Author Topic: Nas discography discussion  (Read 479 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Nas discography discussion
« on: May 15, 2010, 03:42:47 AM »
dude you are on point here. a lot of ppl who dont listen to reggae (but like to pretend that they have knowledge) are saying this album is great and i think its based on pure novelty of nas doing a record with a reggae artist. this album is very poor and i know in a month or two no-one is going to care. this happens with every nas album, hell even on 'untitled' i was super hyped for like a week and then i never listened to it again.

don't expect people to take you seriously then. Untitled was one of Nas's best albums.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:14:00 AM by Jome »

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:20:01 AM »
yeh it was one of nas best albums i agree, but that doesnt say much since dude only has a few good albums, the rest range from ok to awful. untitled is not even as good as i am.

for being such a great mc, nas makes terrible albums and picks awful beats.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:59:10 AM »
yeh it was one of nas best albums i agree, but that doesnt say much since dude only has a few good albums, the rest range from ok to awful. untitled is not even as good as i am.

lmao....Untitled shits on I Am. And I loved the beats on Untitled.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 05:37:03 AM »

l"lmao" all u want man but its not a stupid opinion to have, i dont really see why thats funny.  untitled was full of shit songs and beats and failed massively in its concept. i doubt you will find many people to agree with you on it being better than i am but w/e

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 07:47:24 AM »
This is whack....  Some of the songs are way too long.  I thought one song was the last on the album cuz it was so long and I still had like 4 joints to go after it.

Knaan was the standout on all the tracks he was on.

Album did start out strong, about just after the half way mark I felt like fast forwarding tracks.

Some god-aweful hooks on here, even for Reggae.

Lil Wayne feature was funny, I tryed to find a reason but I couldn't hate on him, held it down on a type of beat I've never seen him do before...

Nas lyrics were dope, flow was str8, should release the pellas and have fans make their own remix projects...

Beats were average, nothing pushing the limits of a true Hip-Hop/Reggae fusion though..

Felt like Damian was just adding background vocals for Nas, didn't really stand out to me.. (Note: I don't listen to Reggae)

I do like the concept and ideas on this album, just weren't able to pull it off imo, to make it above standards.

I won't be listening to this after a week.

dude you are on point here. a lot of ppl who dont listen to reggae (but like to pretend that they have knowledge) are saying this album is great and i think its based on pure novelty of nas doing a record with a reggae artist. this album is very poor and i know in a month or two no-one is going to care. this happens with every nas album, hell even on 'untitled' i was super hyped for like a week and then i never listened to it again.

so now we've come to the root of your thoughts, you think Nas is wack, so why are you wasting your time listening to this album to begin with?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 08:21:26 AM »
This is whack....  Some of the songs are way too long.  I thought one song was the last on the album cuz it was so long and I still had like 4 joints to go after it.

Knaan was the standout on all the tracks he was on.

Album did start out strong, about just after the half way mark I felt like fast forwarding tracks.

Some god-aweful hooks on here, even for Reggae.

Lil Wayne feature was funny, I tryed to find a reason but I couldn't hate on him, held it down on a type of beat I've never seen him do before...

Nas lyrics were dope, flow was str8, should release the pellas and have fans make their own remix projects...

Beats were average, nothing pushing the limits of a true Hip-Hop/Reggae fusion though..

Felt like Damian was just adding background vocals for Nas, didn't really stand out to me.. (Note: I don't listen to Reggae)

I do like the concept and ideas on this album, just weren't able to pull it off imo, to make it above standards.

I won't be listening to this after a week.

so now we've come to the root of your thoughts, you think Nas is wack, so why are you wasting your time listening to this album to begin with?

why would i be super hyped for an album from someone i think is wack? i never said that. infact if u read what i said you would see that i like some of nas albums, im just able to jump off his dick for a second and admit half his albums suck.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:45:48 PM »

l"lmao" all u want man but its not a stupid opinion to have, i dont really see why thats funny.  untitled was full of shit songs and beats and failed massively in its concept. i doubt you will find many people to agree with you on it being better than i am but w/e

Name the shit songs off of Untitled, cause I didn't find one. These are shit songs:

Sikotic™

Re: Nas discography discussion
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »
I thought Untitled was a solid album from Nas. Better than Hip-Hop Is Dead, that's for sure.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »
From the perspective of hip-hop Nas hasn't dropped a wack album. 

From the perspective of Nas's catalogue he's droped a wack album.

But on a given day Nas is easily top 10 and his catalogue supports it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »

Nastradamus is wack no matter how you look at it. I Am is mediocre at best and is only saved by a couple awesome songs.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »
I thought Untitled was a solid album from Nas. Better than Hip-Hop Is Dead, that's for sure.

NAH... i love untitled but HHiD is a classic to me.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 03:19:26 AM »

Nastradamus is wack no matter how you look at it. I Am is mediocre at best and is only saved by a couple awesome songs.
Most definitely. I try to pretend Nastradamus didn't happen.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bananas

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 03:26:52 AM »
My opinion is Nas is a rapper, and has made several rap records over the years and has enjoyed a nice living selling his rap records to fans of rap music.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 04:56:07 AM »
I was the first person in line when It came to hating on I Am...But a lot has changed since those days because I took the time to peep the album the way how Nas intended it to be heard in the first place (as a double disc) and it was quite a solid effort, much better than the released version.On top of that, I recently came across some perfectly executed blends (and I usually hate blends) of the I Am accapelas (from the retail version of the album) mixed with some 45 King and Godfather Don instrumentals.The songs have a completely different vibe and the album flows really well.So yeah, what brings the released version of I Am down are half the beats on there and the fact that it was heavily bootlegged back in the day which prevented it from being released in its true form
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 05:43:42 AM »
I was the first person in line when It came to hating on I Am...But a lot has changed since those days because I took the time to peep the album the way how Nas intended it to be heard in the first place (as a double disc) and it was quite a solid effort, much better than the released version.On top of that, I recently came across some perfectly executed blends (and I usually hate blends) of the I Am accapelas (from the retail version of the album) mixed with some 45 King and Godfather Don instrumentals.The songs have a completely different vibe and the album flows really well.So yeah, what brings the released version of I Am down are half the beats on there and the fact that it was heavily bootlegged back in the day which prevented it from being released in its true form

wouldnt mind hearing this?  ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare