Author Topic: Crooked I Problem  (Read 638 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Crooked I Problem
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »
That's really what it comes down to. As a fan, you remember the people you meet who are cool and down to Earth and you remember the people who act like assholes. And you got to follow the demand too. Some of my favorite rappers through the years have either had absolutely no merchandise outside of their CD's and DVD's or they throw up this overpriced $40 shit that kind of looks suspect. I mean, cats need T-shirts. It's people that love your music so much they're willing to pay you something like $25 to wear a shirt advertising your shit.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 02:58:51 AM »
OFFtopic but little something about being down to earth.. I know Joe Budden is one of the most humble rappers EVER. Just yesterday he asked his random twitter followers to come & play kickball with him & his gf. Who else has ever done something like that? Joell also talked about inviting 5-10 random fans to his private BBQ party basically with his family & friends.

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 01:35:28 PM »
OFFtopic but little something about being down to earth.. I know Joe Budden is one of the most humble rappers EVER. Just yesterday he asked his random twitter followers to come & play kickball with him & his gf. Who else has ever done something like that? Joell also talked about inviting 5-10 random fans to his private BBQ party basically with his family & friends.

LMAO.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »

LMAO.

Go ahead, tell me who else has asked random twitter followers/fans to come meet him. Or even better play kick ball with him. I'm waiting.

The point is.. when Budden is talking about rapping he's never trying to be nothing but the best. So ofc he doesn't seem to be humble.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »
Just wait for Shady deal, next SH CD then drop after. Being on Shady will gain some of that Em, Dre crowd, will familiarize mainstream radio station with him more then he can use the "gain" of fans etc.. that to follow for his album.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
Just wait for Shady deal, next SH CD then drop after. Being on Shady will gain some of that Em, Dre crowd, will familiarize mainstream radio station with him more then he can use the "gain" of fans etc.. that to follow for his album.
Well, it's wait and see. I mean the deal is not official for one. Signing to a label doesn't automatically mean your album will come out. And just because you're on Shady does not mean Dre will produce tracks for you. We'll see what kind of buzz they get when/if the deal is announced.