Author Topic: Dr. Dre and Eazy arguing over how to produce a song  (Read 1776 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Dr. Dre and Eazy arguing over how to produce a song
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2010, 12:48:23 PM »
^
a guess at best? lol. It's just blind denial on your part. He didn't write his own rhymes, he didn't produce, what exactly did he do? That's not a guess, its acknowledged by everyone involved.

He did produce according to his last interview in Rap Pages, he did write according to the liner notes on his albums.  Maybe he didn't do the majority of the writing, but he wrote.  What else would you have liked that he do?  And how is he like Suge Knight?  Exactly how many platinum and gold records did Suge personally have?  Your continued attempts to marginalize Eazy's contributions are laughable.

marginalize Eazy's contributions? They are already marginalized by all counts. If I came out with an album produced by others and with my raps written for me, should I get credit for it? Also I'm lolling @ you trying to give credit to Eazy E as a writer when its a known fact he didn't write his own raps and he has never been credited as a producer. I'm sure he probably ad-libbed a couple lines once someone had written the rap for him (as did Dre probably) but that doesn't make him anything close to a writer. You give him way too much credit.

I'm glad you're lolling.  Keep lolling cause you're not effectively arguing.  You can look at the liner notes to any of Eazy's albums.  It cleary says who wrote his lyrics.  On the tracks where Eazy didn't write his own lyrics, the appropriate person or persons are given credit.  How is that taking credit for something that he didn't write?  It seems to me that he's giving credit to the writers.
 I also noticed you ignored my statement about Eazy-E producing music.  It's from his last interview, conducted with "Rap Pages" in February of '95 if you want to look it up.

lol I haven't had the cd booklets for most of my cds for a long time. But I know he didn't write his own shit on the N.W.A. albums and Eazy Duz It. As for his post-N.W.A. shit, I'm pretty sure someone else was given credit for writing. If you can prove he wrote some of his post-N.W.A., I'd be interested to see it.

As for the interview, i actually read that. Where he claimed he and Ren came up with Just Don't Bite It, a track that Dre and Yella were given production credit for? Now how does that make sense? He claims to have produced Approach to Danger, a track that Dre is shown making in the only home video.  :D

You are correct that Eazy did not write his early rhymes.  It was never Eazy's intention to be a rapper.  Dre talked him into it.  So of course, someone just starting out with no prior experience is going to need help with his lyrics.  Ice Cube, D.O.C., and MC Ren wrote the majority of "Eazy Duz It" and they're given credit for that.  But no where have I ever seen or read anyone make the claim that Eazy never wrote lyrics.  You're making the assumption that because he did not not write early on, he never wrote.  He's given credit for writing or co-writing songs on "It's On Dr. Dre (187um Killa!) and "Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin' Comption."
 As far as Eazy's work as a producer, I have no idea why he says he and Ren produced "Just Don't Bite It" when Dre and Yella are given the credit.  But if he was going to lie about it, I seriously doubt he would arbitrarily pick out one track to take credit for when he could just as easily lie about producing multiple tracks. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »
^
a guess at best? lol. It's just blind denial on your part. He didn't write his own rhymes, he didn't produce, what exactly did he do? That's not a guess, its acknowledged by everyone involved.

He did produce according to his last interview in Rap Pages, he did write according to the liner notes on his albums.  Maybe he didn't do the majority of the writing, but he wrote.  What else would you have liked that he do?  And how is he like Suge Knight?  Exactly how many platinum and gold records did Suge personally have?  Your continued attempts to marginalize Eazy's contributions are laughable.

marginalize Eazy's contributions? They are already marginalized by all counts. If I came out with an album produced by others and with my raps written for me, should I get credit for it? Also I'm lolling @ you trying to give credit to Eazy E as a writer when its a known fact he didn't write his own raps and he has never been credited as a producer. I'm sure he probably ad-libbed a couple lines once someone had written the rap for him (as did Dre probably) but that doesn't make him anything close to a writer. You give him way too much credit.

I'm glad you're lolling.  Keep lolling cause you're not effectively arguing.  You can look at the liner notes to any of Eazy's albums.  It cleary says who wrote his lyrics.  On the tracks where Eazy didn't write his own lyrics, the appropriate person or persons are given credit.  How is that taking credit for something that he didn't write?  It seems to me that he's giving credit to the writers.
 I also noticed you ignored my statement about Eazy-E producing music.  It's from his last interview, conducted with "Rap Pages" in February of '95 if you want to look it up.

lol I haven't had the cd booklets for most of my cds for a long time. But I know he didn't write his own shit on the N.W.A. albums and Eazy Duz It. As for his post-N.W.A. shit, I'm pretty sure someone else was given credit for writing. If you can prove he wrote some of his post-N.W.A., I'd be interested to see it.

As for the interview, i actually read that. Where he claimed he and Ren came up with Just Don't Bite It, a track that Dre and Yella were given production credit for? Now how does that make sense? He claims to have produced Approach to Danger, a track that Dre is shown making in the only home video.  :D

You are correct that Eazy did not write his early rhymes.  It was never Eazy's intention to be a rapper.  Dre talked him into it.  So of course, someone just starting out with no prior experience is going to need help with his lyrics.  Ice Cube, D.O.C., and MC Ren wrote the majority of "Eazy Duz It" and they're given credit for that.  But no where have I ever seen or read anyone make the claim that Eazy never wrote lyrics.  You're making the assumption that because he did not not write early on, he never wrote.  He's given credit for writing or co-writing songs on "It's On Dr. Dre (187um Killa!) and "Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin' Comption."
 As far as Eazy's work as a producer, I have no idea why he says he and Ren produced "Just Don't Bite It" when Dre and Yella are given the credit.  But if he was going to lie about it, I seriously doubt he would arbitrarily pick out one track to take credit for when he could just as easily lie about producing multiple tracks.  

