Author Topic: VIDEO: Ice Cube "I Rep That West"  (Read 2111 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: VIDEO: Ice Cube "I Rep That West"
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »
Dope vid. New anthem?

Mietek23

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
Sick video - can't wait for the album to drop 8)

westside159

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 02:47:30 AM »
cool

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 08:32:32 AM »
yeah he had some wack southern shit...but he also had dope shit like take me away & it takes a nation and other dope shit

well see tho....if he has any wack southern shit on here....and i pray no lil jon

good to see a well made video... cube stayin true as usual
i wouldn't say it's usual, when he's worked with Lil Jon + made songs such as I got my locs on

ehh...I think by staying true he means Cube staying true to his style, which is gangsta rap. And that's true, he always keeps it gangsta on records. Haven't heard an Ice Cube love song to this day unless it was something I missed. But as far as beats, the west coast sound has never been something Cube has stuck to. His first few albums were made with the Bomb Squad remember?
^^^^that's some networth rapsodie people forget cube was on east coast production and made some of his dopest shit, plus he was rap'n like the beastie boys when he started and they ain't west, point is you ain't got to always be on no west coast style production to keep it west, if you from this bitch that shit gonna be in you regardless yell
yeah, but he was also saying he didn't rap for the pop charts & dissed the radio stations.
don't tell me he wasn't aiming for a certain commercial success at all, with the last two albums
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
^oh yeah no doubt.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »
good to see a well made video... cube stayin true as usual
i wouldn't say it's usual, when he's worked with Lil Jon + made songs such as I got my locs on

ehh...I think by staying true he means Cube staying true to his style, which is gangsta rap. And that's true, he always keeps it gangsta on records. Haven't heard an Ice Cube love song to this day unless it was something I missed. But as far as beats, the west coast sound has never been something Cube has stuck to. His first few albums were made with the Bomb Squad remember?
^^^^that's some networth rapsodie people forget cube was on east coast production and made some of his dopest shit, plus he was rap'n like the beastie boys when he started and they ain't west, point is you ain't got to always be on no west coast style production to keep it west, if you from this bitch that shit gonna be in you regardless yell
yeah, but he was also saying he didn't rap for the pop charts & dissed the radio stations.
don't tell me he wasn't aiming for a certain commercial success at all, with the last two albums

hasn't he done that with all his albums though? Why would he put out a record that doesn't have a chance to sell? I think Cube has made a career of making songs that have a chance to be popular, but at the same time don't go against the gangsta image he has represented his whole career.

Westdog

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »
^yeah,no doubt. and it's no bad, it's good!--------------------------------------------------
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

MRFRANKNITTY

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »
IM GLAD I FUCCS WITH CUZZO!!
Youtube for y'all..not the best quality but better than nothing....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ar35rQzaYeQ&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ar35rQzaYeQ&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 10:38:15 PM »
I think when people say southern music that Cube does they mean more quality then anything else. Like when Cube works with southern artists like Scarface, Willie D, NO Joe, Mr Mike, etc, that equals near classic material. Jigg and say Lil Jon not so much lol.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »
I dunno Bomb Squads production on AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted was co-produced mostly with Sir Jinx and Ice Cube so it had that West Coast flavor.. definitely didn't sound like an actual Public Enemy record.. i think "amerikkas most wanted", "turn off the radio" and "endangered species" were the only east coast sounding tracks..

plus the actual distinctiveness between east and west coast sounds werent as big as they are now..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:15:17 PM by West Coast Veteran »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
I think when people say southern music that Cube does they mean more quality then anything else. Like when Cube works with southern artists like Scarface, Willie D, NO Joe, Mr Mike, etc, that equals near classic material. Jigg and say Lil Jon not so much lol.

No doubt. I was just pointing out that Cube having some southern beats on his last couple albums isn't selling out at all, they just weren't good records.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:59:42 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

doggfather

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2010, 01:04:45 AM »
He uses a littletbit of sotuhterntype, but less than other artist, don't U think?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2010, 01:10:22 AM »
YA'LL SOME FOOLS I SWEAR , CUBE BEEN ON SOUTHERN PRODUCTION SINCE BEFORE WESTSIDE CONNECTION .
AS A MATTER OF FACT THE FIRST WSC ALBUM HAD SUAVE PRODUCTION ON THERE BY T-MIX AND ARGUABLY WAS THE BEST BEAT ON
THERE . I SEE THIS SITE IS BIAS CUZ THIS VIDEO IS CORNY AS SHIT WITH RHINESTONE  CHUCKS AND SOMBREROS .
IWAS WAITING FOR THE THREE MUSKETEERS TO JUMP OUT . ALSO REN GOT ATIGHT VID WITH BALL AND MJG ON SOUTHSIDE SHIT .

what beat did T-Mix do on Bow Down? always thought it was Bud'da, Cube and Comrads that produced that album

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2010, 01:11:34 AM »

No doubt. I was just pointing out that Cube having some southern beats on his last couple albums isn't selling out at all, they just weren't good records.

Definitely and any of the southern artists he worked with early in his career it was not a problem. I think some people would rather just label it as going the southern route rather than ehh I don't like this track.

Paul

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2010, 05:58:37 AM »

I love Lil Jon but he shouldn't be on a Cube record.
funkyfreshintheflesh