Author Topic: Drake sounds like a robot...  (Read 5752 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Drake sounds like a robot...
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 01:42:08 PM »
Lot of dumb hip-hop elitist comments like "if you like Drake, you must be listening to Britney Spears" or "only 12 year old girls listen to this music" or "name a random song >>> drake's career". There's a reason Crooked I has yet to release an album in his 15 year career.

& the reason, quite simply, is that he won't make music like that lol.

i love when it's a debate about a big name in the mainstream vs. an underground artist (even though Drake vs. Crooked I is a joke), somebody always refers to how the underground guy doesn't sell or do well or in this case, doesn't put out an album; that's incredibly irrelevant to whose better lol.

if anybody here is REALLY trying to tell me Drake is close be being as good as Crooked I as a rapper, that's a COMPLETE joke.

now, if some of you are trying to say from a musical standpoint that you'd rather listen to Drake's music than Crooked I's, well, whatever floats your boat, brah; but i best not see ANY of you ever going into a thread bad mouthing the state of Hip Hop lol.

Won't make music like that ? Crooked I has made several attempts at a crossover mainstream record, working with Sisqo to Akon, the difference between him and Drake is that he failed. What Crooked I should really be doing is go independent and create a solid, loyal fan base and build from there. But he's to obssed with becoming the next 50 Cent and being in denial that he doesn't have what it takes to be a rap star.

How is putting out an album irrelevant ? I know you follow basketball; that's like somebody playing great basketball in the streets but never made it in the NBA. I judge rappers based on their discography, fuck a freestyle or a hip-hop weekly. Releasing an album comes with 100 new added details, pressure; anybody can make a freestyle, not everybody can put out a great album.

Bad mouthing the state of hip-hop ? Ok, I get it, Crooked I is real hip hop and Drake is fake hip hop right. Now tell me, what exactly does Crooked I bring to the rap game, what is he doing to change the state of hip-hop. People usually do that by releasing an album that changes the direction of music... well we all know Crooked hasn't done anything about that.

This is getting off topic but I actually agree with everything said here about Crooked I. That's why I don't think there's even a comparison to rappers who have put out good albums. But what does this have to do with Drake? He doesn't even have an album out yet. So far almost everything I've heard from Drake has been bitch music.

im surprised you dont enjoy it. youve been bitchin a whole lot in this thread

lol @ a drake stan getting mad. It's the truth. The music and the fanbase don't lie.

lol where are you even from you idiot? europe? it would sense.

Im from north of toronto canada, and i have yet to meet someone who isnt digging drake, young, old, male, female.

take your opinion and run with it, no one is really with you homie.

hahah...its a huge fail if you're a guy from Canada hoping to criticize where I'm from. I'm from the bay, born and raised off of hip hop since 1985. And watered down pop songs made for women are still watered down pop songs made for women, regardless of whether you like it or not. I know a couple guys who like Drake's older shit, but its all bitches who like his songs like Best I Ever Had. And clearly you're a stan if you get your feelings hurt and have to resort to personal attacks over someone not liking a rapper you listen to.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »
just relax man.

i remember when i was a hip hop elitist and thought if any music was getting air play, it was wack music. If it wasnt produced by dilla ect it was wack music.

But then i grew up. and i started appreciating other forms of hip hop.

Music is music. Its for different moods. I still love my underground shit, but at the same time i love throwing on a little drake, maybe some Dream, maybe a little JT, whatever!

Everyone has an opinion and we all know yours, so just relax dude, you seem like the one getting all upset over this. I couldnt care if you dont like Drake, your from the bay, you
dont understand.

Just the same way how i dont understand how all you bay cats like Mac Dre.

So thats it, do you understand what im saying though man? Do you feel a little bit better about the situation?

Lets hug it out

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2010, 02:28:48 PM »
Just as long as you realize its music that is mostly targeted at women, cause that's all I was saying in the first place. I understand there are some guys that enjoy bitch music, but its still bitch music all the same. Maybe Canadians have a different perspective but if you had been raised in the States and experienced American music culture from an inside perspective you would have the clear knowledge that such music is labeled as "music for the bitches". I'm not saying some guys don't like it, but the vast majority of people who like that music are bitches. Like when I was a kid there were some guys at my school who liked Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and N'Sync. But it was still bitch music, and it wasn't something a guy would walk around blasting with his homeboys and be proud of you understand? I guess people from other countries don't have the same concept of masculinity versus femininity that Americans do. But hell, this is a west coast hip hop forum so if you get a little clowning for liking that kind of music don't get offended.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2010, 02:34:52 PM »
Just as long as you realize its music that is mostly targeted at women, cause that's all I was saying in the first place. I understand there are some guys that enjoy bitch music, but its still bitch music all the same. Maybe Canadians have a different perspective but if you had been raised in the States and experienced American music culture from an inside perspective you would have the clear knowledge that such music is labeled as "music for the bitches". I'm not saying some guys don't like it, but the vast majority of people who like that music are bitches. Like when I was a kid there were some guys at my school who liked Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and N'Sync. But it was still bitch music, and it wasn't something a guy would walk around blasting with his homeboys and be proud of you understand? I guess people from other countries don't have the same concept of masculinity versus femininity that Americans do. But hell, this is a west coast hip hop forum so if you get a little clowning for liking that kind of music don't get offended.

music is for everyone, if you have a complex about masculinity keep it to yourself. im not even really a fan of drakes newer stuff i just find your whole viewpoint ridiculous, posturing and overly-macho.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »

music is for everyone, if you have a complex about masculinity keep it to yourself. im not even really a fan of drakes newer stuff i just find your whole viewpoint ridiculous, posturing and overly-macho.

well in Europe its cool for guys to kiss so.....yeah.....why are you on a west coast hip hop forum again?

