Author Topic: Big himself said Nas was better than him........check it!  (Read 1069 times)

teecee

Big himself said Nas was better than him........check it!
« on: December 09, 2002, 02:02:53 PM »
Ya, i know we dont need another Nas opic, but considering some people dont even consider nas an MC (SGV, that was u, right), i thought this might help....

by Matt Life (former A&R at Loud):

"...Big might not have been the best freestyle MC, but he could craft a few bars at a time in his head while standing in front of the mic like no other.
The reason that I hesitate to give him the freestyle crown is because of what happened late one night in San Francisco. Around five o'clock in the morning at the Gavin Covention in '94 guess who's knockin' at my hotel door? Big and Nas, with a couple bottles of Mo', like "Where's the dank, Matt?..."Purlpe haze ablaze, I pulled out the box and started playing beats. Immediately Nas started flowing, nonstop til the sun was out. I mean spittin' perfect verses and choruses that sounded thought out for hours but could only be off the top due to the here-and-now content. Barely awake, but in total awe, I look over at my man Free sharing the room with me. He was stuck. I looked at Big-stuck. Then Nas picked up the glance and paused for Big to start rhyming. After one long breath, Big said "Oh hell no, I can't fuk with duke". We laughed and Nas just kept going"

Spring 2002 Issue of king magazine

Kinda crazy, cuz although i am a big NAs fan, i never have thought that much of his freestyling.   However, i do think it is stupid when people say Nas aint a good rapper or MC cuz he doesnt freestyle (he writes better than anyone else and at least says somethig important half the time)......

teecee

Re:Big himself said Nas was better than him........check it!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 02:06:28 PM »
Btw, i am not saying Nas is better than BIG was....

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 02:10:46 PM »
Intresting.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 02:16:38 PM »
some nas dickrider at sohh had that "oh hell no, i can't fuck with duke" quote in their sig...but i must say that it was the truth.

94-96 nas>94-96 biggie.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2002, 02:39:07 PM »
well i never thought big was much of an emcee either...and i guess til we ACTUALLY hear it...i will never believe it...all i know is nas declined to spit a free on the wake up show...said he doesnt free...said hed write something...didnt even write something spit something off his album...certified WACK

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2002, 04:28:00 PM »
Biggie didn't know what the hell he was talking about.  He was the best of all time, LOL.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2002, 04:32:06 PM »
well i never thought big was much of an emcee either...and i guess til we ACTUALLY hear it...i will never believe it...all i know is nas declined to spit a free on the wake up show...said he doesnt free...said hed write something...didnt even write something spit something off his album...certified WACK

Unfortunately, to my embarrassment as a fan, Biggie did the same thing.  Spit something off his album, called it a freestyle.  I can say to snoop's defense I've never heard him do that.  Peace~

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 06:16:07 PM »
Unfortunately, to my embarrassment as a fan, Biggie did the same thing.  Spit something off his album, called it a freestyle.

A lot of artists that can freestyle do that, Redman has, Eminem for sure, plus many others.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 06:40:29 PM »
I know that, but why bitch about Nas doing it, when Biggie did the same thing?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2002, 06:44:10 PM »
I know that, but why bitch about Nas doing it, when Biggie did the same thing?

That's right, but I think S.G.V. was saying that he's never heard Nas freestyle and Biggie has been known to freestyle.  But I don't wanna speak for him.

S.G.V.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 06:55:44 PM »

That's right, but I think S.G.V. was saying that he's never heard Nas freestyle and Biggie has been known to freestyle.  But I don't wanna speak for him.
thats close to what i meant...but biggie was also written...he rarely had any freestyle flows...sure every rapper spits writtens...but theres some that u know can actually free and some that cant...nas is one of those that cannont...as far as ive heard....

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2002, 07:03:26 PM »
Freestylin is a very very hard thing to do, well of course anyone can freestyle but i mean freestyle and sound dope, what snoop can do is unbelieveable hes one of the best freestylers in my eyes

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2002, 09:09:01 PM »
Yeah, for real.  Most peeps can't freestyle worth a sh*t.  Did yall hear that freestyle Snoop and X did on the radio that morning, where Snoop was rappin' about that girl that came to him for Weed? LOL funny stuff.  

MOS DEF - freestyle King.  I prefer Snoop, of course, but Mos Def is probably by most people's standards the best. A lotta people freestyle legit on Rap City, Common was on the other day, and I'm pretty sure his wasn't written.  Black Thought was on, and it sounded written, but he kept mixin Big Tigga's name in and stuff, so maybe not.  

I can't believe Crook pulled that stuff on us, all of his 'freestyles' are written.  

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2002, 03:06:12 AM »
jay-z freestyles all his songs :o :o :o :o

he never pens his lyrics :o :o :o :o

that alone makes him the goat!

BIG>NAS all day everyday
« Last Edit: December 10, 2002, 03:06:55 AM by PINK »

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2002, 03:08:25 AM »
Uh... Jay Z, the GOAT?  Are you serious?  When did we all decide that was alright to say?  Peace~