Author Topic: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!  (Read 2693 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2010, 02:09:50 AM »
I like Nas way more than I like Jay-Z. But his discography is still as inconsistent as Jays.
So would you consider both of their discogs to be in the top 5?

Neither. I consider both their discographies to be above average and better than most rappers. They both have made a couple classics, several great albums, mostly good and a couple whack ones. That said, people seem to have forgotten that Jay-Z has put out a lot of great music. For some reason, when a rapper is mega-popular and gets a lot of love, there's a certain percentage of people who underrate them in response.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2010, 02:21:22 AM »
It seems to me theirs teh Jay hardcore fans who believe hes the goat and all his albums are either classic or dope,and then the rest of the people who just see him as better then average with an inconsistent discography that gets highly over rated.

It seems to me that 90% of people who know their hip hop will rank Jay at least in the top 10, and then there's the 10% remaining, denying any skills, classics, discography and influence.

These are often the people that puts up camel pictures, pulls Illuminati into the discussion, what Pac said, or they think Cam'ron is the best thing since cooked crack.. and some people just don't like him, fair enough.

It seems to me that 90% of those people who put Jay in their top 10 do it because everybody in the media told them to.

Jay is not in my top 10 in any category....well i guess he's in my top 10 overrated list. 

Best discog in Hip Hop?  Off top - Cube, Nas, Pac, Face, or if you want to get into groups - Outkast, PE, ATCQ, Gangstarr, De La, etc...i could keep going.

Nas doesn't have a better discography than Jay

yes he does

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2010, 02:26:13 AM »
It seems to me theirs teh Jay hardcore fans who believe hes the goat and all his albums are either classic or dope,and then the rest of the people who just see him as better then average with an inconsistent discography that gets highly over rated.

It seems to me that 90% of people who know their hip hop will rank Jay at least in the top 10, and then there's the 10% remaining, denying any skills, classics, discography and influence.

These are often the people that puts up camel pictures, pulls Illuminati into the discussion, what Pac said, or they think Cam'ron is the best thing since cooked crack.. and some people just don't like him, fair enough.

It seems to me that 90% of those people who put Jay in their top 10 do it because everybody in the media told them to.

Jay is not in my top 10 in any category....well i guess he's in my top 10 overrated list. 

Best discog in Hip Hop?  Off top - Cube, Nas, Pac, Face, or if you want to get into groups - Outkast, PE, ATCQ, Gangstarr, De La, etc...i could keep going.

yes he does

no he doesn't. Nastradamus and I Am were horrible albums.

Geesta

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2010, 02:31:26 AM »

yes he does

Jaydc

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
I liked I am as did most people.Vol 2 and kingdome come were trash.

ikke

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2010, 02:35:21 AM »
I disagree with "I Am" but either way Vol. 1 - 3, Dynasty & Kingdom Come are all horrible albums.

Sikotic™

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2010, 02:39:32 AM »
I'm done with this argument because Jay-Z fans are gettin too emotional with this dose of reality, but I'ma end on this: Jay's discog doesn't touch Nas's discog, and Nas has a pretty weak discography.

God bless and good night  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:10:36 AM by Sik Lashtistaberg »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2010, 02:56:13 AM »
Ok I want you cats talking about Jay's discog to list them shits.  What are yall considering classic / great / wack in there? 

Like you got the In My Lifetime albums.  Had some dope singles and outside of another dope track or two those 3 ALBUMS were garbage. The Dynasty album or whatever was garbage.  Blueprint was dope, black album had like 3 or 4 really dope songs, the rest was garbage - the songs wi/ Quik, Em, Neptunes, Kanye on paper all sound great but those songs were wack but people can't see it or admit because of those names. 

Just Blaze dropped some dope stuff on there, Rick Rubin and whoever else did the last track....but thats only like 4 songs outta what, 12?

Blueprint 2 = 2 more garbage albums

And American Gangster, BP3 and whatever other album he's released since has been garbage. 

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:58:34 AM by Jrome The Don Killuminati »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2010, 03:47:43 AM »
I disagree with "I Am" but either way Vol. 1 - 3, Dynasty & Kingdom Come are all horrible albums.

Vol 1-3 were dope, Kingdom Come shits on I Am or Nastradamus

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2010, 03:48:48 AM »
black album had like 3 or 4 really dope songs, the rest was garbage

Moment of Clarity, What More Can I Say, Threat, Encore, Dirt off Your Shoulder, Justify My Thug, Allure, Lucifer are garbage?  Your opinion is now void. Exit thread. The only weak song on that album was Change Clothes. I'd put the Black Album over The Blueprint. And I've never even paid attention to who produced what until now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:56:55 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2010, 03:50:42 AM »
I liked I am as did most people.Vol 2 and kingdome come were trash.

I Am had a couple classics, but it also has some of the worst songs Nas has ever done.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2010, 07:11:51 AM »
How can you say jay hasnt influenced the game like he says he has?

He's your favourite rapper's favourite rapper. He is the biggest name in hip hop music. Every album this muthafucka has put out has gone gold.

saying he hasnt influenced the game is the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

seriously there's no point in even indulging the conversation, let the haters hate

ikke

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2010, 07:17:17 AM »
How can you say jay hasnt influenced the game like he says he has?

He's your favourite rapper's favourite rapper. He is the biggest name in hip hop music. Every album this muthafucka has put out has gone gold.

saying he hasnt influenced the game is the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

seriously there's no point in even indulging the conversation, let the haters hate

Did you seriously think Jay-z Started the Cocaine rap?

Vol 1-3 were dope, Kingdom Come shits on I Am or Nastradamus
Allot of the hooks are lame as fuck, that ruins those albums.

But in the end it's all subjective...

Jaydc

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2010, 07:19:08 AM »
I love how not thinking jay z is the greatest is somehow construed as hate

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2010, 07:26:05 AM »
hey the fact is that KAIN is now enjoying and supporting Jay's music now.

SO ALL YOU SUCKAS CAN EAT A DIZZICK.

and maybe think about following cuz KAIN IS AN OG YA DIG?