Author Topic: Jerry Heller's book is a great read!  (Read 1806 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Jerry Heller's book is a great read!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 04:04:40 AM »
lol, he does seem to have a personal animosity towards Ice Cube in particular. iI was probably the "you let a jew break up my crew" line. Cube basically destroyed Heller's entire image to the hip hop audience, whether deserved or not. Definitely a good read though.
I doubt it's that. I think Dre and Snoop made Jerry a much bigger punching bag than Cube did. It could be that Cube was still on it as recently as the last N.W.A. reunion with the "Fuck Jerry Heller and them white super-powers" line but I just get the vibe that the two really don't like one another. Heller really gives all the credit for N.W.A. to Dre and Eazy and quotes as Eazy as supposedly saying that "N.W.A. is me, Dre, and Jerry Heller. That's it!". I'd more agree with Doug Young's line when he found out Cube left, "How you gonna let the Nigga WITH the attitude leave Niggaz Wit Attitude?".

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 05:03:28 AM »
lol, he does seem to have a personal animosity towards Ice Cube in particular. iI was probably the "you let a jew break up my crew" line. Cube basically destroyed Heller's entire image to the hip hop audience, whether deserved or not. Definitely a good read though.
I doubt it's that. I think Dre and Snoop made Jerry a much bigger punching bag than Cube did. It could be that Cube was still on it as recently as the last N.W.A. reunion with the "Fuck Jerry Heller and them white super-powers" line but I just get the vibe that the two really don't like one another. Heller really gives all the credit for N.W.A. to Dre and Eazy and quotes as Eazy as supposedly saying that "N.W.A. is me, Dre, and Jerry Heller. That's it!". I'd more agree with Doug Young's line when he found out Cube left, "How you gonna let the Nigga WITH the attitude leave Niggaz Wit Attitude?".

Dre and Snoop went after Eazy, not Heller. He was only mentioned on the intro to the Chronic: "I don't love jerry". It was Cube who put the perception out there that Jerry Heller was ripping everyone off.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 05:05:20 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 10:31:20 AM »
Ro's books are entertaining but it's like tabloid TV. A lot of it is just sensationlized stories. The Heller book is a good read. He goes into Cube hard. He is actually very kind to Dre given the history (he pretty much calls him the most important part of N.W.A.) but he really doesn't have much nice to say about Cube or D.O.C. for that matter. He basically says that Eric and Cube's last meeting wasn't a legit burying of the hatchet and Eazy still didn't like Cube but wanted to have an N.W.A. reunion. If you're looking for a good counter-balance to Ronin Ro's Dre book, the one that Dre's former right-hand, Bruce Williams, wrote is pretty good. He details a lot of the Death Row drama and gives some very interesting insight into the problems at Aftermath as well as the real issues in the 50-Game beef. His critique of the Game is very interesting.
whats he have to say about game??

Muhfukka

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »

Dre and Snoop went after Eazy, not Heller. He was only mentioned on the intro to the Chronic: "I don't love jerry". It was Cube who put the perception out there that Jerry Heller was ripping everyone off.
watch the dre day video

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 01:17:26 PM »
To sum it up, he basically said he liked Game but he needed guidance when it came to drama. He said people like Busta Rhymes and Snoop had the wisdom to tell him he was being disrespectful but he wasn't much of a listener. He brings up a story where Snoop overheard him talking shit about Bow Wow and said Snoop put him in check in a very sort of respectful big brother way by saying, "Look, you my nigga and Bow Wow my nigga so you don't have to talk that way about dude". He also basically throws out the opinion that Game should have been more appreciative to 50 for giving him both of the hit singles he was saving for his album so that Game's shit could get off the ground. In the way I write it, it kind of sounds like he's dissing Game but Williams actually seems very complimentary in how it reads. 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »
none of us will REALLY KNOW WHAT THA FUCK HAPPENED until MC Ren, Dr. Dre, or Ice Cube comes out with a book.  Same thing with DeathRow Records, NONE OF US WILL EVER KNOW UNLESS DRE, DAZ, KURUPT or SNOOP comes out with a book EXPLAINING (in detail) about what happened.  

everybody else's shit WILL BE speculation, biasness, 3rd & 4th party accounts without the actual blacknwhite papers, and disses about what happened.  who knows, maybe Dre really did get paid what he was supposed to from The Chronic and Straight Outta Compton and just didn't appreciate his cut bcuz of how it blew up so he bounced, same with Cube and NWA, surely Daz would've left earlier if it was all that serious at DeathRow.  u never know, it's really just all hype and bitterness.  And honestly for the record I just don't trust Suge.  If he came out with a book about DeathRow u know he would throw some hype and some exaggerations in there, not to say that they won't but I think their words would be a little more credible with Snoopy being at the bottom of the list and Dre being on top.

maybe Heller thought he was doing the right thing but just didn't really realize what he was doing.  u can't blame ignorance or misunderstandings or something that wasn't intentional.  now i'm not defending Jerry Heller bcuz like I said NONE OF US ACTUALLY KNOW (similar stories things can be said about Suge, Snoop thanked him in a recent interview) but most people when they read don't think with a 2-step mind, it's all 1-step mixed with a little gullableness and not actually knowing what tha fuck happened.  Who knows, maybe Heller called Cube a nigger and Cube bounced.  Maybe Heller got too comfortable with the word and Cube wasn't really feelin it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:31:25 PM by Budd SmokeWellz »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

watch the dre day video

you watch it. No one would have known who the fat guy was if it wasn't for Cube.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »
Whoever mentioned "Rollin With Dre" thats a good read for sure. I'm gonna have to look into that Russel Simmons book, be interesting to hear his stories

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »
To sum it up, he basically said he liked Game but he needed guidance when it came to drama. He said people like Busta Rhymes and Snoop had the wisdom to tell him he was being disrespectful but he wasn't much of a listener. He brings up a story where Snoop overheard him talking shit about Bow Wow and said Snoop put him in check in a very sort of respectful big brother way by saying, "Look, you my nigga and Bow Wow my nigga so you don't have to talk that way about dude". He also basically throws out the opinion that Game should have been more appreciative to 50 for giving him both of the hit singles he was saving for his album so that Game's shit could get off the ground. In the way I write it, it kind of sounds like he's dissing Game but Williams actually seems very complimentary in how it reads. 

hmm that bow wow story seems fishy as hell considering many facts im 99% sure that its bullshit

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 02:15:06 AM »
The book was interesting no doubt.  However, it was rather biased against Cube leaving the group and "ruining" the Black Beatles.
yeah a bit, but he did back up a lot of things regarding Cube

it's mainly Ice Cube, all that devil shit came from him, he's been talking shit for years
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 02:18:26 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 02:25:52 AM »
any chance of uppin a few pages of this anyone to peep it before i rush out and buy anything?

The Predator

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 06:03:24 AM »
Yep, can someone hook up a scan of the book? props.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »
Amazons usually got random pages scanned that you can read, probably be your best bet?

It's definitely a worthwhle read though, I finished it in a couple days, keep you reading

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:09 PM »
It's a good book.... its always nice to hear the other persons side of the story and that's pretty much just what it is. Say what you will about him but he's the kind of manager you want to have on your side.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 11:12:09 PM »
none of us will REALLY KNOW WHAT THA FUCK HAPPENED until MC Ren, Dr. Dre, or Ice Cube comes out with a book.  Same thing with DeathRow Records, NONE OF US WILL EVER KNOW UNLESS DRE, DAZ, KURUPT or SNOOP comes out with a book EXPLAINING (in detail) about what happened. 

everybody else's shit WILL BE speculation, biasness, 3rd & 4th party accounts without the actual blacknwhite papers, and disses about what happened.  who knows, maybe Dre really did get paid what he was supposed to from The Chronic and Straight Outta Compton and just didn't appreciate his cut bcuz of how it blew up so he bounced, same with Cube and NWA, surely Daz would've left earlier if it was all that serious at DeathRow.  u never know, it's really just all hype and bitterness.  And honestly for the record I just don't trust Suge.  If he came out with a book about DeathRow u know he would throw some hype and some exaggerations in there, not to say that they won't but I think their words would be a little more credible with Snoopy being at the bottom of the list and Dre being on top.

maybe Heller thought he was doing the right thing but just didn't really realize what he was doing.  u can't blame ignorance or misunderstandings or something that wasn't intentional.  now i'm not defending Jerry Heller bcuz like I said NONE OF US ACTUALLY KNOW (similar stories things can be said about Suge, Snoop thanked him in a recent interview) but most people when they read don't think with a 2-step mind, it's all 1-step mixed with a little gullableness and not actually knowing what tha fuck happened.  Who knows, maybe Heller called Cube a nigger and Cube bounced.  Maybe Heller got too comfortable with the word and Cube wasn't really feelin it.

LMAO...daz coming out with a book, now that would be pure comedy.  I would definitely read that!