Author Topic: Complex previews rough version of R.E.D. Album . Check it out. + tracklist  (Read 1715 times)

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
yea they'll be  probably 17 or 18 tracks like all his cds. They make it seem like pharell didn't do too bad. Heavy production from pharell i was hoping for maybe 4 pharell tracks not 8 or however many there are. Snoop on the album twice? Game will pick the better of those two songs to make it. Look forward to the dre track. Wish he had 3 or 4 thugh. Album sounds decent, which is good news becomes that lowers my expectations. Hopefully he can surpass it now. I remember the LAX review had me pumped but i ended up being let down

The_Offence

this shit looks watered down ass as fuck if im going to buy some water down shit im better of buying drakes album and supporting a toronto nigga haha

JohnnyL

LOL @ certified 2002 club banger for it must be me

That is a pretty funny line.  But these guys kind of come off sounding like haters to me.  Isn't posting a review of a rough cut of an album kind of like watching a movie while it's still being shot, and then writing a review saying that the special effects sucked?
 Let me put it this way, I have very little faith in this album turning out good, but I would at least give Game the benefit of the doubt and wait to review a proper version of the album rather than jumping the gun and reviewing a rough version.  I just get the impression that these guys have an agenda to torpedo Game's sales by preemptively bashing the album before they've even heard the real thing.

Sikotic™

Looks like ass.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jaydc

That is a pretty funny line.  But these guys kind of come off sounding like haters to me.  Isn't posting a review of a rough cut of an album kind of like watching a movie while it's still being shot, and then writing a review saying that the special effects sucked?
 Let me put it this way, I have very little faith in this album turning out good, but I would at least give Game the benefit of the doubt and wait to review a proper version of the album rather than jumping the gun and reviewing a rough version.  I just get the impression that these guys have an agenda to torpedo Game's sales by preemptively bashing the album before they've even heard the real thing.

yeah,I suppose,but chances are the album really is trash.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

probable why game was tweeting about the media today, thought the same as you

JohnnyL

yeah,I suppose,but chances are the album really is trash.

:-\  I was holding out hope that Game would be able to make this album work.  But I have to admit, I'm starting to have my doubts. 

Jaydc

Nothing would make me happier then game to drop a great album,I would glady eat any negative words Ive said about him lately.But,he just seems lost as an artist these days.

EFFeX

Ahh took K-Young off Diamonds, damn.  :'(

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I enjoy the idea of Game creating a conceptual album. I.E From the first track he adopts a character and follows him through various adventures.  Shake had that kind of vibe to it and I think he'd be good at that (as long as he kept it minimal name drops). 

I think having Pharrel produce the beats might be the biggest issue I have.  At this moment it sounds rather hit or miss but it's still shaping up to be better than LAX.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
Im not sure about how valid this is. They made it clear that this was a rough version too. I dont think Diamonds will be on the album because it leaked and then Game just put it on Red Room after the leak. I dont see that track making the final cut at all. Plus he did another song called "Diamonds" with Robin Thicke and it was for Thicke's Sex Therapy album. If you havent heard it then youtube that shit. Its some smooth type shit.

As far as Dre goes, Game said that they have recorded a bunch of shit together, but hes not sure what hes recording it for. Meaning if its material for "Detox" (Supposed Detox) or his own album. I know that its coming close to the time when he needs to actually turn in the album to Interscope so hopefully Dre will give him the tracks he wants. Lets not forget how tight assed Dre is with his music so dont count on any of this shit happen. Look at it like a bonus if it happens but dont expect it.

Looking forward to the final product.....That article is the opinion of one man....Id rather wait and use my own judgement.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

JohnnyL

I enjoy the idea of Game creating a conceptual album. I.E From the first track he adopts a character and follows him through various adventures.  Shake had that kind of vibe to it and I think he'd be good at that (as long as he kept it minimal name drops). 

I think having Pharrel produce the beats might be the biggest issue I have.
  At this moment it sounds rather hit or miss but it's still shaping up to be better than LAX.

Yeah.  I'm worried about that too.  I'm not too sure how well Game's flow is going to sound over an album that's comprised mostly of Pharrel beats.  To me, having Pharrel produce a couple of the beats and gotten someone (or someones) else whose production has a more westcoast sound to produce the majority of the album, might have been a safer move.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He's comparing the Dre beat to an Eminem track from The Massacre, interesting. It was a dope beat though....

Keen to hear the 2nd track with Snoop, see how his dre style synths turn out. You can't judge an unmixed album, so gotta withhold judgement to the prodcuts in my hand

GangstaBoogy

Doesn't sound good but Game always drops dope albums so I'm not worried.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jaydc

Doesn't sound good but Game always drops dope albums so I'm not worried.

LAX=TRASH