Author Topic: 10 Year Anniversary - Marshall Mathers LP thread  (Read 1387 times)

doggfather

Re: 10 Year Anniversary - Marshall Mathers LP thread
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 11:24:13 PM »
by my definition classic doesn't mean perfect. Everyone has different opinions those are mine.

I don't think there are any perfect album.

I don't think anybody could make a PERFECT album...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jimmy H.

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 11:36:46 PM »
its the production that makes him...haha
You give them same Dre beats to the majority of West Coast rappers and you get three 16-bar verses about smoking weed and lowriders, you give them to Eminem and he comes up with fucking "Kill You". Haven't heard too many people that Dre works with doing anything like that. If anything, I think he's one of the least reliant on production out there. Truth is most WC rap fans would rather hear some generic rapper from the Coast spit the same style then actually listen to someone who has their own style.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 11:54:08 PM »

You give them same Dre beats to the majority of West Coast rappers and you get three 16-bar verses about smoking weed and lowriders, you give them to Eminem and he comes up with fucking "Kill You". Haven't heard too many people that Dre works with doing anything like that. If anything, I think he's one of the least reliant on production out there. Truth is most WC rap fans would rather hear some generic rapper from the Coast spit the same style then actually listen to someone who has their own style.

nice post
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »
The production makes eminem?Not a chance....he can outspit 95 percent of rappers in battles and can turn around make stan which could possibly be the greatest story telling track ever in hip hop.And then turn around and make cleaning out my closet.Not many rappers have the diversity he has.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 02:23:50 AM »
far from perfect, because?

I can't listen to "Kim", it's actually quite irritating and horrendous to my ears. Both D-12 featured songs are mediocre and I actually always skip them not because they are wack but just forgettable. Those few flaws don't mean it can't be a classic album because the rest of the songs are pretty much all classic or at least great songs, by my definition classic doesn't mean perfect. Everyone has different opinions those are mine.
that's cool, hence i asked you to explain ;)

i don't have KIM on my playlist either, even though i love the concept.
it is but its his damn style..why in the _ _ _ _ do you people love and adore em so much?

Wrong album, fam.
lol, i think you're shooting yourself in the foot with this one.
i think it's best to leave it alone ;)
great post.
i'm not saying that other rappers couldn't have done a good job over that beat, but Eminem really did his thing on Kill You.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:30:45 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »
em has his own style, but is he as great as some make him out to be, IMO no but talkin about killin your mom, cryin about mariah, cryin about nick etc....nah im cool he dont deserve those beats
but yeah stan was/is a good song and one of his best

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »

I can't listen to "Kim", it's actually quite irritating and horrendous to my ears. Both D-12 featured songs are mediocre and I actually always skip them not because they are wack but just forgettable. Those few flaws don't mean it can't be a classic album because the rest of the songs are pretty much all classic or at least great songs, by my definition classic doesn't mean perfect. Everyone has different opinions those are mine.

There's only one song with D12 on it? Unless your thinking of Remember Me with Bizaree and Sticky Fingaz? But you can't be cos that song is fucking incredible

no the song with bizarre is what im talkin bout amityville... remember me is fukkin classic... bizarre aint on it.. rbx and sticky are
my bad bro fucked that one right up! :laugh: Yeah Amityville is one of the weaker songs on the album, still dope to me but can see how you don't feel it
Lol

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 02:54:09 PM »
Damn time flies....
This album is a true classic and is definitely in my personal top 5
Time to give this album a spin right now 8)
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 12:03:47 AM »

There's only one song with D12 on it? Unless your thinking of Remember Me with Bizaree and Sticky Fingaz? But you can't be cos that song is fucking incredible

no the song with bizarre is what im talkin bout amityville... remember me is fukkin classic... bizarre aint on it.. rbx and sticky are
my bad bro fucked that one right up! :laugh: Yeah Amityville is one of the weaker songs on the album, still dope to me but can see how you don't feel it
Lol
you really think so?
i love Amityville, Eminem really went off on that one.

doggfather

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 12:16:08 AM »
B please 2 is the weaker in my opinion, nuthin xtra.
The B please is much better.

Don't know why they make a part 2?!?!

??? ???

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:02 AM »
i prefer it over the first version

doggfather

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 12:18:10 AM »
Do you?

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 12:26:24 AM »
yep, better beat, better hook & a nice collaboration overall

doggfather

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:50 AM »
OK, I don't think the same, but it is ok!

The opposite: my favourite tracks is the way i am (+rock remix with marilyn manson), and remember me (everybody know the story of that track?!)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jaydc

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2010, 12:51:14 AM »
Sticky fingaz verse might have been the best verse on the album lol