Author Topic: Rampage Interview  (Read 67 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Rampage Interview
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/rampageinterview.htm

I2G chilled with Rampage for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new single, entitled Come On off his upcoming album, his label, Deep Freeze, his upcoming cartoon project, Flipmode and much more so check  it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Rampage how's it going?

What's going on my dude?

Not too much. You have been a little quiet since your last album. What have you been up to as far as new projects?

I am working on a new album, a cartoon, my label Deep Freeze Entertainment and all my new artists on the label.

Who are some of the new artists that you are working with for the label?

Pierre Cardan, man I am working with 5 artists right now. Rocky Tyrae, Lil Fame, Nicki Subs, Felony Musik, Bogetta, my dirty south artist, Napalm. I have alot of artists, the list is about to go on and on. They are all new and they are all very talented.

Do you have a title or a projected release date for your new album?

No, I do not have a release date as of yet, but I will be having a new single entitled Come On in the next couple of weeks. I am releasing my new album entitled The Leakage, produced by myself and Felony Musik.

I always been a big fan of Flipmode Squad over the years. What happened with the group?

Nah nothing fell apart or happened with us, and I am going to clear everything up with you. Everyone right now is doing their own thing. Busta wanted to do his own thing, Digga wanted to do her own thing, Spliff wanted to do his own thing and the same with myself and Sham.

We all doing solo albums. When you are together for years, it gets to the point that everyone is trying to do their own movement. But when the time presents itself, we will be together again doing what we do best. Right now we are all making moves.

That is good to hear. My favorite joint from you guys album wise is The Imperial. What is some good memories or some favorites tracks that you have from that album?

Undacover is one of my favorite joints, Line Outside, Cha Cha Cha. Recording the album was great, we were all together in the studio everyday putting in 200 million percent into it. We already knew what we were going to do sales wise pretty much so we decided while the iron was hot to drop a group album.

That way it gave everyone that we felt in the group that did not have or recieve the right shine, to get that. It was a good movement for all the group members.

We recently lost one of the greats in hip hop in Guru from Gangstarr. Do you have any good memories with him or a favorite Gangstarr track?

Guru was one of my closest friends. I like Take It Personal from him and Premier, that was one of my joints. DWYCK was also with Nice N Smooth. Guru had ALOT of classic moments man. May he rest in peace and Gangstarr is definitely real hip hop and was one of my favorite groups as I was growing up.

What are your thoughts right now on the state of hip hop? You have been in hip hop for over a decade. Where do you think it is headed?

I don't know where hip hop is headed but I know where I am headed. I am continuing the movement and this new hip hop is more for my children and they need to grow up to their own music. If they love it, I love it too. As far as the state of hip hop, it is not for my era, my era is the 94 era.

This era is more for my kids like I said earlier, but I respect how the game is moving right now because everything is a 360. Everyone is trying to chase the number 1 spot and I tell people just to get back to the music. Because the music will always come back full circle.

Absolutely. Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

I believe I have a show coming up on May 26th in Boston. I did a couple shows in Los Angeles recently and I am constantly moving man. Thanks to God because he has alot of things planned for me. I have a cartoon entitled The Black Caesar, produced by me and my partner Tommy Ruffin, we have a cartoon company. I am also putting alot of artists in my cartoons as well. They real good I will have to send you over the link.

Definitely. Do you have a release date set for the cartoon?

We are still in the production stages. But if anyone wants to reach out, www.twitter.com/therealrampage . People can hit me up there. Just follow me as a friend and any questions or comments I will hit you back directly.

Sounds good. Alright well that is all the questions I have for you. Appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

My new album, The Leakage, coming soon, produced by Felony Musik. Flipmode is still the squad, Deep Freeze is still the movement. And if ya hating on ya boy, fix ya face.

Appreciate your time

Thank you.