Author Topic: Drake sounds like a robot...  (Read 5754 times)

ikke

Re: Drake sounds like a robot...
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »
Lot of dumb hip-hop elitist comments like "if you like Drake, you must be listening to Britney Spears" or "only 12 year old girls listen to this music" or "name a random song >>> drake's career". There's a reason Crooked I has yet to release an album in his 15 year career.
Not really, drake just doesn´t really appeal to allot of the guys.

I hate drake but I listen to Gucci

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
all i know is drake's best i ever had mixtape was better then that pig face weapon waist joint that crooked did, for us as fans shit should be about what stands out and sounds great that appeals to our taste, i think drake satisfied his fan base with his material more then crooked did with his last work, hell i prefer crooked but those last albums i would rather hear drake, and nothing wrong with making some music for women hell we all like ladies yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

westside159

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 10:51:07 PM »
drake is just a weird looking motherfucker lol, i cant take him seriously lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 10:53:22 PM »
lol@ folks who think a dude singing a hook automatically equals "bitch music"

music is for everyone. sayin things like that is what you expect from 'lil gangsta' high schoolers who just discovered 2pac and think they tough.

fwiw i think crooked i is a better rap artist but drake is a better artist overall, good rap and pop songs.

If Best I Ever Had ain't bitch music, I don't know what the fuck is. Guys can sing hooks and not have it be bitch music. Like when rappers like Mos Def, Nate Dogg, Pharoahe Monche, etc. do it. But this clearly IS bitch music. By the way, if there's something wrong with your ears where you can't tell the difference, its a very big hint when 99% of the people who like the song are bitches.

oh so basically a few guys who sing rap hooks is all you enjoy? just because they have a harder image. are stevie and marvin bitch music also. not 'tough' enough for ya lol

really dude? You mean to tell me you honestly can't tell the difference between universal music and bitch music??? By the way, how in the hell does Mos Def have a harder image than Drake? Its got nothing to do with being tough. Ja Rule had a harder image than any of the guys I mentioned and he was making bitch music at one point as well. I don't really think there's any point in explaining the difference if you don't already know it by now. If you can't tell the difference between Stevie Wonder and Drake you're pretty much a lost cause. That's like not being able to tell the difference between the Beatles and Nsync. Maybe its just because you like the shit so you're blind to the fact its bitch music. Maybe when I have time I'll make a thread explaining the difference, but I thought this was basic shit that everyone knew.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:14:54 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:38 AM »
Lot of dumb hip-hop elitist comments like "if you like Drake, you must be listening to Britney Spears" or "only 12 year old girls listen to this music" or "name a random song >>> drake's career". There's a reason Crooked I has yet to release an album in his 15 year career.

& the reason, quite simply, is that he won't make music like that lol.

i love when it's a debate about a big name in the mainstream vs. an underground artist (even though Drake vs. Crooked I is a joke), somebody always refers to how the underground guy doesn't sell or do well or in this case, doesn't put out an album; that's incredibly irrelevant to whose better lol.

if anybody here is REALLY trying to tell me Drake is close be being as good as Crooked I as a rapper, that's a COMPLETE joke.

now, if some of you are trying to say from a musical standpoint that you'd rather listen to Drake's music than Crooked I's, well, whatever floats your boat, brah; but i best not see ANY of you ever going into a thread bad mouthing the state of Hip Hop lol.

Won't make music like that ? Crooked I has made several attempts at a crossover mainstream record, working with Sisqo to Akon, the difference between him and Drake is that he failed. What Crooked I should really be doing is go independent and create a solid, loyal fan base and build from there. But he's to obssed with becoming the next 50 Cent and being in denial that he doesn't have what it takes to be a rap star.

How is putting out an album irrelevant ? I know you follow basketball; that's like somebody playing great basketball in the streets but never made it in the NBA. I judge rappers based on their discography, fuck a freestyle or a hip-hop weekly. Releasing an album comes with 100 new added details, pressure; anybody can make a freestyle, not everybody can put out a great album.

Bad mouthing the state of hip-hop ? Ok, I get it, Crooked I is real hip hop and Drake is fake hip hop right. Now tell me, what exactly does Crooked I bring to the rap game, what is he doing to change the state of hip-hop. People usually do that by releasing an album that changes the direction of music... well we all know Crooked hasn't done anything about that.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »

i love when it's a debate about a big name in the mainstream vs. an underground artist (even though Drake vs. Crooked I is a joke), somebody always refers to how the underground guy doesn't sell or do well or in this case, doesn't put out an album; that's incredibly irrelevant to whose better lol.

if anybody here is REALLY trying to tell me Drake is close be being as good as Crooked I as a rapper, that's a COMPLETE joke.

now, if some of you are trying to say from a musical standpoint that you'd rather listen to Drake's music than Crooked I's, well, whatever floats your boat, brah; but i best not see ANY of you ever going into a thread bad mouthing the state of Hip Hop lol.

Won't make music like that ? Crooked I has made several attempts at a crossover mainstream record, working with Sisqo to Akon, the difference between him and Drake is that he failed. What Crooked I should really be doing is go independent and create a solid, loyal fan base and build from there. But he's to obssed with becoming the next 50 Cent and being in denial that he doesn't have what it takes to be a rap star.

How is putting out an album irrelevant ? I know you follow basketball; that's like somebody playing great basketball in the streets but never made it in the NBA. I judge rappers based on their discography, fuck a freestyle or a hip-hop weekly. Releasing an album comes with 100 new added details, pressure; anybody can make a freestyle, not everybody can put out a great album.

Bad mouthing the state of hip-hop ? Ok, I get it, Crooked I is real hip hop and Drake is fake hip hop right. Now tell me, what exactly does Crooked I bring to the rap game, what is he doing to change the state of hip-hop. People usually do that by releasing an album that changes the direction of music... well we all know Crooked hasn't done anything about that.

now thaz wassup!

Samcro10

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »
lolol
autotune faze will be over soon
Hip Hop T Shirts @ http://WildcatTShirts.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2010, 12:29:34 PM »

This is getting off topic but I actually agree with everything said here about Crooked I. That's why I don't think there's even a comparison to rappers who have put out good albums. But what does this have to do with Drake? He doesn't even have an album out yet. So far almost everything I've heard from Drake has been bitch music.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »

This is getting off topic but I actually agree with everything said here about Crooked I. That's why I don't think there's even a comparison to rappers who have put out good albums. But what does this have to do with Drake? He doesn't even have an album out yet. So far almost everything I've heard from Drake has been bitch music.

im surprised you dont enjoy it. youve been bitchin a whole lot in this thread

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »

lol @ a drake stan getting mad. It's the truth. The music and the fanbase don't lie.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:07:24 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

westsiderider323

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:10 PM »
drake is just a weird looking motherfucker lol, i cant take him seriously lol

says this kid

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 01:13:08 PM »
the only 2 drake tracks ive really enjoyed, both with dope production, decent verses, dope guests, which is what makes me sad when i hear the bullshit he drops regularly now

Drake (ft Phonte & Elzhi) - Think Good Thoughts (Prod by 9th Wonder)
Drake (ft Von P & Phonte) My New (Prod by Nottz)

This was actually dope. Are these the only songs he has like this?

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »

lol @ a drake stan getting mad. It's the truth. The music and the fanbase don't lie.

lol where are you even from you idiot? europe? it would sense.

Im from north of toronto canada, and i have yet to meet someone who isnt digging drake, young, old, male, female.

take your opinion and run with it, no one is really with you homie.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »

you make a decent argument and then u ruin it with more north american superiority bullshit.... jeez

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »

you make a decent argument and then u ruin it with more north american superiority bullshit.... jeez

i was just stating that he's obviously not from Canada, therefore not knowing what the fuck he's talking about.

No European hate.