Author Topic: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!  (Read 2692 times)

Sikotic™

Re: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
Snoop does have a horrible discography...........just like Jay-Z. M Dogg broke it down lovely album-by-album.

And Nastradamus may be worse than any Jay-Z album, but Illmatic is better than any Jay-Z album so it just cancels out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jaydc

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 09:40:19 PM »
reasonable doubt was good,vol 1-3 were all average,blueprint was classic,blueptrint 2 was  average,dynasty was good,black album was debatebly classic,kingdome come was below average,american gangster was good and blue print 3 was below average.

Now lets compare snoop.
 doggystyle was classic,doggfather was good,da game was trash,no limit top dogg was good,tha last meal was good,paid tha cost was average,r and g was below average,blue carpet was good,ego trippin was below average and malice in wonderland was below average.

Both artists are known for their singles and styles.Both artists have shallow lyrics that dont show any growth over their careers.

i dont knw about about you but thats pretty comparable to me.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 09:41:02 PM »
lol @ people comparing Jay-Z's discography to Snoops. Snoop has a horrible discography. Only one classic and a couple that are above average at best. The rest are trash. Jay-Z's discography is more similar to Nas. Either you are underrating Jay's music or overrated Nas's. Nastradamus is worse than any Jay-Z album.

TI? Lol. Come back when TI has released a couple classics. He doesn't even have one.

Is Jay-Z's discography Top 5? Fuck no. But it's better than most rappers. Face it, y'all are butthurt that he's become the biggest name in hip hop. Is he the greatest lyricist? Hell no. Nas is clearly the better lyricist. But as far as music goes, the consistency of their music is on the same level.

Jay and Snoop are exactly who has similar discography. They both have watered down their albums for the sake of having something out, in Jay's case every single Fall every year for 8 years, and for Snoop whenever he feels like it.

Snoop's Classic:
Doggystyle

Jay's Classic:
Blueprint

Snoop's best albums:
Doggfather
No Limit Top Dogg
The Last Meal
The Blue Carpet Treatment

Jay's best albums:
Reasonable Doubt
Vol. 2
The Black Album
American Gangsta
Blueprint 3

Snoop's average albums:
Paid the Cost to be the Bo$$
Malice and Wonderland

Jay's average albums:
Vol. 1
Vol. 3
Kingdom Come

Snoop's Trash:
The Game is to be Sold Not Told
R&G: Rhythm and Gangsta
Ego Trippin'

Jay's Trash:
Tha Dynasty
Blueprint 2

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
^haha dynasty was damn near classic my ninja, yell.

i doubt any of you guys have actually taken the time to listen to his whole discog to even comment.

i grew up listening to jay since vol.2 so he's a personal fav of mine, only album i didnt like of his was american gangster, those beats were trash, but luckily i stumbled upon Remot's remix album and that album is like a fucking classic now in my eyes, great production.

snoop has also had a great discog, but not as much great material or as consistent as jay.

everyone seems to hate on jay cuz they are either nas groupies or they have only heard this gen jay, yes jay got 'ethered' but look at where that dumb muthafucka nas is now. his laziness and stupid decisions ethered his career.

Jaydc

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »
Um no.I own most of jays albums.Ive seen him in concert a couple times.People just bought into this media created hype that hes somehow the greatest and his discography is flawless.He isnt and it isnt.Hes flawed and discography is inconsistent at best.He always gets credited for setting trends and all this shit.But take a step back from standom and what great trends did he create?What,people dont wear throwbacks anymore?The fact is when he came into the game the rap game was in a much better place and then he helped usher in the money rules bling era.His music is shallow and has no real depth.Sure ill throw on dirt on my shoulder and bob my head its a dope joint but thats as far as it goes.I always loved when jay gets criticised people bring up his do you fools listen to music or just skim through it line.Well guess what jay,people are listening and you have nothing noteworthy of being said.Jay is a great business man and has a penchant for making hit singles.He doesnt have the greatest bars,his flow isnt the best,his voice isnt the best and his content is repetitive.greatest rapper,not by a fucking longshot.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »
lol @ people comparing Jay-Z's discography to Snoops. Snoop has a horrible discography. Only one classic and a couple that are above average at best. The rest are trash. Jay-Z's discography is more similar to Nas. Either you are underrating Jay's music or overrated Nas's. Nastradamus is worse than any Jay-Z album.

TI? Lol. Come back when TI has released a couple classics. He doesn't even have one.

Is Jay-Z's discography Top 5? Fuck no. But it's better than most rappers. Face it, y'all are butthurt that he's become the biggest name in hip hop. Is he the greatest lyricist? Hell no. Nas is clearly the better lyricist. But as far as music goes, the consistency of their music is on the same level.

Jay and Snoop are exactly who has similar discography. They both have watered down their albums for the sake of having something out, in Jay's case every single Fall every year for 8 years, and for Snoop whenever he feels like it.

Snoop's Classic:
Doggystyle

Jay's Classic:
Blueprint

Snoop's best albums:
Doggfather
No Limit Top Dogg
The Last Meal
The Blue Carpet Treatment

Jay's best albums:
Reasonable Doubt
Vol. 2
The Black Album
American Gangsta
Blueprint 3

Snoop's average albums:
Paid the Cost to be the Bo$$
Malice and Wonderland

Jay's average albums:
Vol. 1
Vol. 3
Kingdom Come

Snoop's Trash:
The Game is to be Sold Not Told
R&G: Rhythm and Gangsta
Ego Trippin'

Jay's Trash:
Tha Dynasty
Blueprint 2

lol...that comparison isn't even close to correct. Looking at your ranking Jay-Z's "best albums" shit on Snoop's best albums. Jay-Z's "average" albums shit on Snoop's "average" albums. And smh at you thinking Blueprint 3 is better than Vol 1 or 2, or that Malice n Wonderland was anything better than terrible.

