Author Topic: Stat Quo Statlanta (2006-era leaks Featuring Eminem) & [2010 Babelgum Interview]  (Read 5694 times)

JohnnyL

I don't know, maybe it's just me but most of the time I don't mind Eminem production.  I didn't care for a lot of the beats he did for that 2pac album, but quite a few of the beats he's done for himself and his artists sound fine to me.  I won't say it's the greatest production ever, but some of y'all act like anytime you hear an Eminem produced beat, diarrhea literally leaks out of the holes in your speakers.  I think sometimes you guys get carried away.

**Btw**  +1 for adding the tag-free links, Action!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:17:18 AM by JohnnyL »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Stat Quo said on twitter that he didnt leak these songs and he's looking for the people who did. sounded pretty pissed off
he has an album coming, off course he leaked the songs

Matty

Stat Quo said on twitter that he didnt leak these songs and he's looking for the people who did. sounded pretty pissed off

:laugh: i like stat but you gotta laugh at dude if that is true. he was the one insisting, like really insisting, he would leak it all along. whoever leaked them better leak the rest of it!!!

JohnnyL

:laugh: i like stat but you gotta laugh at dude if that is true. he was the one insisting, like really insisting, he would leak it all along. whoever leaked them better leak the rest of it!!!

Lol.  I agree.  I want to hear the new "Statlanta" when it drops, but it would be a shame if no one ever got to hear the original version with all the high-profile contributors.  With these two recent leaks, does anyone know how many tracks that makes from the O.G. version that has leaked now?

Jaydc

Yeah i feel the same way,if you take off the 2pac album from his resume and hes got tons of dope shit.the work he did with 50,obie and d 12 are all great.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah i feel the same way,if you take off the 2pac album from his resume and hes got tons of dope shit.the work he did with 50,obie and d 12 are all great.

Word I reckon he's made some dope shit. And as for noone going to Em for beats? Nas "The Cross" and Jay "Moment Of Clarity", nuff said...

Yo Action, shot for these tracks, whats the word on the Statlanta that's actually dropping, these songs have got me interested in the kid again 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
On the front page there's the evolution of Statlanta.  The two leaks you've heard most likely won't be on this album because they're older demos from a different version of Statlanta (probably the second version when he recorded with Em) when he was singed to shady/aftermath.   According to Stat Quo the version we're getting is the 6th time he's made the album.  It's current release date is June 22nd, 2010 (same release date as Eminem's Recovery) via Sha Money XL's new label Dream Big Ventures.  

Statlanta Cover

The most recent track to be confirmed for Statlanta is Success (Back To U) - http://www.mediafire.com/?0inx3tynzon.  
You can watch the Success (Back To U) Video here: or

Ghetto (U.S.A) - http://www.mediafire.com/?mztydg3w2ny
You can watch the Ghetto (U.S.A) video here:

Then there was also What I Like (Freaky Girl) but I think this was from the 5th version of Statlanta (the formulaic top ten hit record, T-Pain style at that time):
What I Like (Freaky Girl) http://www.mediafire.com/?jimddjmjndj
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:33:48 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

kuruptlon

wow the first two tracks sound great (Ghetto, Success Back 2 U), thanks for the links.

JohnnyL

On the front page there's the evolution of Statlanta.  The two leaks you've heard most likely won't be on this album because they're older demos from a different version of Statlanta (probably the second version when he recorded with Em) when he was singed to shady/aftermath.   According to Stat Quo the version we're getting is the 6th time he's made the album.  It's current release date is June 22nd, 2010 (same release date as Eminem's Recovery) via Sha Money XL's new label Dream Big Ventures.  

Statlanta Cover

The most recent track to be confirmed for Statlanta is Success (Back To U) - http://www.mediafire.com/?0inx3tynzon.  
You can watch the Success (Back To U) Video here: or

Ghetto (U.S.A) - http://www.mediafire.com/?mztydg3w2ny
You can watch the Ghetto (U.S.A) video here:

Then there was also What I Like (Freaky Girl) but I think this was from the 5th version of Statlanta (the formulaic top ten hit record, T-Pain style at that time):
What I Like (Freaky Girl) http://www.mediafire.com/?jimddjmjndj

+1 for the info and the tracks, Action!  I also noticed in the thread about "Statlanta" in the Vault section people had posted links to, or discussed the tracks, G.R.I.T.S., Where Ya Folks At?, and Here We Go.  If possible could anyone hook any of these up?  I've never heard any of these. 

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wow the first two tracks sound great (Ghetto, Success Back 2 U), thanks for the links.

