Author Topic: Drake sounds like a robot...  (Read 5813 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Drake sounds like a robot...
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2010, 04:02:06 PM »
^that's fair enough, but in today's game i, personally don't need the album.

it's been widely agreed upon that Crooked I did the best on the Slaughterhouse album, that doesn't count for him?

think of albums by most mainstream rappers, a few good songs & the rest of the album gets deleted within the first two weeks; i can take Freestyles, especially since Crooked doesn't cheat them, doesn't half ass them.

you see people making Freestyles that are a minute and a half long or they just spit 16 over a beat; but Crooked I makes like 3-4 minute ones; i respect that.

albums like Rae's last (which was heavily overrated) was good, but you're talking about a rare album in times like these; which is why i don't care where the music is coming from, what it's on, as long as i get it & bump it.

ANYWAY, this all came about because someone brought up Crooked I & Drake, which was stupid from the start & Drake doesn't have an album out yet, so the points being made don't even apply for the subject of discussion.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2010, 04:12:17 PM »
^
yah I wasn't speaking on Drake, just on rap artists in general cause I know at one point you were trying to convince me that Crooked I was the goat. Crooked I's skills should could for something. Like being a great freestyler, dropping great guest verses. But we all know he comes up with his best material when he's working with others, aka being guided. Being a great rap artist? Able to carry an album? I don't see it. I'll use another rapper as a sort of antithesis to Crooked I. Masta Ace. As far as rappers I'd put him in my top 20. He has one of the most solid discographies out there. But at the same time he's not spitting multis and punchlines every line. And we all saw how he came weak on that rap battle with Boogieman. Still as a rapper I'd put him way over Crooked I because of the classic shit he has dropped over the years.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »
^
yah I wasn't speaking on Drake, just on rap artists in general cause I know at one point you were trying to convince me that Crooked I was the goat. Crooked I's skills should could for something. Like being a great freestyler, dropping great guest verses. But we all know he comes up with his best material when he's working with others, aka being guided. Being a great rap artist? Able to carry an album? I don't see it. I'll use another rapper as a sort of antithesis to Crooked I. Masta Ace. As far as rappers I'd put him in my top 20. He has one of the most solid discographies out there. But at the same time he's not spitting multis and punchlines every line. And we all saw how he came weak on that rap battle with Boogieman. Still as a rapper I'd put him way over Crooked I because of the classic shit he has dropped over the years.

not the GOAT, just one of the best in the game today.

i understand your position on the matter, but i can just take all of Crooked I's songs, put them on one iPod Playlist & make my own Crooked album.

i'm in agreement that something should be taken away from Crooked I for not dropping an album, but Crooked I is actually trying to sell; someone just has to inform him that it's not 1996 & he needs to just be like Joe Budden or Royce & drop great music for the fan base & let the people on the radio push the units.

but until he does that, i'm not going to say he isn't as good as "so & so", with a decent album out, just because he doesn't have one, that's all.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2010, 04:29:06 PM »
I know that last Drake single "Find Your Love" was aimed towards Females, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. I got the remix with Cons at the start, and shits all good for some chill background music

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
@Meho, i don't hate all mainstream music; all i said was Crooked I is a better than rapper than Drake & always will be.

i don't care if Drake drops 10 albums & Crooked I never does, if Drake always sounds the way he does now, i'm positive Crooked I will be the better rapper.

he is appealing to his fanbase with what he's currently doing.

he appeared on the Slaughterhouse album & his fanbase loved it; along with Joe Budden, Royce & Joell Ortiz's fan bases.

if you can't hear a DISTINCT difference in "The One" & "Find Your Love", i don't know what you're listening to, man lol.

sure, they make "an attempt" at a single, but there is a line that they simply won't cross.

he's pushing a Hip Hip album with the lead single as RnB, not to mention Action!, "Find Your Love" is CLEARLY aimed at females lol.

