Author Topic: VIDEO: Ice Cube "I Rep That West"  (Read 2088 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: VIDEO: Ice Cube "I Rep That West"
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »
Sick video. Song reminds me of Gangsta Nation. After watching this I like the song even more

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
good to see a well made video... cube stayin true as usual
i wouldn't say it's usual, when he's worked with Lil Jon + made songs such as I got my locs on

thats true well majority of the time he keeps it West...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »
i wouldn't say it's usual, when he's worked with Lil Jon + made songs such as I got my locs on

ehh...I think by staying true he means Cube staying true to his style, which is gangsta rap. And that's true, he always keeps it gangsta on records. Haven't heard an Ice Cube love song to this day unless it was something I missed. But as far as beats, the west coast sound has never been something Cube has stuck to. His first few albums were made with the Bomb Squad remember?

PLANT

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »
this videos dope as fuck, the songs a banger too 8)

westsiderider323

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »
sick  8) "ima play it on denker ima play it on western" yessir south central is where its at  8)

Westdog

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 06:22:58 AM »
Dope video!it's too westcoast! cube is the beast
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Mista Rosa

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
dope...fuck the new west....lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MR CALIFERO

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2010, 11:05:14 AM »
I JUST LIKE THE FACT THAT HE IS BRINGING ANGELINOS UP AND IN THE CROWNS GRASP,THATS WHERE OUR HAND BELONGS,SHIT THESE FUCKEN WACK ASS OFFCOASTERS GOT OUR YOUNGNS WEARING GAY CLOTHES AND WIERD HAIRSTYLES...GO GET SOME CHAKIIS AND SOME CORTEZ,KEEP IT WEST...

MR CALIFERO: BROWN HOUSE RECORDS ...I REP THAT WEST!!!!

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
Haven't bought a cd in a few years but that drought will be over

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »

ehh...I think by staying true he means Cube staying true to his style, which is gangsta rap. And that's true, he always keeps it gangsta on records. Haven't heard an Ice Cube love song to this day unless it was something I missed. But as far as beats, the west coast sound has never been something Cube has stuck to. His first few albums were made with the Bomb Squad remember?
^^^^that's some networth rapsodie people forget cube was on east coast production and made some of his dopest shit, plus he was rap'n like the beastie boys when he started and they ain't west, point is you ain't got to always be on no west coast style production to keep it west, if you from this bitch that shit gonna be in you regardless yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

MR CALIFERO

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 02:42:07 PM »

^^^^that's some networth rapsodie people forget cube was on east coast production and made some of his dopest shit, plus he was rap'n like the beastie boys when he started and they ain't west, point is you ain't got to always be on no west coast style production to keep it west, if you from this bitch that shit gonna be in you regardless yell
I GOTTA DISAGREE HOMEBOY HIS RECORD HE DID OUT THERE WAS ONLY CUZ OF THE BEEF HE WAS GOING THROUGH OVER HERE AND MUSIC POLITICS,LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WHEN HE CAME BACK HE WAS SERVING HEATERS AGAIN,MAN ITS FUNNY TO HEAR SOME POEPLE SAY YEAH MAN IVE BEEN HEARING CUBE SINCE WAY BACK...SHIT I WAS LISTENING TO CUBE AND LOOKING AT HIM IN COMPTON AT THE ROLLER RINK,ON SATURDAYS IN THE EARLY 80'S ...BUT REGARDLESS THE WEST IS WHAT GAVE GANGSTER A LOOK FOR ANYONE OUT THERE WHO THOUGHT BIENG A GANGSTER WAS ANYTHING ELSE....AND ICE CUBE REMAINS TO STAY TRUE TO HIS SOIL AT THE END OF THE DAY...

MR CALIFERO: BROWN HOUSE RECORDS ...I REP THAT WEST!!!!

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 07:20:58 PM »
I dont understand why some of you guys are suprised that Cube has made a fucking banger. You guys must be forgetting who the fuck Ice Cube is. This fool gave birth to the type of music this ENTIRE website is based on. Have some faith in the man.....He knows how to put together a good album.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »

yeah, but he was also saying he didn't rap for the pop charts & dissed the radio stations.
don't tell me he wasn't aiming for a certain commercial success at all, with the last two albums

The Cricket

• Lil Geezy
  • CEBUANO G FOREVER!
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:47 AM »
good fucking shit bro .. no body can fuck with ice cube hes still the best.

SMOKE IT UP MAYNE! SMOKE AND TOKE!