Author Topic: Aids: Your Views  (Read 780 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Aids: Your Views
« on: December 09, 2002, 04:19:11 AM »
I don't know if anyones made a thread regarding Aids before, i don't think i've seen any but anyways, what are your views on this topic? I find alot of people are ignorant to the fact that eventually it does effect everyone, and some people are so uneducated when it comes to Aids that they won't even talk to people who have it because they think they can contract it that way! Also, again due to lack of education, alot of people also think that only gay people are affected by this which is so wrong because you'll actually find that the number of straight people catching Aids rises every year. Does anybody here know anybody with HIV/Aids? I don't, or atleast I don't think I do.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ITW [the irish boy]

Re:Aids: Your Views
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 05:41:27 AM »
something needs to be done about it...the world is being destroyed by it. soon it will be in your pretty little neighbourhood. props to euthanasia...dont sleep on this
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 06:33:41 AM »
Honestly, I could care less about it.  I'm much more concerned about Cancer than aids.  Sure, straight people get it too, but the vast majority of people that contract aids are either 1. gay, 2. Using Intraveinious Drugs, or 3. having unprotected sex.  Since I don't do any of the 3, the chances of me contracting aids is almost 0.  Since my mom has cancer, Doctors tell me there's a 30% chance I'll have cancer.  

Lost Titan

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Titans ruled the cosmos before the Olympians.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 07:36:08 AM »
Aids suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 08:13:02 AM »
Honestly, I could care less about it.  I'm much more concerned about Cancer than aids.  Sure, straight people get it too, but the vast majority of people that contract aids are either 1. gay, 2. Using Intraveinious Drugs, or 3. having unprotected sex.  Since I don't do any of the 3, the chances of me contracting aids is almost 0.  Since my mom has cancer, Doctors tell me there's a 30% chance I'll have cancer.  

Yeah, Cancer is also a serious issue, but seriously you should worry about it because although it may not directly affect you as in you may not contract it it will eventually affect people around you if somethings not done, if there's not enough awareness etc, thats how out of control it's gotten. In Africa someone contracts aids every 11 minutes, thats unbelievable and sickening, and you know how 90% of the cases are caused.....by soliders raping young children, and it's been going on for years but since it's so far away people don't think it affects them so they ignore it, but as i've said thats not necesserily the case.

Oh, and Trauma, I hope you don't mind me asking but what Cancer did your mother have? A friend of my mothers has cancer and the doctors have given her less than a couple of weeks to live, she may not even make it up to Christmas. What makes it even worse is that she has 3 very young kids. She got over another type of Cancer a few months back but recently found out she had it again. It's tragic.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 08:24:31 AM »
Aids is socially transmitted as a breakdown in morals.  It's funny how in Western culture self-preservation pales in comparison to "doing your own thing" and "if it feels good, do it".  You can tell someone in America that the ozone will be depleted in a few years and we will all be burnt to death by the sun and all they heard was, "a few years."  Our culture has trained the individual to live for those brief moments of euphoria.

Islam doesn't need a cure for AIDS.  We already have it.  In true Islam there is no concept for dating, you are required to get married as it is half your faith.  Marriages can be arranged and safegaurded by Allah.  Islamic marriages are successful and our culture condemns destroying and debasing oneself through sexual explotation.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 08:25:06 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 08:25:38 AM »
Yeah cancer is also a big issue. My little cousin has it and she's only 6. But I think aids affects everybody. For instance, what if u were in a club one night, drunk as fuck, and this mad fine girl comes up to u and brings u to her room, and u have no condoms, and in no state to refuse, and next day u wake up with aids. Then it'll immediately affect you, and u will be discriminated against. or say, like my friends mom, shes a nurse and she was treating a guy with a gunshot wound, and an artery burst an blew up in her face. If that dude was HIV+ shed be screwed, so i guess it can get around
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

OutSider

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 09:22:10 AM »
AIDS is a serious issue in todays society. Unless you are active sexually and dont use condoms you really dont have much to worry about. Although you can contact other illness such as herpies and warts. I personally back in Augest have tested Negitive for HIV and pretty much stress over that fact that i could have contacted it through someone i was seeing. If you are going to have sex with someone, no matter who it is treat that other person like they have it. this means.. sex with a condom.. period...