anyway, for the Basketball player analogy, it's completely different because then when i said he was the best people would say, "he can't make it in the big leagues", with Crooked I, if he made it to the NBA (mainstream appeal, etc.), it would only affect his music negatively because his style of rap doesn't sell in 2010, so i'm actually happy he'll be a street baller for life. ;D

Drake will sell because he got it in with Lil' Wayne who has the most fans, Eminem sells because he's white & Jay-Z sells because he buys half a million of his albums lol.

so if Crooked I is just going to drop internet leaks & Slaughterhouse albums, but all of it is hot as fuck, it'll work for me. 8)

this was what i was talking about. You are truly an idiot for having said that.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »
^

i understand your position on the matter, but i can just take all of Crooked I's songs, put them on one iPod Playlist & make my own Crooked album.

i'm in agreement that something should be taken away from Crooked I for not dropping an album, but Crooked I is actually trying to sell; someone just has to inform him that it's not 1996 & he needs to just be like Joe Budden or Royce & drop great music for the fan base & let the people on the radio push the units.

but until he does that, i'm not going to say he isn't as good as "so & so", with a decent album out, just because he doesn't have one, that's all.

Do you not realize that the same can be said for most rappers? You can't just make your own album and ignore all the weak/average Crooked I songs that have come out. If albums were made using that criteria then most rappers could be considered one of the best. The test of a rapper's ability is their own ability to be consistent, not you making an album of their best material while ignoring everything else. I might as well say the same about Snoop, even though we all know he is hella inconsistent. If we rearranged his music and took the best songs from each album we could give him a much more solid discography. But that would just be fantasizing, not looking at reality.

By the way, even if I took my favorite 20 Crooked I tracks, it would just be 20 of the same type of songs, not sure they would mesh at all.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 05:25:37 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Jaydc

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »
*waits for Jomo to enter and over mod*

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »
dope.....dope song and fuck drake

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i8RqgDsO3c4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i8RqgDsO3c4</a>
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »
^ ignorant. Your argueing skills are truely retarded

what is?

1. that's a poor arguing skill right there, not even telling me where i'm "wrong" or in this case "ignorant".
2. you clearly are Drake's biggest fan on this board & have taken his side in every thread pertaining to him; whatever you say is just invalid because you're beyond biased; i'm keeping an open mind about it.
3. you go against me whenever you get the chance & this is just another chance for you lol.

1. i was on my iphone at work
2. yes i like drakes music, it is a drake thread, you dont like drakes music, why are you in a drake thread?
3. i go against you because youre some young little idiot ive been reading for years and years now. Ive been posting here for like 5 years and ive tried to keep quiet. But you are easily one of the worst posters on the forum. You arent funny, your opinions are childish, you think you know shit but you dont and youre fucking annoying. Maybe i should of kept quiet and just ignored you because now im in a confrontation with you all the time and that only makes you post more. Fuck.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »
@Meho, i don't hate all mainstream music; all i said was Crooked I is a better than rapper than Drake & always will be.

i don't care if Drake drops 10 albums & Crooked I never does, if Drake always sounds the way he does now, i'm positive Crooked I will be the better rapper.

he is appealing to his fanbase with what he's currently doing.

he appeared on the Slaughterhouse album & his fanbase loved it; along with Joe Budden, Royce & Joell Ortiz's fan bases.

if you can't hear a DISTINCT difference in "The One" & "Find Your Love", i don't know what you're listening to, man lol.

sure, they make "an attempt" at a single, but there is a line that they simply won't cross.

he's pushing a Hip Hip album with the lead single as RnB, not to mention Action!, "Find Your Love" is CLEARLY aimed at females lol.

anyway, for the Basketball player analogy, it's completely different because then when i said he was the best people would say, "he can't make it in the big leagues", with Crooked I, if he made it to the NBA (mainstream appeal, etc.), it would only affect his music negatively because his style of rap doesn't sell in 2010, so i'm actually happy he'll be a street baller for life. ;D

Drake will sell because he got it in with Lil' Wayne who has the most fans, Eminem sells because he's white & Jay-Z sells because he buys half a million of his albums lol.

so if Crooked I is just going to drop internet leaks & Slaughterhouse albums, but all of it is hot as fuck, it'll work for me. 8)

this was what i was talking about. You are truly an idiot for having said that.

i thought the "lol" at the end kind of added the joking sense, but i guess when you're a hater, you're just blind to it.

my point was only four guys sell (one being speculated) really well & you have a few people who push half as many records & the rest sell under 100K.

