Author Topic: Best Albums of 2002 NON Hip-Hop  (Read 504 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Re:Best Albums of 2002 NON Hip-Hop
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2002, 05:26:45 PM »
i dont know why u swear the west had nothin...commercially nothin...but who gives a fuck...we had strong releases from Brotha Lynch/Doomsday, Caz, Shade Sheist, W.C., E-40, B-Legit, Too Short, DJ Quik etc...good year for west coast in my eyes...maybe cuz u look for snoop, xzibit and dre thats why u feel that way...i dont know tho

the west was weak this year:

List of albums that were dissapointments:
Shade Sheist
E-40
Too Short
DJ Quik
W.C
Xzibit
B-Legit....and much more

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2002, 09:04:01 PM »
i agree with coldplay , chili peppers (track 2 ooooooooweeeeeeeeee that's good shit), james taylor, and phil collins

and i want to add

audioslave
santana
queens of the stone age

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2002, 10:53:55 PM »
Hmm, don't know much about them (besides santana)... I'll take your word for it.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2002, 11:07:36 PM »
Hmm, don't know much about them (besides santana)... I'll take your word for it.  

if you like nirvana...let me rephrase that the mindset of nirvana....you'll love queens of the stone age...plus dave sits in on drums for them  :D

santana , you know about him, but yeah his cd is pretty damn good

audioslave is rage against the machine minus the annoying singer , added chris cornell (frmr lead singer of soundgarden)

if you liked alice in chains you'll  like them

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2002, 11:21:26 PM »
Hmm... well, Alice In Chains.  I dont really like them very much, BUT, I can see just how incredibly dope they are, even though I don't like them much.  Same with Rage, I always thought they were dope, but I didn't care for them much myself.  Chris Cornell rocks the party, LOL.  

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2002, 06:49:24 AM »
Has anyone heard Pink's new album? I doubt too many here have, I haven't in full myself but i've been impressed lyrically by her singles (minus "Get The Party Started") so far, especially "Like A Pill".

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2002, 07:30:14 AM »
Going with the majority a bit here...I'd say i really liked the Nirvana cd, there was a long 6yr wait for another official release from them, it's just good to be hearing from them still even if it was only a best of cd.
New QOTSA was good, as to was the Chilli Peppers 'By the Way'. I like the new Foo Fighters cd 'One By One', wasn't as good as there previous cds but was good and worth a mention also.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Murrow

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2002, 12:49:32 PM »
"The Zephr Song" is a great song.

S.G.V.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2002, 02:25:00 PM »

Shade Sheist
E-40
Too Short
DJ Quik
W.C
Xzibit
B-Legit....and much more

what was dissapointing about the Shade Sheist?...its a banger...same with the E-40...Grit N Grind is my second favorite E-40 behind Ina Major Way...the Too Short was real tight too...cmon Quit Hatin 1 & 2...& Cali-O cant be touched...I really liked the Quik...it wasnt Safe Or Sound or Quiks The Name...but it was real good...cmon man the W.C. was bangin...cant sleep...ill agree on the Xzibit...but wait...the B-Legit was way too tight for anyone to say it was dissapointing..it is his best album...cmon man...tell me why u feel any of these albums were weak....

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2002, 03:46:33 AM »

Shade Sheist
E-40
Too Short
DJ Quik
W.C
Xzibit
B-Legit....and much more

what was dissapointing about the Shade Sheist?...its a banger...same with the E-40...Grit N Grind is my second favorite E-40 behind Ina Major Way...the Too Short was real tight too...cmon Quit Hatin 1 & 2...& Cali-O cant be touched...I really liked the Quik...it wasnt Safe Or Sound or Quiks The Name...but it was real good...cmon man the W.C. was bangin...cant sleep...ill agree on the Xzibit...but wait...the B-Legit was way too tight for anyone to say it was dissapointing..it is his best album...cmon man...tell me why u feel any of these albums were weak....

Eiht's "Underground Hero" was a banger too imo.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2002, 09:27:17 AM »
"The Rising" - Bruce Springsteen
First album to really adress 9/11.  It's got some uplifting tracks, and some reflective/meloncholy ones.  Fav song is "Nothing Man."
I forgot this one!! It's a great album!

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2002, 09:31:32 AM »
Peter Gabriel: Up
Raphael Saddiq: Instant Vintage
Justin Timberlake: Justified
N*E*R*D: In Search Of....
Phil Collins: Testified
Coldplay: Rush Of Blood To The Head

Peace

Dam...go T.K.!  I forgot about "Testify" by Collins.  The first single is a great song.
You can't forget this new release by Phil Collins man! Oh yeah it is "Testify" and not "Testified" lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 09:32:16 AM by T.K. »