Author Topic: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread  (Read 3256 times)

Jay_J

Re: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »
i think it is the best of 2010...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
Still on heavy rotation and it just passed the car test. Finally a Nas album with banging beats; and I'm not talking about some flashy or corny production just pure quality. Could be a potential classic, we'll see.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
Still on heavy rotation and it just passed the car test. Finally a Nas album with banging beats; and I'm not talking about some flashy or corny production just pure quality. Could be a potential classic, we'll see.

I agree with that. Nas has had poor beats in the majority for me on his last two albums at least (always killed it on the rhymes but the beats were lacking for me). Damien Marley behind the boards guaranteed this was always going to be a success. People forget how good he is as a producer, not just a solo artist.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »

then who does?

sell. Nas has several weak spots in his discography

Weakest might be a 7/10 and there are some excellent albums in there.  Not bad for pumping out 11 albums.

Nastradamus and I Am are well below 7/10. Not bad for sure, but not close to the greatest discography.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
1.yeah you gotta listen closely to him
2.different type of album
3.nas goin back to his older style IMO
4.did i get this right...that damian went first on each song?
5.NEVER THOUGHT THIS ALBUM WOULD BE RELEASED

http://www.distantrelatives.com/lyrics/all/distant_relatives-1#1

lyrics for all songs... does anyone else have troubles with Damian's accent?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2010, 08:20:29 PM »

then who does?

sell. Nas has several weak spots in his discography

Weakest might be a 7/10 and there are some excellent albums in there.  Not bad for pumping out 11 albums.

Nastradamus and I Am are well below 7/10. Not bad for sure, but not close to the greatest discography.

Just a couple names off top: Masta Ace, Ice Cube, Common, Talib Kweli, GZA, 2Pac...

Jaydc

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »
lol your on crack if you think those people have better discographys other then pac.common?your joking right?electric circus alone is worse then anything nas has ever done and i wont even being to decribe how horrible universal mind control was.Ice cube?war and peace were both mediocre,laugh now and cry later was below average and raw footage sucked.Talib has what like 3 or 4 albums lol and not one of them have been classic.Gza has one classic and some good albums but again hes nowhere near nas.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2010, 10:40:21 PM »
Common's discography is damn near impeccable. 

You don't like Electric Circus? What the hell is wrong your ears? Take away 3 tracks from UMC and it's Common being Common over different production.

Note:
I'm a Nas stan but people have slept criminally on Common and his career.  Additionally, the hate UMC & Electric Circus receive is damn near laughable.  People just mad at him cause he switches it up every now and then instead of churning out the same album.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2010, 10:44:29 PM »
cant sit thru a full common album but hes cool
thanx to premo....the game is a dope song but i cant get into alotta commons muzik
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
thanx to premo....the game is a dope song but i cant get into alotta commons muzik

Really?

I don't think his recent material, even BE, is up to par with his work with Dilla but very little of it has been bad or unlistenable.  My biggest issue might be a contradiction of content but beyond that he's more or less consistent.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2010, 10:50:45 PM »
yeah its his style....so im not gon say hes wack but i cant sit thru a whole cd of his cuz like you said its consistent and thats the muzik im not feelin
but i like THE GAME, and main reason i like it is cuz of the production...but his flow on that song is cool
guess its jus one of those artists you cant listen to alot...hes one of em for me

Really?

I don't think his recent material, even BE, is up to par with his work with Dilla but very little of it has been bad or unlistenable.  My biggest issue might be a contradiction of content but beyond that he's more or less consistent.
Cube

Blood$

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »

agree with this... and 2Pac, Nas, and Scarface have the best discographies period  8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »
lol your on crack if you think those people have better discographys other then pac.common?your joking right?electric circus alone is worse then anything nas has ever done and i wont even being to decribe how horrible universal mind control was.Ice cube?war and peace were both mediocre,laugh now and cry later was below average and raw footage sucked.Talib has what like 3 or 4 albums lol and not one of them have been classic.Gza has one classic and some good albums but again hes nowhere near nas.

Electric Circus was dope idiot. Universal Mind Control has been Common's only weak album and its >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nastradamus

Laugh Now Cry Later has been Cube's weakest album and its >>>>>>>>>> Nastradamus. Raw Footage was dope.

Black Star, Train of Thought not a classic? Fuck outta here. Be real, you don't even listen to Kweli. His discography shits on Nas's.

And GZA? "Some good albums"? Lol, another rapper you probably haven't even bothered checking for. Again, his discography shits on Nas's.

By the way all of those rapper's discographies are better than Pac's. I just added him because his is better than Nas's as well.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2010, 12:10:57 AM »
While waiting for Jome to split the thread.....

seems like people are sleeping on Talib Kweli. Check out his shit now. His discography is underrated and he doesn't have a weak spot anywhere.

More rappers with more solid discographies than Nas....Like another dude said, Scarface. J Live. Aceyalone. Ghostface Killah. Jeru the Damaja. Guru. Pharoahe Monche (only two solo though). Chuck D. Gift of Gab. I haven't even gotten into groups yet.

Nas is one of the greats no doubt, but stop overrating his discography like he hasn't made his equal share of pop trash. Like I said in that other thread, he's at the level of a Jay-Z when it comes to consistency.

Elano