Author Topic: Drake sounds like a robot...  (Read 5751 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Drake sounds like a robot...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 07:53:50 AM »
Off the top of my head, what's wrong with:

Best I Ever Had
Fear
Successful
Houslantavegas

I guess if you're a hardcore hip-hop elitist then you wouldn't like him.

I think kid is dope but I question if he'll have any major longevity.  It seems he's hit a dead end with his subject matter.  After this album no one will care if he's got issues cause he's rich and he can't worry about being successful when you are already there.  I guess he can develop a social message which could be interesting. 

Besides from being generic pop songs with mediocre lyrics and no meaning? I just listened to those songs and realized that they aren't complete trash but they still aren't good songs. Just because something isn't as bad as Soulja Boy doesn't make it good, its still mediocre as fuck.

In one way I think Drake has a positive effect on hip hop because he is doing something different than what the mainstream has been the past few years. And variety is what the mainstream needs right now. But people also need to realize that just because he's different doesn't mean he's good. If those are his best songs, then damn.....

At least he can make a song.  I can list off a a handful of MC's that are paraded around as the next coming of Tupac on this board but can't create a decent song. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 07:55:26 AM »
"autotune all sucks its not a legit music effect at all" --  sorry gramps, you might be just a little out of touch, time to put you in the old folks home.

So says the dude who listen to The Dream. You have no credibility dude...or do you happen to be a female?

ooooooh high school burn!

i like all kinds of music, im not stuck listening to a small selection of hip-hop like a lot of folks. the dream makes great pop music, maybe when u grow up youll realise theres a lot of good music out there that isnt hip-hop.

Word, Dream's debut is a great album.  Unfortunately his follow up wasn't as entertaining and he's treading too familiar ground with the new album.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »
Action is speaking the truth. Sure, Drake is most likely just another hype rapper whose career will end in about 2,3 years. But just like similar hype rappers like him before Ja, Nelly, 50... he's sort of at his peak right now and the majority of his music is bumpable, catchy, hit music etc. Nothing wrong with enjoying that.

MediumL

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010, 09:23:37 AM »
Funnt how everyone hated on Ja for singing yet now its common place in hip-hop  :laugh:

Kinda a par that he gets no credit lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »
drake does sound like a robot lol, but he has some dope songs like "killer", "fear" and "the winner".

i'm interested in hearing his album, although mainly for the production, i'm sure he'll have some hot verses on a few tracks.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 10:11:36 AM »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »
Off the top of my head, what's wrong with:

Best I Ever Had
Fear
Successful
Houslantavegas

I guess if you're a hardcore hip-hop elitist then you wouldn't like him.

I think kid is dope but I question if he'll have any major longevity.  It seems he's hit a dead end with his subject matter.  After this album no one will care if he's got issues cause he's rich and he can't worry about being successful when you are already there.  I guess he can develop a social message which could be interesting. 

Besides from being generic pop songs with mediocre lyrics and no meaning? I just listened to those songs and realized that they aren't complete trash but they still aren't good songs. Just because something isn't as bad as Soulja Boy doesn't make it good, its still mediocre as fuck.

In one way I think Drake has a positive effect on hip hop because he is doing something different than what the mainstream has been the past few years. And variety is what the mainstream needs right now. But people also need to realize that just because he's different doesn't mean he's good. If those are his best songs, then damn.....

At least he can make a song.  I can list off a a handful of MC's that are paraded around as the next coming of Tupac on this board but can't create a decent song. 

Mixtape/freestyler rappers are one thing. But I haven't heard a song worth putting into rotation from Drake.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »
drake is just a weird looking motherfucker lol, i cant take him seriously lol

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2010, 03:48:58 PM »
i ain't a fan of this equal,but it's true he knows how to make a SONG! and i'm sorry i still haven't heard a legit song where it's not about meta's sim's pun's from crooked i yet!!!!!!, drake has mastered his gimmic and that's a big part of BUSINESS HIPHOP which he is now a part of yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2010, 04:30:19 PM »
i ain't a fan of this equal,but it's true he knows how to make a SONG! and i'm sorry i still haven't heard a legit song where it's not about meta's sim's pun's from crooked i yet!!!!!!, drake has mastered his gimmic and that's a big part of BUSINESS HIPHOP which he is now a part of yell

lol...if you're going to compare crooked I to someone at least compare him to someone who makes decent songs

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »

lol...if you're going to compare crooked I to someone at least compare him to someone who makes decent songs

crooked i is wack dogg. dude's like 40 and he hasnt even released an album yet cuz muthafuckas know they cant market a wack ass muthafucka like himself.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »
^true.

Drake > Crooked I, in every aspect.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 05:41:28 PM »
^true.

Drake > Crooked I, in every aspect.

respect.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »
who the hell started autotune?
They shud hav theyre own genre now, I hate people like Kanye getting propz for making so called rap music

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »

best i ever had as a pure song is great, i mean name one song crooked i has did in his career that can compete with it song wise and not just punchlines and metaphors!  it's the same reason you couldn't put crooked up against snoop and why jayz feels game ain't worth his time, it's just networth talk yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp