Author Topic: Was Dr. Dre involved in Eminem's (feat. Jay-Z/Royce Da 5 9) ''Renegade''?  (Read 1470 times)

Prof@ssor

I have the Lose Yourself CD single laying somewhere and though I can't find it, I remember Eminem was credited as the producer.

What about the original version featuring Royce Da 5 9? Was Dre involved in the mixing/producing of any of the versions?

I guess even if it's a yes it's ''50 Cent Get Up'' yes lol...anyways for anybody who missed it: the FULL instrumental and original in 192kps:

Eminem & Royce Da 5'9'' - Renegade.mp3 - 7.1 Mb

Instrumental - JayZ - Renegade.mp3 - 7.8 Mb

Matty

does sound a lot better than your average eminem beat....the instrumentation actually seems to connect and make sense, whereas most eminem beats things sound out of place and uncomfortable, call it his style or whatever.

Lucifuge

this is one of eminem beast beats..this Jigga version  8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
Dre wasnt invovled.  DJ Head, Eminem's old DJ was involved in the production but didnt recieve any credit
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:06:54 PM by Cross Em Out »

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Dre wasnt invovled.  DJ Head, Eminem's old DJ was involved in the production but didnt recieve any credit

no, but Richard Huredia was http://www.discogs.com/Eminem--Jay-Z-Lose-Yourself-Renegade/release/240892
what's w/ the remix?  ??? does that mean he was the guy who mixed in Jay's verses & mixed out Royces?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:13:30 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
does sound a lot better than your average eminem beat....the instrumentation actually seems to connect and make sense, whereas most eminem beats things sound out of place and uncomfortable, call it his style or whatever.

This sounds like alot of Slim's productions, the only difference is the bassline.  Em's basslines have always been week and it's obvious he didn't create this one..  It really makes the beat..

Also, alot of Em's productions were assisted by the Bass Brothers aka Funky Bass Team (F.B.T.) 

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.B.T._production_discography

They did however, have no part in Renegade, and DJ Head instead assisted in this the production on this one.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Em's beats with FBT/DJ Head involvement were always on point
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Jaydc

FBT for the win.Em needs to have the bass brothers on recovery.His best songs have always been over their beats,their creative guys and em always takes it to the next level on their beats.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Yeah, they only collaborated on Beautiful on Relapse (which was my fav track).  I hope with Em outsourcing this time for production, the few production he did do himself he was able to bring them in for supplement.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I always tell myself I'm going to stay out of these stupid threads and I always get sucked in them because no one ever seems to listen.

DRE DRE DOES NOT COMPOSE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and neither does Eminem. Every one of their bass lines that you guys love or hate so much are either samples or created by, get this, a bass player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Chronic, Dre either took straight from P Funk songs or later told his musicians to play songs that sound like them and I'll pick the best ones. For 2001 he stole 2 songs with the same style and told his musicians to make up shit that sounds like them.

The actual production of Eminem and Dr Dre is almost identical. Eminem once he started producing alone was only mimicking Dre's mixing style and approach. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THE NOTES PLAYED OR THE MELODY! It means the texture of the sound. The same way two films can look the same picture wise but be completely different in content and in shots. Listen to the production of the SSLP by Em and the Bass Brothers and then listen to Em's production after wards. I'm not talking about the melodies. I'm talking about the actual production. The texture of the sound. It's completely different. For example I Just Don't Give a Fuck and My Name Is have different production. I Just Don't Give a Fuck and If I Had have the same style of production, despite having completely different musical styles. While on Em Show Business and With Out Me have the exact same production style despite one being Dre and one being Em and Bass.

Oh fuck it. I'll never get through to some people. Dr Dre is a musical genius who sits at home and writes symphonies on pen and paper with music notation and then conducts his musicians on how to play it and Eminem couldn't ever dream of doing so.

The Bass line of Renegade sounds different than most bass lines by Em because it is either taken from another song and replayed and it was so good Em wanted it, or Em's bass player played it and Em heard it and said we have to use that. It has nothing to do with Eminem or Dr Dre creating a bass line, or DJ fucking HEAD!

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
I always tell myself I'm going to stay out of these stupid threads and I always get sucked in them because no one ever seems to listen.

DRE DRE DOES NOT COMPOSE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and neither does Eminem. Every one of their bass lines that you guys love or hate so much are either samples or created by, get this, a bass player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Chronic, Dre either took straight from P Funk songs or later told his musicians to play songs that sound like them and I'll pick the best ones. For 2001 he stole 2 songs with the same style and told his musicians to make up shit that sounds like them.

The actual production of Eminem and Dr Dre is almost identical. Eminem once he started producing alone was only mimicking Dre's mixing style and approach. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THE NOTES PLAYED OR THE MELODY! It means the texture of the sound. The same way two films can look the same picture wise but be completely different in content and in shots. Listen to the production of the SSLP by Em and the Bass Brothers and then listen to Em's production after wards. I'm not talking about the melodies. I'm talking about the actual production. The texture of the sound. It's completely different. For example I Just Don't Give a Fuck and My Name Is have different production. I Just Don't Give a Fuck and If I Had have the same style of production, despite having completely different musical styles. While on Em Show Business and With Out Me have the exact same production style despite one being Dre and one being Em and Bass.

Oh fuck it. I'll never get through to some people. Dr Dre is a musical genius who sits at home and writes symphonies on pen and paper with music notation and then conducts his musicians on how to play it and Eminem couldn't ever dream of doing so.

