Author Topic: 2pac was supposed to be on the Murder Wase The Case soundtrack?  (Read 1392 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Was looking through ebay and saw this poster/advertisement listed for the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. It lists new songs from: and has 2Pac on the list:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Snoop-doggy-dogg-1994-poster-size-advert-/160430068032?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255a609140

Anyone know what the deal with this is (since he wasn't on the soundtrack)?

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 2pac was supposed to be on the Murder Wase The Case soundtrack?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:42:41 AM »
wow never heard about this before.

I saw in one interview... Big C-Style was saying that the original LBC Crew album morphed into murder was the case.

Then some say that it was originally going to be a Dogg Pound/Snoop album.

So I'm not sure exactly how 2Pac could fit into the fold. interesting...

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 11:52:38 AM »
I got the Murder Was The Case VHS, lol, and I think I remember at the end of the movie, in the credits, they list a couple Pac songs (can't remember which ones they were, though). Nothing unreleased. He was in the video for Natural Born Killaz.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
Yes, he was supposed 2 appear on tha soundtrack. 2Pac discussed this back in 1996. This was back in 1994, Suge asked 2Pac for some songs for tha Murder Was The Case soundtrack and I think 2Pac recorded 2 songs for that album. Suge gave him like $250,000 for tha songs and he didn't use them. 2Pac was cool with tha Death Row roster at that time. This may have been one of many attempts of Suge's to get 2Pac on Death Row.

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 01:49:54 PM »
Props. Was about to get this on DVD - maybe the old VHS was different, credits-wise?

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »
Yup Suge didnt use the songs, Pac was also in the Natural Born Killaz video.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »
Props. Was about to get this on DVD - maybe the old VHS was different, credits-wise?
IDK, I'd check my tape but I don't have a VCR anymore :laugh:

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »
Yes, he was supposed 2 appear on tha soundtrack. 2Pac discussed this back in 1996. This was back in 1994, Suge asked 2Pac for some songs for tha Murder Was The Case soundtrack and I think 2Pac recorded 2 songs for that album. Suge gave him like $250,000 for tha songs and he didn't use them. 2Pac was cool with tha Death Row roster at that time. This may have been one of many attempts of Suge's to get 2Pac on Death Row.

You will find that this was "Above The Rim" not "Murder Was Tha Case".

Those 2 songs for Above the Rim were Pain and Loyal to the Game, which both appeared on The B-Side of the single for Warren's Regulate.

Not sure what Murder Was The Case could have been?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 05:35:02 PM »
In his interview with Sway (the one included on "In His Own Words") Pac discusses the early relationship with Suge. Says Suge paid him the most he ever had received at the time for songs on the "Murder Was The Case" soundtrack. He may have mistaken it for Above The Rim but he says Murder Was The Case.

I believe Interscope was really pushing for that relationship to happen. Pac was getting in quite a bit of legal trouble and they knew David Kenner was keeping the Death Row guys out of prison. That combined with their established history when it came to making hit records at that time.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:55 PM »
Was looking through ebay and saw this poster/advertisement listed for the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. It lists new songs from: and has 2Pac on the list:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Snoop-doggy-dogg-1994-poster-size-advert-/160430068032?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255a609140

Anyone know what the deal with this is (since he wasn't on the soundtrack)?

High Til I Die
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »
wow never heard about this before.

I saw in one interview... Big C-Style was saying that the original LBC Crew album morphed into murder was the case.

Then some say that it was originally going to be a Dogg Pound/Snoop album.

So I'm not sure exactly how 2Pac could fit into the fold. interesting...

thats crazy   
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 01:11:14 AM »
we talked about the ad years ago... i also got a promo postcard for the OST and yea 2pac is listed. maybe suge wanted him on the album after he paid him for pain on ATR and they re cool at the time. 

Will_B

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »
Perhaps it was just wishful thinking then on Suge's part and he just stuck the name on there hoping it would happen.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »
Perhaps it was just wishful thinking then on Suge's part and he just stuck the name on there hoping it would happen.
I doubt that. You can't really advertise on wishful thinking.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 09:45:46 AM »
Let's remember those 2 songs 'Pain' and 'Loyal to the Game' appeared in rare pressings for the Above the Rim soundtrack (EP's, Singles, and if I'm correct the cassette version). So those songs were in some form used. 'Pain' even appeared in the movie. I think 2Pac may have recorded 2 other songs for Suge and he didn't use them at all. 2Pac was cool with everybody at Death Row at that time (in 1994). Suge was tryin 2 get him on the label at that time also.