Author Topic: Big himself said Nas was better than him........check it!  (Read 1064 times)

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Big himself said Nas was better than him........check it!
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2005, 02:07:16 PM »
Wow, great Kurupt lyrics.

Anyway, this post is so old i can't even remember making it.

NOw, the argument for Biggie being the greatest is that he dropped two classic lp's, and never fell off like every other rapper does eventually to some degree.  The argument against Biggie is that his catalogue is limited and some people say he is so revered because he died.  Either way Biggie is one of the best ever, I do think he is on Nas' level.

And to say Big Pun is on Biggie's level is just not right.  Big Pun's lyrics were better, but Biggie made great songs.  Who knows where his music would've gotten to, but I'd say Biggie is top 5 for sure, and somedays i think he's the best.
Not to attack you, but I thought it was well known that Life After Death is NOT a classic. It had way too much filler and it is 3-3.5 mics at best.

Nas>>>Pac>>>Biggie
^ Pac>Nas>Biggie. Nas said it himself. 8)
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

wcsoldier

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2005, 02:12:36 PM »
Nas is better than Big lyrically, Nas showed his skills in 7 albums, Biggie has only 2 albums plus NO WAY his 2nd is a classic there are too much fillers on cd 2

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2005, 02:13:32 PM »
^^^co-signed.

Pac and Nas were both lightyears better then Biggie
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2005, 09:11:14 PM »
Man first of all, I bet half these fools saying Big is overrated, so and so is better than big havent even heard shiet from big except hypnotize, big poppa, etc...If you listen to Ready To Die you see his lyrical showcase, but we will never know cause he didnt have time to live to his potential cause of his untimely death (r.i.p), but in my personal opinion nas' lyrics are lil more witty and developed than bigs...

and the only people who overrate jay-z is the media, saying greatest rapper alive, he isnt the greatest, but a lot of you are sleeping on his lyrics, no not his bit ones, but he has such witty lyrics if you really listen they are good...

But pac > nas > big

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2005, 09:21:56 PM »
Life After Death was exactly the first hip hop album I ever listened to and I listened to it many times. I also have listen to ready to die a few times. Yet I still think biggie is one of the most overrated artists ever along with jay-z. IMO Pac and Nas are on a whole other level compared to Big.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

teecee

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2005, 10:45:33 PM »
Makeveli11, its all good, i get what you are saying about Life After DEath.  It has a couple shitty songs and is all over the place, but if you were into hiphop when that cd dropped, it was crazy.  I mean, Biggie just died and then this cd dropped called Life After Death!  Yes, his death is probably part of the reason it is hailed a classic.  But really, it had huge singles (Hypnotize, Mo Money) great hip hop songs (Kick in the Door), emotional songs (Miss U), Biggie outdoing the Bone Thugz wit teir own Style (Notorious thugz), really the cd had it all.  In some ways, i would agree, if you rate it song for song it is not perfect and thus you could say it is only 3.5 or 4.  However, since when do classic LP's have to be flawless?  Is a classic always perfect?

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2005, 11:01:33 PM »
Biggie out did Bone at their own style?? SMH at that.....

check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re:Big himself said Nas was better than him........check it!
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2005, 11:49:16 PM »
Biggie didn't know what the hell he was talking about.  He was the best of all time, LOL. 
one of the best*

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2005, 11:50:53 PM »
i aint one of them haters that starts beefing with people cos they gota different opinion to me... but for real, people who say biggie isnt on the same level of pac and nas i dont entirely agree... way you look at it is both pac and nas have had many albums and over this period they developed and created more to their presence and style on the mic... Biggie only had 2 albums to show case his talents and from these two albums he was able to form a lot of hits and still he gained legendary status from only the 2 albums.... Lyrically Big was only a handful of rappers using their skills to tell stories, which is why people could relate to him on a different level to pac....

In the end i dont care wherever you put Biggie 1st or 10th as your personal favourite emcee's, just think you gota give him lil more credit then a few people give...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=86069.0 << thats a link to a Biggie Smalls mixtape i up'd the other day.... this show cases everything Big was about and shows you just how dope his lyrics and style was...  8)  8)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 12:03:28 AM by Educated Thug »

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2005, 11:57:16 PM »
i aint one of them haters that starts beefing with people cos they gota different opinion to me... but for real, people who say biggie isnt on the same level of pac and nas i dont entirely agree... way you look at it is both pac and nas have had many albums and over this period they developed and created more to their presence and style on the mic... Biggie only had 2 albums to show case his talents and from these two albums he was able to form a lot of hits and yet he still gain legend status from only the 2 albums.... Lyrically Big was only a handful of rappers using their skills to tell stories, which is why people could relate to him on a different level to pac....

In the end i dont care wherever you put Biggie 1st or 10th as your personal favourite emcee's, just think you gota give him lil more credit then a few people give...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=86069.0 << thats a link to a Biggie Smalls mixtape i up'd the other day.... this show cases everything Big was about and shows you just how dope his lyrics and style was...  8)  8)
props homie

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2005, 11:57:50 PM »
ya i feel u no dout bout it biggie was 1 of da tightest but u cant be sayin shit like he a betta spitta den rakim das jus takin it 2 far mayne. i aint sayin nas n pac r waaayyyy better den big but they a lil betta den him. i still think kool g rap n rakim r da 2 best mc's of all time but pac is da best artist

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2005, 12:15:40 AM »
^^ ye aight flamboyant i know what ya saying and all... we just got our own different opinions.. ye rakim was a dope rapper and can see why you still class him as tha best.. ill sort you outa prop cos i rate some of tha things ya said and for a youngen you do kno fair bit about the orgins of hip hop..

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2005, 05:48:37 AM »
ya i feel u no dout bout it biggie was 1 of da tightest but u cant be sayin shit like he a betta spitta den rakim das jus takin it 2 far mayne. i aint sayin nas n pac r waaayyyy better den big but they a lil betta den him. i still think kool g rap n rakim r da 2 best mc's of all time but pac is da best artist

whoa flamboyant is suprising me with his knowledge man im agreeing witchu fo da 2nd time today haha dont look at ur karma but i think ur loved on this board 

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2005, 01:15:01 PM »

whoa flamboyant is suprising me with his knowledge man im agreeing witchu fo da 2nd time today haha dont look at ur karma but i think ur loved on this board 

ya nigga my karma is fucked i think its still dem mop dickriders cuz i said nas was better den mop or maybe 1 of dem niggaz that i told aeom better den aquemini whatever tho is all gravy

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • im gangsta, yall just wannabees
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2005, 04:01:26 PM »
Nas IS a Better rapper than B.I.G. Big Pun IS better than Big, 2Pac IS better than Big, Rakim IS better than Big, Snoop is better than big,  Krs1 is better than Big.  Biggie Smalls is  good but WAY overrated he just had the bad boy machine behind him, and NEW YORK needed some life pumped back into its hip hop scene, and the timing was right, and them SNITCHIN ASS JM niggas (except KIM) was the worst to ever grab a mic. How come don't nobody question the street cred of NEW YORK Gangster Rappers, but AAAAALLLLLLWAAAYS QUESTION THE SHIT OUT OF NIGGAS FROM CALI ABOUT THE SHIT THEY RAP ABOUT.

u sound mad....

lil cease caught 2 cases for busting his gun
'i never park my cl in the p's, coz the system in the back make it look like i got parkinsons disease'