The Bass line of Renegade sounds different than most bass lines by Em because it is either taken from another song and replayed and it was so good Em wanted it, or Em's bass player played it and Em heard it and said we have to use that. It has nothing to do with Eminem or Dr Dre creating a bass line, or DJ fucking HEAD!

Nobody in this thread implied that Dre or Eminem composed thier own music so I dont understand why you felt the need to rant. DJ Head was involved on the production. Eminem himself said that DJ head used to program the drums becuase Eminem didnt know how to use the MPC when he first started producing

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Nobody in this thread implied that Dre or Eminem composed thier own music so I dont understand why you felt the need to rant. DJ Head was involved on the production. Eminem himself said that DJ head used to program the drums becuase Eminem didnt know how to use the MPC when he first started producing

You sir clearly know what the word producer means and thus my rant was not aimed at you.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I think to anyone who knows about dre production and his career aswell as eminem should know that they dont compose the music on paper. 

But while the style of production eminem and dre use are similar, it doesnt mean they are of the same class. I dont know if you know shit about soccer/football but if you compare ricardo quaresma and cristiano ronaldo, they're both very skillfull players with similar backgrounds who do alot of the shit the same way. They both like to dribble, do step overs etc, but one player is amazing and the other is pretty shitty.

Thats the story with dre and eminem. Eminem being the shitty producer and dre being the amazing one. I dont see anyone calling dre a composer or a genius of composing music, but as a music producer he is a genius and his track record proves it. I think most of the music industry would agree about that too. Whether someone likes him or not, thats kinda subjective but speaking objectively, anyone trying to tell me dre aint a genius music producer i aint listening too because he has done MORE than enough to prove that. Eminem on the other hand, is just another shitty producer and i wouldnt argue with that with anyone.

I dont think i heard anyone speak of dre composing music in here. Also on a side note, there are producers out there who compose there own music too, whether shitty or not but they do. Dre however being the producer of his shit, does lead the sound in which the music is going. He will tell them of the sound etc he wants from his musicians, and then put it together sort of thing.  I dont think i really need to be telling you this.

But yeh, dre aint a composer and is not amazing on any musical instruments i dont think! But as a producer, he is fuckin good lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I think to anyone who knows about dre production and his career aswell as eminem should know that they dont compose the music on paper. 

But while the style of production eminem and dre use are similar, it doesnt mean they are of the same class. I dont know if you know shit about soccer/football but if you compare ricardo quaresma and cristiano ronaldo, they're both very skillfull players with similar backgrounds who do alot of the shit the same way. They both like to dribble, do step overs etc, but one player is amazing and the other is pretty shitty.

Thats the story with dre and eminem. Eminem being the shitty producer and dre being the amazing one. I dont see anyone calling dre a composer or a genius of composing music, but as a music producer he is a genius and his track record proves it. I think most of the music industry would agree about that too. Whether someone likes him or not, thats kinda subjective but speaking objectively, anyone trying to tell me dre aint a genius music producer i aint listening too because he has done MORE than enough to prove that. Eminem on the other hand, is just another shitty producer and i wouldnt argue with that with anyone.

I dont think i heard anyone speak of dre composing music in here. Also on a side note, there are producers out there who compose there own music too, whether shitty or not but they do. Dre however being the producer of his shit, does lead the sound in which the music is going. He will tell them of the sound etc he wants from his musicians, and then put it together sort of thing.  I dont think i really need to be telling you this.

But yeh, dre aint a composer and is not amazing on any musical instruments i dont think! But as a producer, he is fuckin good lol

I never said they were in the same class as producers. Em is the copycat, Dre is the original. Dre has a better ear in his best days, but he can get very repetitive and boring at times, specifically wit those loads of obvious 2001 leftovers he used for other artists in the early 2000s. Nothing about about Business is any better than With Out Me. And in general most of what Dre did ten years ago isn't aging well. I'd compare the second wave of the Dre beats in 99 to 2001 to the Spiderman movie that came out in 2002. Now the beats that made the first half of the 2001 album stand up pretty will. The second half not as much, and the leftovers that ended up on other albums fall short.

Now the Eminem stuff sounds more dated because of his rapping. His style of comedy had a shock factor to it that has faded, but the beats as well have too. I'd argue that the Bass stuff from the SSLP stand up better than the later hits from the next two albums. The Dre stuff off falls very short. My Name Is stands tall but that whole thing is completely lifted from melody to production style. Dre did absolutely nothing with it. It sounds like a straight sample from frooty loops.

In the end Dre isa great pop producer from the streets. In the early 90s he turned George Clinton music into an easy listen and with 2001 he just took The Edge by David McCallum and turned it into an album. He's the David Foster, Quincy Jones, or Mutt Lange of Gangsta Rap, but he'll never be Phil Spector or the original George Clinton. Eminem is about as respected as a producer by me as Jimmy Iovine is.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Almost every typical Hip-Hop song's bass is a sample of another song that has been low-passed..  Of course Em's style sounds like Dre's..  They worked closely together for years and no doubt Dre taught him alot and had alot of influence on his style..  Certain elements of "Eminem productions" are thanks to DJ Head, Bass Bros, and Dr. Dre.  Especially the mixing...  It's the same as when you start rapping and your style is very similar to lots of the rappers  you actually listen to...

I don't see your beef here..