Author Topic: Still tha same ol' shit....  (Read 754 times)

Pillow

Still tha same ol' shit....
« on: December 08, 2002, 08:38:47 PM »
damn, overseer deleted this forum cause of all the hate on differnt religions and america, then brought back cause yall said u wernt gonna do that shit no more, but still goin on, 99% of tha threads are either anti america or sometin havin to do with a religion and why that person dont like it. lets stop this shit yall.....

EM28

Re:Still tha same ol' shit....
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 08:48:31 PM »
damn, overseer deleted this forum cause of all the hate on differnt religions and america, then brought back cause yall said u wernt gonna do that shit no more, but still goin on, 99% of tha threads are either anti america or sometin havin to do with a religion and why that person dont like it. lets stop this shit yall.....

I agree this shit has to stop

budsmokeronly

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 10:07:41 PM »
fuck that

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 02:34:22 AM »

I think everybody just needs to quit crying.  I mean, I think what America is doing is wrong, and I think Islam is the best religion.  So what am I supposed to say?  We can't all agree.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2002, 02:40:43 AM »
We can find middle ground.

For example... one bone of contention ;)

I think Islam is the best religion.  So what am I supposed to say?  We can't all agree.

Islam is the best religion For you. Just like Mormon-ism (lol) is the best for Trauma.

It doesn't mean ones better or worse overall... although i'm sure you'd disagree.

Pillow

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2002, 10:01:57 PM »
^^ yea exactly, like christianity is tha best religion for me. and its coo infinite for islam to be tha best for religion for u, i aint got no problem with that at all. its jus that u bash on other religions constantly. i have seen u bash christianity multiple times, thats tha thing i dont like....

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2002, 10:31:59 PM »
This is like the only decent post in weeks.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2002, 01:58:45 AM »
what is the correct word to replace 'mormon-ism' hehe mormite?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2002, 02:02:30 AM by h2o-verseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2002, 02:24:07 AM »
lol Well; "Mormonism" is actually correct; however, it's received a lot of stigmatism over the years, people associate it with Polygamy, etc. so nowadays, must of us liberated mormon folk don't even use the word mormon.  We just call members saints, or Latter Day Saints.  In your example though, I guess "Mormonism" would be the best choice, but I'd probably just say "Christianity" and not differentiate between sects (Like presbyterians wouldn't say "Presbyterianism is the best choice for me" or anything like that).  Peace~

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2002, 02:33:06 AM »
hehe ok... i'mma call u a mormite :)

it's received a lot of stigmatism over the years, people associate it with Polygamy, etc.

Damn sounds like a good idea to me... still practised anywhere? lol j/p

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2002, 02:55:01 AM »
LOL, yeah, actually, it is.  When the mormons first moved west, a ton died on the walk... they pushed handcarts across the plains, in the dead of winter.  One company had like 80% die on the trek.  Well, anyways, they went through a lot of crap, and when they got to Utah, there were a ton of women with no husbands.  Several men ended up marrying the women (since it was sinful to have a woman who wasn't your relative live with you), basically to take care of them.  The prophet at the time, Brigham Young, was married to tons of women, mainly because he had a ton of money.  Well, anyways, in order for Utah to become a U.S. state, it had to agree to the laws of the united states, one being that Polygamy was against the law.  Mormons always believe in following the law of the land, as well as the law of the lord, so the prophet deemed that the time had come to no longer allow Polygamy in the church.  

Well, several members (a rather large percentage) got pretty mad about that, and split with the church.  Some still live in the hills of Utah, practicing Polygamy to this date... they've pretty much perverted the whole idea, and that's where people get the idea of Mormons as sexual deviants with 10 wives, and all that crap.  We're smart men, though, LOL Knowledge will always win,

I still haven't figured out why all the hate, ESPECIALLY from other christians.  They bash us nonstop for that part of our history, even though the bible's filled with people who were polygamists, some approved by god, and some not.  The book of Mormon even condemns it... You wanna read about people being persecuted, save the american indians, I don't know that there's been ANYBODY persecuted quite this bad in america since conception.  The friekin' president of the United States even sent an army to Utah to burn our temple down, and kill the Prophet.  Lots of crap went down, it's pretty interesting read, if you ever get free time.  

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2002, 04:18:13 AM »
what is the correct word to replace 'mormon-ism' hehe mormite?

Mormonator  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2002, 04:20:09 AM »
lol

All the mormon names rock.  You have

Mormon
Moroni (his son)
Nephi
Lehi
Laman
Ester
Alma

list goes on and on and on

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2002, 12:04:23 PM »
when america stops fuckin around, we'll stop complaining about it
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

EM28

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2002, 03:13:11 PM »
when america stops fuckin around, we'll stop complaining about it

what's your complaining going to do, make you all feel better