Author Topic: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!  (Read 2679 times)

ikke

Re: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2010, 03:28:16 AM »
Jome thinks "90% of people who know their hip-hop" has the same opinion as him.

I do think that regular hip hop fans know their shit better than the average G-spot poster.

What makes you think I'm not a "Regular hip hop fan"?

Jome

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2010, 03:41:59 AM »
Didn't say that, was speaking more in general.. this discussion is going nowhere fast, by the way.

Geesta

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2010, 03:48:44 AM »
Didn't say that, was speaking more in general.. this discussion is going nowhere fast, by the way.

is it just that you cant accept the fact not everyone has to think Jay Z is one of the greatest rappers ever?

Scarface discography > Jay Z discography

Sikotic™

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2010, 04:04:01 AM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2010, 06:17:11 AM »
And I see someone mention hip hop heads loving Jay.Well,from all the people Ive met in my life,the hip hop fans all acknowledge Jays success and hits,you cant deny them.But they arent fans or think hes anything special.The people I see listening to jay z are people that listen to vampire weekend and coldplay and lil wayne and whatever else is top 40.Now,thats not not me knocking Jay z,their nothing wrong with being a pop act,but thats what he is.The people I see that listen to him and love him love mainstream music they arent so called hip hop heads.Shit,Ive been to him in concert just look at the people who comes to his shows.

lol...those aren't hip hop heads, those are just snobs who know less than they think. Hip hop heads listen to both underground and mainstream. How can you call yourself a hip hop head if you have a limited taste in music and you refuse to listen to stuff cause its "mainstream"?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:21:07 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2010, 06:19:34 AM »

Jay-Z's discography IS inconsistent. But damn near every rapper's is. Most of them don't have certified classics though.

Yep, he's got the best discography, but at 12 CD's deep, obviously not the most consistent discography, that title goes to Dre's 2 masterpieces.  :D

LOL @ Snoop.

I don't see how when 6 out of your 12 albums are considered listenable (and that's being generous) that it's the best discography out. That doesn't even make sense. You cannot have almost as many hits as misses and be considered in the top 5, man. It's not logical.

But I give the guy all the credit in the world in terms of marketing. Like Snoop, Jay has been able to follow the formula designed to get optimal album sales: a shitty album with hot singles.

And my opinion has nothing to do with bucking the mainstream media. I agree with a lot of things that in the media. Like I said in previous posts, I have felt Jay-Z was overrated since I was a little kid....and he was considered the hottest thing out back then. I just never bought the hype and to be honest, listening to his albums from beginning-to-end validates my point (which is something many of his die-hard supporters wouldn't do again).

I can't take anyone seriously when they say that 6 out of his 12 albums are only listenable, especially someone who claims to have gone through his discography. And I'm not the only one. Maybe that's just a case of you personally not liking Jay-Z. But 4 of his albums were hailed as great when they came out, almost all the rest were well-recieved and only 2 were received negatively. I smh at people who go back and underrate his music because they can't stand to agree with the mainstream crowd.

And again, no one seems to have responded to the fact that his discography is remarkably similar to Nas when it comes to quality.
LOL I can put up a screen shot of all my Jay-z albums on iTunes if you want me to. I have nothing against Jay-Z. I already said I respect the guy. I have nothing against main stream music either. If I had some sort of beef with mainstream music, I wouldn't of propped any of the people who I believe have a better discography than Jay (like Kanye).

Jigga is overrated, simple as that, and many people agree. I am glad to see that his marketing schemes have worked so well throughout his career that people feel he's the GOAT. That's a respectable accomplishment on Jay's part.

You keep bringing up GOAT when I haven't even said that. All I'm saying is that his discography is better than most rappers. Who the fuck has 3 classic albums?

Jaydc

« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2010, 06:58:16 AM »
And I see someone mention hip hop heads loving Jay.Well,from all the people Ive met in my life,the hip hop fans all acknowledge Jays success and hits,you cant deny them.But they arent fans or think hes anything special.The people I see listening to jay z are people that listen to vampire weekend and coldplay and lil wayne and whatever else is top 40.Now,thats not not me knocking Jay z,their nothing wrong with being a pop act,but thats what he is.The people I see that listen to him and love him love mainstream music they arent so called hip hop heads.Shit,Ive been to him in concert just look at the people who comes to his shows.

lol...those aren't hip hop heads, those are just snobs who know less than they think. Hip hop heads listen to both underground and mainstream. How can you call yourself a hip hop head if you have a limited taste in music and you refuse to listen to stuff cause its "mainstream"?