By the way, here's Nas for comparison using your ranking

Nas classic
Illmatic

Nas best
Stillmatic
Gods Son
It Was Written
Untitled

Nas average
Hip Hop is Dead
Street's Disciple

Nas trash
I Am
Nastradamus

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2010, 10:38:14 PM »
Um no.I own most of jays albums.Ive seen him in concert a couple times.People just bought into this media created hype that hes somehow the greatest and his discography is flawless.He isnt and it isnt.Hes flawed and discography is inconsistent at best.He always gets credited for setting trends and all this shit.But take a step back from standom and what great trends did he create?What,people dont wear throwbacks anymore?The fact is when he came into the game the rap game was in a much better place and then he helped usher in the money rules bling era.His music is shallow and has no real depth.Sure ill throw on dirt on my shoulder and bob my head its a dope joint but thats as far as it goes.I always loved when jay gets criticised people bring up his do you fools listen to music or just skim through it line.Well guess what jay,people are listening and you have nothing noteworthy of being said.Jay is a great business man and has a penchant for making hit singles.He doesnt have the greatest bars,his flow isnt the best,his voice isnt the best and his content is repetitive.greatest rapper,not by a fucking longshot.

Who said he's the greatest? I am simply saying his discography is better than most rappers when people are acting like its horrible. You think Nas is your hero but you forget he tried to go pop several times and failed miserably at it. Jay-Z is a pop rapper no doubt, but he's one of the best at making pop music. I don't understand how that's a bad thing when Biggie did the same thing and gets props for it. Oh right, he died  ::)

Jaydc

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2010, 10:43:15 PM »
Well Jome for one.And Nas is far from my hero their little guy.But ill take a great nas album over a great jay z album any time.And I always felt biggie was one of the most over rated rappers of all time.From a techincal stand point he was pretty much flawless,but his second album to me was mediocre and his content was lacking

Sikotic™

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2010, 10:51:36 PM »
Believe me, I've listened to every Jay album probably more closely than any of his fans. I've been trying to figure out the hype since I was a kid because back then I didn't understand how marketing and persona can work wonders for your hip-hop career.

I know deep down inside most people who are in their early-to-mid 20's like me are defending Jay's discography strictly out of nostalgia from their youth knowing damn well his discography is very inconsistent and nothing worth bragging about. I have no idea how that is even debatable unless you have some kind of emotional attachment to the music.

And whoever said Dynasty was almost a classic needs to seriously go back, listen to that album from beginning to end and then see if they still feel the same way afterwards.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »
Jay-Z's discography IS inconsistent. But damn near every rapper's is. Most of them don't have certified classics though.

Jome

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2010, 02:19:54 AM »
Jay-Z's discography IS inconsistent. But damn near every rapper's is. Most of them don't have certified classics though.

Yep, he's got the best discography, but at 12 CD's deep, obviously not the most consistent discography, that title goes to Dre's 2 masterpieces.  :D

LOL @ Snoop.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2010, 02:51:33 AM »
jay-z is the goat

ikke

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2010, 03:59:05 AM »
Jay has 4 albums that are fucking dope.

How many other rappers can you name, with more than 4 "fucking dope" albums?

Hell, any other genre for that matter.. it sure as hell ain't common.

Like I said, the discography is the entire picture.
If he has 4 dope albums and 8 wack pop albums means the discography is dope for 33% And like I said these albums get allot of their apeal from the beats.
Then Dr. Dre. 2 albums, both classic, that's a top 5 discography even though it consists of only 2 albums.

Other artists with more then 4 fucking dope albums:
Ice Cube
2Pac
Nas
Wu-Tang Clan (excluding Solo)
KRS-One
Kool G Rap
Rakim
Gang Starr
Cypress Hill
Ghostface Killah
Need I go on?

People just bought into this media created hype that hes somehow the greatest and his discography is flawless.
I've heard on several occasions that reasonable doubt wasn't called a classic untill people started promoting it as one.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:03:23 AM by ikke »

Jome

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2010, 07:10:46 AM »
Like I said, the discography is the entire picture.
If he has 4 dope albums and 8 wack pop albums means the discography is dope for 33% And like I said these albums get allot of their apeal from the beats.

Wack pop albums?

A commercial single or two, doesn't make it a pop album, neither does having r'n'b-singers on hooks.

The only REAL weak Jay-album, is Vol.1, and arguably Blueprint 2, but Blueprint 2.1 set the record straight, to me Blueprint 2.1 is the real Blueprint 2.
Sure, Vol 2 & 3, Kingdom Come, American Gangster & BP3 had its share of weak tracks and filler, but they're still solid albums.

I partly disagree with your list by the way, putting KRS, Kool G, Rakim, Cypress Hill & Ghostface on there is reaching, sounds to me like they're mentioned for their names only, or it's personal favorites.. might as well put Mobb Deep & M.O.P. there then, they've been more consistent than some of those.

PS-rant:
It's funny to see how people have been brainwashed into thinking that going against the "media darlings" and denying their skills/discography is cool and trendy, and will earn you cred-points with the so-called "underground heads".  :D

Raphael

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »
I strongly disagree, i can create a 2-3 disc album of horrible fucking songs from Jay-z that will make your ears bleed.

aint no nigger
can i get a whu whu or whatever its called
change the game
hola hovito
Run this town
Sunshine
etc..

Come to think of it, all of those songs were singles. He probably make these shit songs just to sell records = not GOAT. Wait a minute, what is this topic even about ???