Author Topic: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread  (Read 3261 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »
Nothing wrong with that Wayne verse, stop hating just because it's him.

people like you play out the word "hating"
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
^ It's true though. Ppl disliking this Wayne verse is downright sad and corny. Disliking Wayne when he comes GOOD is played out ::)

Wayne dropped a great verse on the song he appears on. He's on topic and speakin' on some real shit. Props to Wayne for that.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
This is probably like the 2nd or 3rd time I've used the word "hate" in my dubcc history, which is about 7 years long. Wayne did great; he didn't get out shined by Nas, he stayed on topic, keep it clean (no bitch, nigga, pussy), flowed with the beat....

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »
This is whack....  Some of the songs are way too long.  I thought one song was the last on the album cuz it was so long and I still had like 4 joints to go after it.

Knaan was the standout on all the tracks he was on.

Album did start out strong, about just after the half way mark I felt like fast forwarding tracks.

Some god-aweful hooks on here, even for Reggae.

Lil Wayne feature was funny, I tryed to find a reason but I couldn't hate on him, held it down on a type of beat I've never seen him do before...

Nas lyrics were dope, flow was str8, should release the pellas and have fans make their own remix projects...

Beats were average, nothing pushing the limits of a true Hip-Hop/Reggae fusion though..

Felt like Damian was just adding background vocals for Nas, didn't really stand out to me.. (Note: I don't listen to Reggae)

I do like the concept and ideas on this album, just weren't able to pull it off imo, to make it above standards.

I won't be listening to this after a week.

dude you are on point here. a lot of ppl who dont listen to reggae (but like to pretend that they have knowledge) are saying this album is great and i think its based on pure novelty of nas doing a record with a reggae artist. this album is very poor and i know in a month or two no-one is going to care. this happens with every nas album, hell even on 'untitled' i was super hyped for like a week and then i never listened to it again.

Back2Back

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »
Real dope album

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »
^ It's true though. Ppl disliking this Wayne verse is downright sad and corny. Disliking Wayne when he comes GOOD is played out ::)

Wayne dropped a great verse on the song he appears on. He's on topic and speakin' on some real shit. Props to Wayne for that.

Word, he dropped a real dope verse on that joint, I don't see how people can take that away from him. Stop with the blatant elitist hating

Jome

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »
I wouldn't call it "hating" when you just can't stand to listen to his voice.

Is it hating to close the window when some birds are whistling their asses off?
Is it elitist hating to close the door when your washing machine is doing the full 2000 rpm? Think not.

"Tribes At War" is the jam right now.  8)

Pretty sure they say "Tribal war" though.. also "Despair" and not "Dispear"?.. lol?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »
Lol I guess if you don't like his voice no matter how dope his verse is it aint gonna matter! :laugh:

if you weather that storm
Then that rain bring sun
Been a long time comin
I know change gone come
Man I gotta keep it movin to the beat of my drum
Last night I set the future at the feet of my son
But they thinkin that my generation gotta die young
lyrics courtesy of killerhiphop.com
If we all come together then they cant divide one
Don’t worry bout it just be about it
Got a message from god heaven too crowded
But I say hey young world you’ve never looked betta
And I heard change started with man in the mirror
This generation
I’mma represent
A generation led by a black president
Now hows that for change
Who knew that could change
I don’t even look at the flag the same
So when you finish readin revelations
Thank god for my generation

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2010, 03:17:33 AM »
This is whack....  Some of the songs are way too long.  I thought one song was the last on the album cuz it was so long and I still had like 4 joints to go after it.

Knaan was the standout on all the tracks he was on.

Album did start out strong, about just after the half way mark I felt like fast forwarding tracks.

Some god-aweful hooks on here, even for Reggae.

Lil Wayne feature was funny, I tryed to find a reason but I couldn't hate on him, held it down on a type of beat I've never seen him do before...

Nas lyrics were dope, flow was str8, should release the pellas and have fans make their own remix projects...

Beats were average, nothing pushing the limits of a true Hip-Hop/Reggae fusion though..

Felt like Damian was just adding background vocals for Nas, didn't really stand out to me.. (Note: I don't listen to Reggae)

I do like the concept and ideas on this album, just weren't able to pull it off imo, to make it above standards.

I won't be listening to this after a week.

dude you are on point here. a lot of ppl who dont listen to reggae (but like to pretend that they have knowledge) are saying this album is great and i think its based on pure novelty of nas doing a record with a reggae artist. this album is very poor and i know in a month or two no-one is going to care. this happens with every nas album, hell even on 'untitled' i was super hyped for like a week and then i never listened to it again.

Yeah, I feel you.  I take the "whack" label back, adding "generic".  I've heard good reggae, and I've heard good Hip-Hop.  If you take away the famous names on this project.... Just sayin'  Not hating on the subject content either, cuz I love these type of lyrics..  That's just how much I'm not feeling this...

Jome

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2010, 09:15:48 AM »
Last 5 posts split off into separate thread, let's keep it on topic..

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »
that Patience track is hella dope...i mean i never heard some shit like this...this crazy Voice...

overall the album is great...okay it maybe got no replay value but you cant hate on it cause its good music...the half of the album is perfect weed-smoke-music so for me many tracks are on heavy rotation  8)

lol @ all the guys who are hatin on Wayne...the funniest was the guy who said even Souljah Boy got more flow  ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2010, 08:42:51 PM »
Last 5 posts split off into separate thread, let's keep it on topic..

What are you talking about?  Mine was talking about the album being generic and overhyped, the one before me was lyrics from one of the songs on the album, lol.

Jome

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
And if you took a quick look above, you'd see that they're still there.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
And if you took a quick look above, you'd see that they're still there.

Oh I see what you did there...

In that case...  How long do you guys think it will be before we see a new Nas solo album...

Jaydc

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
i'll bring this thread back up in a month & i want you guys to honestly tell me if you're still listening to this.

Be honest, are you still listening to Pig Face Weapon Waist?

i haven't even heard that entire EP. :sshh:

you guys need a life; just because Nas is the Golden Boy & can't go wrong & they put together an album with a different sound, doesn't make it automatic sex on a plate.

i'm not saying you can't like it, i'm not trying to call it trash either, but i'll be impressed if you guys are still bumping it by the end of the month & haven't moved on to something else.

Elano, son. you've been banned seventeen times for having a retarded opinion on things & this website is your morning, afternoon & night; it's time to just admit that your nickname of "fail" is more than just a joke, it's a true reality of your life.

close minded ass people on this board; a brotha can't even express his opinion; smh. :grumpy:

??? how is crooked i in your top 10 and you haven't even listened to his debut months after it was released?

In what way is pigface his debut?its not an lp and not even his first ep ???

Anyway album is dope,Im a damian marley fan,welcome to jamrock was a solid album.