lol@ you blindly making assumptions about people you dont know.Your just projecting some made up image in your head on people.i dont care if sometrhings on the radio or not,if its hot its hot.But jay z is over rated as fuck and I like,many other people dont beleive the hype he created about himself and people bought into.jay z is the madonna of hip hop.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2010, 07:48:46 AM »

lol@ you blindly making assumptions about people you dont know.Your just projecting some made up image in your head on people.i dont care if sometrhings on the radio or not,if its hot its hot.But jay z is over rated as fuck and I like,many other people dont beleive the hype he created about himself and people bought into.jay z is the madonna of hip hop.

well for one, the fact that you use the word "overrated" frequently implies that your opinion on this subject isn't neutral. You aren't basing your opinion of Jay-Z off of his music, you are basing it off of other people's opinions, which is a terrible way to go about listening to music.

And I didn't make assumptions about people I don't know, I went off of what you said: people who listen to mainstream music aren't so-called hip hop heads, which is entirely incorrect. You can't be a hip hop head if you shun the mainstream.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2010, 09:23:15 AM »
Jome is to Jay Z as Now I Know is to Kobe Bryant.

Coming from the poster who named himself after Snoop Dogg?

I do think that regular hip hop fans know their shit better than the average G-spot poster.

YEAP  ;D But you never hear me say Snoops the greatest.  :-\

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2010, 09:49:34 AM »
Jome is to Jay Z as Now I Know is to Kobe Bryant.

Coming from the poster who named himself after Snoop Dogg?

YEAP  ;D But you never hear me say Snoops the greatest.  :-\

Say what you will, no one can ever denie Snoop his place in the top 10, no one can ever denie Snoop has had one of the greatest careers, had a great influence, and still is pulling strings like a don.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
How can you say jay hasnt influenced the game like he says he has?

He's your favourite rapper's favourite rapper. He is the biggest name in hip hop music. Every album this muthafucka has put out has gone gold.

saying he hasnt influenced the game is the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

Sikotic™

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2010, 02:27:16 PM »

Jay-Z's discography IS inconsistent. But damn near every rapper's is. Most of them don't have certified classics though.

Yep, he's got the best discography, but at 12 CD's deep, obviously not the most consistent discography, that title goes to Dre's 2 masterpieces.  :D

LOL @ Snoop.

I don't see how when 6 out of your 12 albums are considered listenable (and that's being generous) that it's the best discography out. That doesn't even make sense. You cannot have almost as many hits as misses and be considered in the top 5, man. It's not logical.

But I give the guy all the credit in the world in terms of marketing. Like Snoop, Jay has been able to follow the formula designed to get optimal album sales: a shitty album with hot singles.

And my opinion has nothing to do with bucking the mainstream media. I agree with a lot of things that in the media. Like I said in previous posts, I have felt Jay-Z was overrated since I was a little kid....and he was considered the hottest thing out back then. I just never bought the hype and to be honest, listening to his albums from beginning-to-end validates my point (which is something many of his die-hard supporters wouldn't do again).

I can't take anyone seriously when they say that 6 out of his 12 albums are only listenable, especially someone who claims to have gone through his discography. And I'm not the only one. Maybe that's just a case of you personally not liking Jay-Z. But 4 of his albums were hailed as great when they came out, almost all the rest were well-recieved and only 2 were received negatively. I smh at people who go back and underrate his music because they can't stand to agree with the mainstream crowd.

And again, no one seems to have responded to the fact that his discography is remarkably similar to Nas when it comes to quality.
LOL I can put up a screen shot of all my Jay-z albums on iTunes if you want me to. I have nothing against Jay-Z. I already said I respect the guy. I have nothing against main stream music either. If I had some sort of beef with mainstream music, I wouldn't of propped any of the people who I believe have a better discography than Jay (like Kanye).

Jigga is overrated, simple as that, and many people agree. I am glad to see that his marketing schemes have worked so well throughout his career that people feel he's the GOAT. That's a respectable accomplishment on Jay's part.

You keep bringing up GOAT when I haven't even said that. All I'm saying is that his discography is better than most rappers. Who the fuck has 3 classic albums?
3? More like 2.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »

He's your favourite rapper's favourite rapper. He is the biggest name in hip hop music. Every album this muthafucka has put out has gone gold.

seriously there's no point in even indulging the conversation, let the haters hate

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

ikke

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »

Jay released a mafioso rap album in 1996, yes that was unheard of back then.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »

Jay released a mafioso rap album in 1996, yes that was unheard of back then.

exactly he started the cocaine rap shit, didnt he?