Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Covers)  (Read 881 times)

TRG

Eminem - Recovery (Covers)
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:51:15 PM by TRG »

Young Dan Iza

Re: Eminem - Recovery (Covers)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »
2nd one is the one i will be picking up

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:04:12 PM »
both look pretty ill.

i like the concept of both.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
both look pretty ill.

i like the concept of both.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
cool looks dope just seen a commercial for the single and the album as I responding to this thread, and Game's Red was mentioned at the end of the commercial aswell....

soopa-man

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »
the album should be dope...i enjoyed Relapse for what it was, still very dope in comparison to Encore, covers are coo..."Not Afraid" is coo...see if he has any more tricks up his sleeve

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:18 PM »
I know that one day everyone will realize that Encore is one of Em's best albums.  One day.
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »
I know that one day everyone will realize that Encore is one of Em's best albums.  One day.

his worst lol.

but Eminem agree with you;
"The Marshall Mathers was a classic
The Eminem Show was fantastic
But Encore just didn't have the caliber to match it
I guess enough time just ain't passed, yet
A couple more years, that shit'll be ill-matic".

MMLP = SSLP > The Eminem Show = Infinite > Relapse > Encore, for me.

i don't agree with the extreme hate Encore gets, i'm one of those guys who defends it when people say it's one of the worst albums ever, but one of Em's best? chiiiiilll. :P

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »
Spend Some time.  real ass joint

Mockingbird. real ass joint

Never enough. banger

Encore. banger

like toy soldiers. real ass joint

Then about 4 other joints had aweful hook execution OR aweful delivery in the verses which ruin the songs.

ie: yellow brick road, em is telling a story... literally.. he aint spit with no conviction on this track.. Makes a good idea into a boring song.    Crazy in love: nice beat, good sampled hook, good lyrics, but he's sing-songing the whole shit and it sounds gay.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 07:03:22 PM »
^Yellow Brick Road is one of favorites off that album; he drifts off & uses this weird voice to spit the second verse, but i can tolerate & still feel the song.

but overall the album just had some weaker spots & less replay value than his other albums.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
I bought the MMLP for a dollar today.  I really don't see the love behind the album.  It's the content.  I can't take people's complains about his vocals serious when they say they like his voice on MMLP or SSLP.  His voice isn't any worse. 

What Encore has that all his other albums lack besides Eminem Show is content. 
- Banks

G-Funk

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 07:17:15 PM »
interesting looking covers. cool concept. ;D
they look more like alternative rock covers though :P

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
I was going to make a thread on encore the other day but i figured it'd hurt to many eminem groupies to bother with it. lol

Basically after initial excitement of a new eminem album especially from his groupies, when things came back to perspective, it was judged to be a horrible album, completely wack and i definately agreed. It IS one of the worst mainstream albums released by someone considered to be a 'great' imo and many others who follow hiphop past an eminem joint and can judge his shit without bias think the same.

But then i kept hearing y'all recently talk about how its got all these dope ass joints on it etc so i gave it another spin and the shit sounded just as wack today as it did then. I cant even believe i gave it another spin. The shit is so uninspired and boring and has no replay value at all. Some of the joints are straight up garbage material and the stronger joints aint even THAT strong. It really is garbage, i just figured fuck it, no point making a thread on encore, its bad enough having yayo and bizzare threads.

As for the cover, its aite, nothing special at all. If this was an album done by somone like game, niggaz would on some its looks cheap as fuck shit...like some i guess game spent all his money on taking pics with dre on twitter shit lol :D

Haha but on the real, as i said when eminems single dropped, shit sounded simple and could possibly be an indication of him going back to his roots and just getting back to keeping it simple and making good music and hiphop. The cover has obvious meanings to it but i like how its simple. Will be interesting to see how the final product turns out. Im kinda interested in hearing a follow up to his single just to see how the rest of the album is going to be. But a solid first single and naming your album 'recovery' points to both positivity and confidence in his music too past the obvious meanings.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:22:28 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »
I bought the MMLP for a dollar today.  I really don't see the love behind the album.  It's the content.  I can't take people's complains about his vocals serious when they say they like his voice on MMLP or SSLP.  His voice isn't any worse. 

What Encore has that all his other albums lack besides Eminem Show is content. 

sometimes you just got to enjoy the insane, flow side of Hip Hop; but it had some content on there.

Kill You - insane flow & just dismantled in so many aspects, even though the message is "fuck you bitches".
Stan - probably one of the most content filled, deep, message sending songs in music history lol.
Who Knew - content if i ever heard any.
The Way I Am - people won't change him, personal song; content to me.
The Real Slim Shady - "you can't be me, so stop trying"; content to me.
Remember Me - no real direction, but flow wise & rhyming wise, just incredible; sick features too.
I'm Back - no real direction, but again, it's just incredible, the wordplay & such.
Marshall Mathers - gets personal, regardless of what you think of it's content, it's gotta be one of my favorite Eminem songs.
Drug Ballad - drug song, which was part of him; again, flow is untouchable.
Amityville - song about Detroit & it's dangers lol. the anger gets you so hyped.
Bitch Please II - >>> the OG.
Kim - content, even though the events didn't really happen; you still feel his hatred lol.
Under The Influence - D-12 song, so naturally it's just "goofy", but still dope.
Criminal - kind of has a message to it, but it doesn't at the same time lol.

so yeah, it has it's joints without much "content", but those songs are made up for & then some with INSANE flows, rhyming, wordplay, etc.; where basically the only thing missing from the song is "a deep message".

but flip the coin & you got some personal matters with messages & content.

all in all, a certified classic in my eyes; top album of the decade & one of the best in Hip Hop history.

if you strongly disagree, i'm afraid we're just going to have to agree to disagree lol.