AIDS is a very scary issue and thousnads on people.. men, women, gay or striaght are going though the process in which they have to accept that fact that they are dying. Some people contact the illness from people they trust or someone they have been once. It is hard to tell. This is in important issue in country were it is an epicdemic... like in the US it is an epicdemic now.. people are dying now.. people have it and they will spread it .. people are not being tested.... i was lucky.. my tests came out neg.. but there will be others getting tested without the luck of being neg.... so watch yourself...

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2002, 09:28:05 AM »
it may be that islam has the "cure", but isn't africa mainly islamic? maybe im wrong. but if not, it means more muslims have the disease than christians. if thats the case then u have to admit, its a worry for everyone
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 02:44:00 PM »
it may be that islam has the "cure", but isn't africa mainly islamic? maybe im wrong. but if not, it means more muslims have the disease than christians. if thats the case then u have to admit, its a worry for everyone

Aids is ambigious in South Africa.  South Africa is lead by Nelson Mandela.  Nelson Mandela and the rest of South Africa are largely Christians.  It is the Northern half of Africa that is Muslim.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 02:45:23 PM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 02:57:09 PM »
90% by soliders raping children? Come on now, surely you don't expect us to believe that.  That would mean 90% of all HIV carriers in africa are soldiers, and that 9 out of every 10 people they sleep with, are either a kid, or another soldier.  those odds are impossible.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 11:41:20 PM »
itw...while aids obviously exists in the Muslim world...the numbers are very low compared to the rest of the world

the majority of aids cases in africa are in central and southern africa which is mainly christain and animist

the aids rate in muslim northern africa is very low by comparison
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

OutSider

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 01:13:53 AM »
If you read the main AIDS site youll find that there is an Ecidemic of AIDS all over the world... right now AISA and south Americans are going through the same stuff.. just hasnt been put in the media like the issues in Africa... if you also keep up with the AIDS report in Africa and other 3rd world country you would now that people are not allow expose to the virus though sexual immorality... but by the lack of medical technology to get the proper test to detect the HIV in people who are recievng blood transfusion.. this information has also pass through to me from my dads GF who is Muslim...
If your really want to find out more about where the ecidemics are in he World.. it is under key word for AOL: AIDS or take a class on it.. they are usually worth 1 unit and last about 2 weeks....

Keep in mind that California and Texas have the largest AIDS cases in the USA and it is an ecidemic for people under 25 in Souther California. this imformation was given to me last quatar in my Human Service class.. at one point Marino Valley held the highest growing rate of HIV in the Nation... laggin behind was good old san bernardino... with the STD rate of 42% in the locate high school ... this % was givin by the San bernardino county blood bank.. who held an blood drive at San bernardino high school... in 1998 it was Colton high school and nieghboring city... AIDS does not see a face.. so no matter where you are.. you are likely to become a victum if you dont use protection.... it doesnt matter religion or race... this is the main point of having an AIDS thread in my opinon.. and if you are going to state facts about AIDS do your research and then post your shit..

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2002, 04:45:58 AM »
90% by soliders raping children? Come on now, surely you don't expect us to believe that.  That would mean 90% of all HIV carriers in africa are soldiers, and that 9 out of every 10 people they sleep with, are either a kid, or another soldier.  those odds are impossible.  

Honestly man, as unbelivable as it may seem its true, I was watching reports on MTV and other channels last week, since it was world aids day or something. I'm not saying all those soldiers have aids, or that all of them rape these young kids, but what happens is, for example, one soldier may have contracted aids from someone and has no idea that he has it and then he's passing it on to the young kids he's raped there (when I said young children I mean like 12+) and it spreads from there. These soldiers have unprotected group sex with these young kids and thats how it spreads so quickly, and obviously as these young kids grow up they're having sex unaware that they have aids and thats how aids is at large in Africa.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 04:47:31 AM by =[Euthanasia]= »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2002, 04:56:22 AM »
AIDS does not see a face.. so no matter where you are.. you are likely to become a victum if you dont use protection.... it doesnt matter religion or race... this is the main point of having an AIDS thread in my opinon.. and if you are going to state facts about AIDS do your research and then post your shit..

Yup, thats my purpose. I personally feel I still need educating on the subject of Aids, there's so many misconceptions people have that it's hard to fully understand exactly what it is and what the causes are.