^ ignorant. Your argueing skills are truely retarded

what is?

1. that's a poor arguing skill right there, not even telling me where i'm "wrong" or in this case "ignorant".
2. you clearly are Drake's biggest fan on this board & have taken his side in every thread pertaining to him; whatever you say is just invalid because you're beyond biased; i'm keeping an open mind about it.
3. you go against me whenever you get the chance & this is just another chance for you lol.

1. i was on my iphone at work
2. yes i like drakes music, it is a drake thread, you dont like drakes music, why are you in a drake thread?
3. i go against you because youre some young little idiot ive been reading for years and years now. Ive been posting here for like 5 years and ive tried to keep quiet. But you are easily one of the worst posters on the forum. You arent funny, your opinions are childish, you think you know shit but you dont and youre fucking annoying. Maybe i should of kept quiet and just ignored you because now im in a confrontation with you all the time and that only makes you post more. Fuck.

because i'm rooting for Drake's music; you're the childish one who supports his music because he's from your country lol..it's like he can't do wrong by you.

you were so quick to pull up older posts of mine complimenting, even prasing his first mixtape, but now i've become his biggest hater? clearly, i bumped his shit at one time.

i mean, childish? worst poster? i can pull up plenty of posts by you, "WRITTEN IN CAPS", making retarded replies to Jay just because you have no point & you're so caught up in your burning passion for Drake you take personal offense to it lol; i just tell it like it is & you don't want to hear it that way, but it's cool. ;)

you're always in confrontation with me because you purposely side against me..and you called me the idiot. ::)

i could of sworn you were a cool poster a few years back, then speaking of "being childish", you just whine & shit when people don't agree with you.

^

Do you not realize that the same can be said for most rappers? You can't just make your own album and ignore all the weak/average Crooked I songs that have come out. If albums were made using that criteria then most rappers could be considered one of the best. The test of a rapper's ability is their own ability to be consistent, not you making an album of their best material while ignoring everything else. I might as well say the same about Snoop, even though we all know he is hella inconsistent. If we rearranged his music and took the best songs from each album we could give him a much more solid discography. But that would just be fantasizing, not looking at reality.

By the way, even if I took my favorite 20 Crooked I tracks, it would just be 20 of the same type of songs, not sure they would mesh at all.

i do realize that; what i am failing to see is what you would like me to say about Crooked I lol.

alright, he hasn't dropped an album, it's no secret; so..would you like me to label him one of the worst rappers alive? put him in the same league as Gucci Mane & Flo-Rida?

i mean, if i'm loving the music he puts out, regardless if it's on a disc & sold in stores, i'm not just going to be like, "alright, the Freestyles & Mixtapes this guy puts out are awesome & i enjoy most of his work; but he's just an awful rapper because he doesn't have an album".

i don't care what his legacy is, where the average fan ranks him amongst others; he ranks highly with me, with what he's got & that's what it is. 8)

Jaydc

« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »
notorious tda thinks jay z invented coke rap lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2010, 06:45:52 PM »
he sure raps about it as if he did

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2010, 06:47:27 PM »

thas wassup.

Jaydc

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »

All he did was steal biggies persona and many many of his lines.Just like he stole young chriss flow more recently.Jay would be a nobody if big and pac were alive.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
he's a nobody ..them bein here or not....but its the labels, fans etc...makin him to be somebody otherwise pac as a rapper would, did, can , has, will, should etc...demolish jay n biggie on the mic

All he did was steal biggies persona and many many of his lines.Just like he stole young chriss flow more recently.Jay would be a nobody if big and pac were alive.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:03:05 PM by Ancient Chinese Secret »
Cube