Author Topic: somebody enlighten me. wtf is up with all these polish/french/etc g-funk heads??  (Read 481 times)

i see these blogs on the internet devoted to g-funk and i'm talking ultra obscure shit lots of stuff i've never even heard of. MOST of the people on these sites are from like some random european countries. i'm confused in so many ways by that. first i find it odd these guys being into this really regional local bay area and la area shit. its got so much slang and just regional talk i think itd be foreign to most people in the us let alone somebody from some place across the world from CA. secondly how the fuck do they even find out about this shit and get it?

is it actually popular among groups of people there or is there just a lot of people into it in all these random european spots for whatever reason. somebody break this shit down for me :P.

i mean its cool the shit gets props i think there are some amazing small time g-funk releases but its still just fucking bizarre to me.

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
Yea I always wondered the same thing. I mean its weird that they know so much of the underground music here and yet we (or at least me) know almost nothing about their music apart from some rock bands from the UK and some Black Metal from all over Europe.

Bananas

It's cool when they put me on to some shit I might have missed otherwise, HOWEVER, it's annoying and almost embarrassing as a white man when they try to copy the slang and dialect they hear in the music.

It's probably acceptable in their part of the world since the originators aren't there to pull their card, but they would be laughed at or worse if they took a trip to the states and tried to cozy up with black people just by talking like a rap record.

manson

I assume y'all aint even 14 or somethin' to say such ignorant shit. I'm french & white, and then wtf? I dont give a fuck about no color, nationality or religion (exept for punk ass zionist).

Only thing I like in the USA is the ghettos for the simple reason they shit on the rest of this shitty country america is. And i personnaly shit on this country &  most of his residents too  like I do on all the other so-called developped countries (france included) oppressing the rest of the world.

I'm 29 and listen to west coast hip hop since i'm 11. Didn't understand a lot at the beginning but the music itself was incredible for me. Still i know the difference between my reality and the one of people in the US streets. I aint no gangsta  or dangerous dude but still i'm a real man so i like everything that is a just cause like the streets against the rest in the US . Always down for the oppressed against the oppressor. And i cant help but laugh when I hear you white american kids acting like u MORE gangsta than foreigner just cause you are american. Imma summarize your speech : " the american wanabe is more gangsta than the Euopean wanabe"  hahaha, well,  It's gonna be hard for you to hear the truth but neither you nor them are gangstaz. Ya'll just bitches . Whatever country you are, it comes down to dat : dont pretend to be what u are not.

Concerning the slang, like i told ya i been listenin to this since i'm 11 and hip hop has always been like the only likeable source for me to learn english that's y u can certainly find words that  should  not hear from a european white man, on the contrary, you are usin it to make it seem u are what u aint. What a shame

Oh, by the way , it's alotta ghettos in France too, so stop talkin on what you dont know, and for the real ones on this forum (american or not), this aint got nothin to do with you just for the thread starter and his followers..

G-Funk

i always assumed they were barely getting the 17-year old radio waves in their areas. :laugh:

slickrik2002

• Lil Geezy

I assume y'all aint even 14 or somethin' to say such ignorant shit. I'm french & white, and then wtf? I dont give a fuck about no color, nationality or religion (exept for punk ass zionist).

Only thing I like in the USA is the ghettos for the simple reason they shit on the rest of this shitty country america is. And i personnaly shit on this country &  most of his residents too  like I do on all the other so-called developped countries (france included) oppressing the rest of the world.

I'm 29 and listen to west coast hip hop since i'm 11. Didn't understand a lot at the beginning but the music itself was incredible for me. Still i know the difference between my reality and the one of people in the US streets. I aint no gangsta  or dangerous dude but still i'm a real man so i like everything that is a just cause like the streets against the rest in the US . Always down for the oppressed against the oppressor. And i cant help but laugh when I hear you white american kids acting like u MORE gangsta than foreigner just cause you are american. Imma summarize your speech : " the american wanabe is more gangsta than the Euopean wanabe"  hahaha, well,  It's gonna be hard for you to hear the truth but neither you nor them are gangstaz. Ya'll just bitches . Whatever country you are, it comes down to dat : dont pretend to be what u are not.

Concerning the slang, like i told ya i been listenin to this since i'm 11 and hip hop has always been like the only likeable source for me to learn english that's y u can certainly find words that  should  not hear from a european white man, on the contrary, you are usin it to make it seem u are what u aint. What a shame

Oh, by the way , it's alotta ghettos in France too, so stop talkin on what you dont know, and for the real ones on this forum (american or not), this aint got nothin to do with you just for the thread starter and his followers..

i dunno bout all that but i do know that the french are a bunch of pussies.  keep quiet and go back to eatin crepes

LYRIDER

;D

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
shit that bitch humpin the couch had me goin  :'(
I gotta admit, the beats they use r tight az. Whens the last time we heard somethin like that in English

Mietek23

ThaPrince

In France we have very good producer of that g-funk sound, but when it comes to the guys who rap over those type of beats... :-X most of the time their lyrics are crap