result the art of hip hop music ushered in.

Again it's balance. With gantgsta rap you had N.W.A, Ice T ,above the law etc who reported the gangsta lifestyle.
A lot of stories were from real gangstas perspectives but it was done with artistic expression and nobody at that time said I am from this gang or that gang it was all third person stories perfomed as if  the MC was sylvester stallone or Arnold swarzneggar etc. This  made it entertainment and it also told the story of what was going on in the west coast. Now when snoop came in talking about crip this and that this is when real gangstas was like wait a minute these fools is talking about my life style and my struggle. They were like I should do this as well because I can tell the story better that he can. So as a result the real street nigga karmiclly got his chance because of the law. Many west coast rappers started perpentrating and law is the real gangstas deserved a chance.

But now looking at the balance you have too many who are trying to do it who don't have the natural talent necessary to deliver rap phenomenon's on a N.W.A ICE T level. So as you see in this present time this music thang ain't selling it ain't making every and everybody rich anymore, The music consumer is broke and as a result it's going back to the art which is musicianship. If you have talent as a real street gangsta in music go for it but if it ain't your thing that you know how to do best leave it for the individual who is superior in that line of work.  Bagalamukhi!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:16:48 AM by shaka zulu »

COMPTONRIDA1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • COMPTON ORIGINAL
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »

LEFTSIDEMUSIC.com

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2010, 12:24:12 PM »
alot of what you say rapsodie is true,but come on my equal it's a new time, plus people got to start from somewhere,us as fans got to stop acting stucc up,as well as label heads and established rappers,cube ain't trying to put nobody on his label so it's cool,but just minimizing every artist cause they aren't nationally known is stupid and that's what this coast does a lil too much, i mean it's alot of south rappers we ain't know of yet they get put on and have at least one hit and alot started out on the net or lil talent shows,so fucc that mentality, if shit is dope it's dope, i think alot of fans out here and rappers who've had modest success swear they are fucc'n dr dre with the "it got to sound like this,cd quality,did he do a song with snoop etc" that's bullshit,and who cares where you know these people from,hell j.cole came off myspace as well as b.o.b. who has the number 1 record in the country, shit is funny that mainly only the west seems to think shit is a bad thing, equals need to get off they high muthafucc'n horses and checc out shit from here yell

I feel you on that...

check out 4Five: http://www.myspace.com/4five

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2010, 01:36:07 PM »

...Just a thought...

A big part in this phenomenon is musicianship in all forms of the art. When you talk about the old west you have to take into consideration that many of the OGs are real musicians who play live intsruments and not just computer software experts. Then you look at the gangsta phenomenon all this gangsta street credibility stuff has gave the art a mis-reprensentation of the form. N.W.A were street reporters they took the B-boy conscious rap formula from the east coast and morphed it into the scenary of what the west coast was all about  it wasn't until snoop came into the picture that the gang bang stuff came into the art and changed it's expression from musicianship into street credibility and blah blah blah. But even snoop has musicianship in his background.

The whole thing now is we need to get back to the art which is about music. We turned musicianship into gangsterism which wasn't what was done in the beginning. Gangstas don't have no business trying to be musicians and musicians don't have no business trying to be gangsters. N.W.A, above the law,CMW,DJ quik were musicians who were street reporters not gangs bangers. We need to get back to being musicians and this way we will get better music and more artful expressions.
i don't know barry white and jakie wilson was gangstas and great musicians and performers, it's all about making good music, and you can't say just cause someone is a gangsta they shouldn't be a musician! i think the gangsta stories are not done enough these days, the og's had crazy stories and they shit had a message to it,i don't hear that much today yell