Word, I remember hearing Success awhile back, clean forgot about it though. Might actually cop this album, god knows I've been waiting on the different incarnations for a hell of a long time lol. Glad as fuck we aint getting that T Pain version though lol. Shot Action, if this actually drops when its meant to it'll be a miracle. Is there a proposed track listing/production line up? Sha Money's got dope beats so hopefully hes all over it

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No official track listing has been released.

Here's a collection of tracks meant for different versions of Statlanta. Included are,

G.R.I.T.S (Girls Raised In The South) (Dirty, Radio Edit, Instrumental)
Get Low (Dirty, Instrumental)
Here We Go (Dirty, Instrumental)
Like Dat (Dirty, Radio Edit, Instrumental, Acapella, Screwed)
My Ride (Double Bubble) (Ft. B.o.B) (Dirty, Instrumental)
Unstoppable (Dirty, Radio Edit, Instrumental)

http://www.multiupload.com/DVXKLIVSE3

The Where Y'all Folks At? song is the same as Where Y'all Hood At? song. I've never heard a non-tagged version so I haven't bothered with it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

JohnnyL

No official track listing has been released.

Here's a collection of tracks meant for different versions of Statlanta. Included are,

G.R.I.T.S (Girls Raised In The South) (Dirty, Radio Edit, Instrumental)
Get Low (Dirty, Instrumental)
Here We Go (Dirty, Instrumental)
Like Dat (Dirty, Radio Edit, Instrumental, Acapella, Screwed)
My Ride (Double Bubble) (Ft. B.o.B) (Dirty, Instrumental)
Unstoppable (Dirty, Radio Edit, Instrumental)

http://www.multiupload.com/DVXKLIVSE3

The Where Y'all Folks At? song is the same as Where Y'all Hood At? song. I've never heard a non-tagged version so I haven't bothered with it.

Thanks, a lot Action!  Really appreciate it.  +1.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
moment of clarity and the cross...y'all cant be serious LOL two beats? when were them two joints made man? And they were both for name recognition rather than for beat making skills imo. You're talking nas and jay-z who both wanted to collaborate with eminem too and it was nothing abnormal for eminem to have produced them two songs, which at best were both solid and again musically average at the best.

I mean really who is going for an eminem beat? AINT NOBODY going for an eminem beat unless you stupid or can afford his shit(if he aint givin his beats for free lol) just for his name in hope for some extra records sold but in the downloading age that dont even make sense. So really only people his affiliated with may have to burden a beat or two  but people in the hiphop game aint never coming to eminem to lace a track for a nigga lol...every producer pretty much in the game is better than him, so unless u want him for name, it makes much more sense to get someone who can make music to produce your shit and u know could potentially make a hit record. Name me five tracks eminem has produced for other artists which have become hits? and you cant mention d12 because thats with him and if u wish to mention his hits with d12, please do, i'll break them wack joints down in a second lol Dude aint musically aware or got funk within him naturally to make a hit. His shit is monotone and generic in its true form.

As for the swizz comparison, i compared him to swizz because it was a smart comparison in the sense swizz is not one of the greatest producers on the planet and gets alot of hate on here, but his critics are more unjust than eminems. Swizz has made some amazing records for other cats and does make hits. Only recently he made chris browns sorta comeback track in i can transform you. I aint saying thats an amazing track or anything, but that shows dudes versatility and music game to make hits for others.His work with cassidy is music solid. Dudes also funk and original at times as shown with busta in the past and some of his shit with dmx aint nobody got to tell you about. Like i said, i aint saying swizzy is great, not at all, but dude is more than solid as a producer and is recognised as a producer. He DOES get cats coming to him for tracks and studio time. NOBODY gon ask eminem for a beat lol. why would you past his name? lol Swizz beats is a producer. Eminem is a spitter who at times makes some solid shit for himself and yes he did produce some top stuff for himself in the past but as a producer, he'll be judged on making shit for others too and he really aint done shit for anyone else apart from some album fillers basically/decent joints. Joint that'll make the album but never get released. Damn even lil jon who fell off hard is ten times the producer eminem is. If eminem was a dope producer he would be in demand but he never will be.

BTW some people in here aint really musically aware at all. Some cats in here say timbaland and neptunes fell off...but when cats like neptunes were tearing shit up weekly with hits and amazing beats they werent diggin them then either so fuck them critics (because neptunes are one of the true great modern hiphop producers both for hits and influence) and now when they have slipped abit, they say they fell off now like they thought they were tearing beats up back in the dayy...oh and shit neptunes did with the likes of nelly and britney spears shits on pretty much 99% of eminems productions from a production angle...def not taste ofcourse unless u into that britney shit lol

Oh and that cv is solid with a few heaters on it which cham posted up but in comparison to other producers and if y'alll heard the type of shit they make, even a swizz beats, it gets shitted on. Dude aint musical at all when it comes to production, his style is horrible, rigid, monotone IMO.