Author Topic: Aids: Your Views  (Read 782 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Aids: Your Views
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2002, 10:05:20 AM »
90% by soliders raping children? Come on now, surely you don't expect us to believe that.  That would mean 90% of all HIV carriers in africa are soldiers, and that 9 out of every 10 people they sleep with, are either a kid, or another soldier.  those odds are impossible.  

My bad man, I went through the tape I recorded of the Aids benefit concert Alicia Keys did and I knew the stats were on there somewhere and what it was is that there was a video diary of a young girl who had contracted aids through being raped by a soldier, and it went on to say that in her area 90% of the cases found were due to similar circumstances to hers. Sorry for the misinformation.  

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2002, 03:32:55 PM »
No big deal.  As far as 'misinformation' and how you were saying a lot of people are ignorant about it, earlier when ITW said if somebody was operating on someone, blah blah blah and blood splattered all over them, they'd be screwed.  

I think that's misinformation right there.  Getting blood splattered on you probably wouldn't infect you.  You could probably even ingest blood and not catch the disease... I always thought it had to be (in general) direct transfer of fluids, and a pretty healthy dose for the HIV to spread.  

OutSider

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2002, 11:10:20 PM »
No big deal.  As far as 'misinformation' and how you were saying a lot of people are ignorant about it, earlier when ITW said if somebody was operating on someone, blah blah blah and blood splattered all over them, they'd be screwed.  

I think that's misinformation right there.  Getting blood splattered on you probably wouldn't infect you.  You could probably even ingest blood and not catch the disease... I always thought it had to be (in general) direct transfer of fluids, and a pretty healthy dose for the HIV to spread.  
they tell you not to use sheep condoms because of the pores that are on the condoms are not small enough to prevent the virus from leeking though....  also..it only take one virus cell to get HIV.. now there have been cases where people have come in contact with the virus and have taken a strong doses of Anit-biodics... and have come out cool... although.. it isreally hard to tell with some people.. because it takes them maybe 8 years to find the virus... but that is on a case by case bases.. depending on the person.. sometimes it goes dormed and sometimes it doesnt....

AIDS is such a complex illness.. although it is somewhat easier to deal with... people are living longer with the right meds and so forth...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2002, 12:40:14 AM »
Well, Karl Malone got Magic Johnson kicked out of the NBA, because he was afraid to contract the virus when playing against the Lakers...So yea, a lot of people are misinformed...PeACe