Author Topic: "I don't sell a lot of records cause people don't like me" Kurupt  (Read 1637 times)

papa-smurf

Re: "I don't sell a lot of records cause people don't like me" Kurupt
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 02:14:43 PM »
kurupt had a good run.u cant expect to sale records if u dont make records thats worthy of being bought,kurupt lacks creativity now a days,he raps sounds lazy.instead of upgradeing h downgraded,but still he had a good run,alot of artist cant say that.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 05:14:24 PM »
Kurupt is becoming a bitter old man with that video and all this shit he's saying lately.
lol@ that william regal shit my equal hahhahahahahaha yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

EFFeX

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 06:17:40 PM »
I don't think that people don't like Kurupt, I just think it's a lack of major promotion. Not to mention the fact that the industry is overrun by pop-oriented commercial artists.

Kurupt is a great rapper (in my opinion), but his style is so different and raw compared to these mainstream artists.

Eh, what about I'm Burnt or let's not forget the terrible "It's Over" from back in the days. So if he could, Kurupt would be on of those "mainstream, pop-oriented commercial" artist as you've labeled it. The difference between them and Kurupt is that they were able to crossover while Kurupt failed. It has nothing to do with his "raw" style.
hahaha was gonna say the same thing, he has all this mainstream sounding bullshit lateley and he still gets no props.
90% of people I know dont buy cd's anymore anyway and its hard to hit platinum these days anywayz

I'm saying though, who really knew that this project was dropping outside of the Internet and his core fan base?

Did he service his videos to television?

I really think promotion is the first problem.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
I dont know why people have to call him a "bitch" or a "pussy" or whatever cuz he said this. Honestly, yeah Dogg Food and Kuruption are probably better than the new stuff, but the main fact is Kurupt is just an overlooked artist who still had a good run. I think his second run with Death Row was a mistake in the aspect of keeping a buzz since the album kept getting pushed back (it's a surprise it ever came out honestly). But really the guy is still talented and I don't think it matters who you had produce his album (even Dr. Dre), he's just not gonna sell. His time in the limelight passed, and although he might still make great music the public just aren't into West Coast artists that much, nor are the much for good music in general. Add into the equation downloading and whatnot, and its obvious he won't meet the sales numbers of Dogg Food or Kuruption. I just say that I hope he keeps his head up and keeps trying to make good records, and that the people who dig him keep supporting him.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
Promotion may be the problem, but its far easier to get promotion when you are an up-and-coming rapper with the mainstream sound and a major behind you, instead of a fallen off 90s rapper who no label would touch. Who do you think has all the connections and is paying for all this promotion that mainstream artists get?

BIGWORM

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »
lol