Jaydc

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »
Drake is boring.Hes got his mainstream appeal and theirs nothing wrong with that,but in no way is drake a good rapper.I laugh when people refer to him as punchline rapper Ive yet to hear one good punchline come from his mouth,heres a typical drake verse

Im all about the cash,TANGO,Girl you aint gotta worry Ill pick you up,BOUNTY,oh you got a kid sorry I aint into babys,WEEZY

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
WASABI

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:34 PM »
Drake is boring.Hes got his mainstream appeal and theirs nothing wrong with that,but in no way is drake a good rapper.I laugh when people refer to him as punchline rapper Ive yet to hear one good punchline come from his mouth,heres a typical drake verse

Im all about the cash,TANGO,Girl you aint gotta worry Ill pick you up,BOUNTY,oh you got a kid sorry I aint into babys,WEEZY

yo dogg yo flow is tight!

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »

lol true, but to me he ight,i just don't braille that killers song with nipsey, this pussy ain't no killer,if he stays in his lane he's a cool artist, will never be my favorite but i will still get his shit before crooked i or game yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
Lot of dumb hip-hop elitist comments like "if you like Drake, you must be listening to Britney Spears" or "only 12 year old girls listen to this music" or "name a random song >>> drake's career". There's a reason Crooked I has yet to release an album in his 15 year career.

& the reason, quite simply, is that he won't make music like that lol.

i love when it's a debate about a big name in the mainstream vs. an underground artist (even though Drake vs. Crooked I is a joke), somebody always refers to how the underground guy doesn't sell or do well or in this case, doesn't put out an album; that's incredibly irrelevant to whose better lol.

if anybody here is REALLY trying to tell me Drake is close be being as good as Crooked I as a rapper, that's a COMPLETE joke.

now, if some of you are trying to say from a musical standpoint that you'd rather listen to Drake's music than Crooked I's, well, whatever floats your boat, brah; but i best not see ANY of you ever going into a thread bad mouthing the state of Hip Hop lol.

Won't make music like that ? Crooked I has made several attempts at a crossover mainstream record, working with Sisqo to Akon, the difference between him and Drake is that he failed. What Crooked I should really be doing is go independent and create a solid, loyal fan base and build from there. But he's to obssed with becoming the next 50 Cent and being in denial that he doesn't have what it takes to be a rap star.

How is putting out an album irrelevant ? I know you follow basketball; that's like somebody playing great basketball in the streets but never made it in the NBA. I judge rappers based on their discography, fuck a freestyle or a hip-hop weekly. Releasing an album comes with 100 new added details, pressure; anybody can make a freestyle, not everybody can put out a great album.

Bad mouthing the state of hip-hop ? Ok, I get it, Crooked I is real hip hop and Drake is fake hip hop right. Now tell me, what exactly does Crooked I bring to the rap game, what is he doing to change the state of hip-hop. People usually do that by releasing an album that changes the direction of music... well we all know Crooked hasn't done anything about that.

i'll respond to each paragraph, respectively.

there is a big difference from Akon on the hook (which i always found to be dope) & have Drake singing in autotune lol; you won't see Crooked doing that.

i don't need an album to enjoy music. over the years, Crooked I has put out some amazing songs & spit some amazing freestyles & they don't have to be on a disc & sold in stores for fifteen dollars for me to love them. honestly, if i had the image to appeal to the mainstream & these ghostwriters found a formulatic single for me to just record & release, i could push close to selling a million copies; the game is just who can drop the hottest singles. also, what do albums mean if the music isn't any good? again with the comparison with myself, what if i dropped an album & it sucked ass minus like two songs? i'm better than Crooked I because i have the mainstream image, appeal & single to sell records? actual rapping doesn't sell anymore, it's all image, so i can't hold that against Crooked I that he physically can't sell because no matter how amazing a song he makes, kids aren't going to listen to it because his name isn't Sean Carter or Marshall Mathers.

for your third point, it's basically been explained in my second response; but i will say like somebody else has, Drake hasn't even dropped an album yet, so how does that work for him? unless you're saying "Over" & "Find Your Love" makes him better than Crooked I because those will appear on his upcoming album; but to me, "Over" is just an overrated song & "Find Your Love" will sell because women love it & because the girl in the video has the fattest ass in the world lol.

westsiderider323

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »
i can make a drake type of line

i get that green, mexican gardner
and i just keep goin harder, boner
phone her and she dont answer, mute

smh

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2010, 05:16:31 PM »
the only 2 drake tracks ive really enjoyed, both with dope production, decent verses, dope guests, which is what makes me sad when i hear the bullshit he drops regularly now

Drake (ft Phonte & Elzhi) - Think Good Thoughts (Prod by 9th Wonder)
Drake (ft Von P & Phonte) My New (Prod by Nottz)

This was actually dope. Are these the only songs he has like this?

as far as i know yeah...he has another track with Little Brother and Dwele called Dont You Have A Man, not as good as those 2 tho

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Jaydc

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2010, 05:27:08 PM »

yo dogg yo flow is tight!

I should ghostwrite for drake,those lines were just as good if not better then anything hes ever dropped.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »

I hate drake but I listen to Gucci
:-X

kemizt