I've always wondered who took on the ghostwriting after the D.O.C. left, no one seems to know but if there's any proof that Eazy started writing I'd like to see it. I lost my album booklets a long time ago so I can't exactly verify it from there.

I take it when Eazy says he and Ren "produced" a song that they may have had some part in the making of the track. Like perhaps Eazy came up with the line "Don't matter Just Don't Bite It." But Dre is still the one who produced the track. I mean, Eazy claims to have produced Approach to Danger but there's a video of Dre in the studio putting it together. That doesn't qualify him or Ren as producers, just as guys in the studio who may have given a couple suggestions to Dre. I mean damn, the video I originally posted shows him arguing with Dre about the placement of sirens. But Eazy as a producer? Hell no.

DEKO

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »
^

As for the interview, i actually read that. Where he claimed he and Ren came up with Just Don't Bite It, a track that Dre and Yella were given production credit for? Now how does that make sense? He claims to have produced Approach to Danger, a track that Dre is shown making in the only home video.  :D

You are correct that Eazy did not write his early rhymes.  It was never Eazy's intention to be a rapper.  Dre talked him into it.  So of course, someone just starting out with no prior experience is going to need help with his lyrics.  Ice Cube, D.O.C., and MC Ren wrote the majority of "Eazy Duz It" and they're given credit for that.  But no where have I ever seen or read anyone make the claim that Eazy never wrote lyrics.  You're making the assumption that because he did not not write early on, he never wrote.  He's given credit for writing or co-writing songs on "It's On Dr. Dre (187um Killa!) and "Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin' Comption."
 As far as Eazy's work as a producer, I have no idea why he says he and Ren produced "Just Don't Bite It" when Dre and Yella are given the credit.  But if he was going to lie about it, I seriously doubt he would arbitrarily pick out one track to take credit for when he could just as easily lie about producing multiple tracks. 

You're fuckin' right!!!!!!!!!

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
I got this on the NWA TV dvd. Haven't busted it out in a long time. Some good and funny parts in the dvd like this one, them playing with a Ouija board, there's one part where this fat guy is taking a shit and someone is sitting in the closet recording it, Eazy cruising around and saying fuck the fans. lol I found it at Bestbuy years ago.

JohnnyL

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »
^

As for the interview, i actually read that. Where he claimed he and Ren came up with Just Don't Bite It, a track that Dre and Yella were given production credit for? Now how does that make sense? He claims to have produced Approach to Danger, a track that Dre is shown making in the only home video.  :D

You are correct that Eazy did not write his early rhymes.  It was never Eazy's intention to be a rapper.  Dre talked him into it.  So of course, someone just starting out with no prior experience is going to need help with his lyrics.  Ice Cube, D.O.C., and MC Ren wrote the majority of "Eazy Duz It" and they're given credit for that.  But no where have I ever seen or read anyone make the claim that Eazy never wrote lyrics.  You're making the assumption that because he did not not write early on, he never wrote.  He's given credit for writing or co-writing songs on "It's On Dr. Dre (187um Killa!) and "Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin' Comption."
 As far as Eazy's work as a producer, I have no idea why he says he and Ren produced "Just Don't Bite It" when Dre and Yella are given the credit.  But if he was going to lie about it, I seriously doubt he would arbitrarily pick out one track to take credit for when he could just as easily lie about producing multiple tracks.  

I've always wondered who took on the ghostwriting after the D.O.C. left, no one seems to know but if there's any proof that Eazy started writing I'd like to see it. I lost my album booklets a long time ago so I can't exactly verify it from there.

I take it when Eazy says he and Ren "produced" a song that they may have had some part in the making of the track. Like perhaps Eazy came up with the line "Don't matter Just Don't Bite It." But Dre is still the one who produced the track. I mean, Eazy claims to have produced Approach to Danger but there's a video of Dre in the studio putting it together. That doesn't qualify him or Ren as producers, just as guys in the studio who may have given a couple suggestions to Dre. I mean damn, the video I originally posted shows him arguing with Dre about the placement of sirens. But Eazy as a producer? Hell no.

On his later albums Dirty Red, B.G. Knoccout, and Dresta did some writing.  But he also wrote for himself.  For example, on "It's On Dr. Dre (187um Killa!)" he's given given a writing credit on:

"Exxtra Special Thanks"
"Real Muthaphukkin' G's"
"Still a Nigga"
"Gimmie That Nutt"
"It's On"
"Down 2 Tha Last Roach"

I don't have my album booklet handy for "Str8 off the Streetz of Muthaphukkin' Compton" but I believe he is also given credit for writing/co-writing some of the songs on there, as well.

As far as producing, I don't think he ever produced a lot.  I think he co-produced a few tracks, but never single-handedly produced anything.  I think it's for that reason that he never made a big deal about it.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2010, 01:42:05 AM »
Didn't Ren kill that production rumor in an interview saying Dre more or less produced everything in the early N.W.A. era with help from Yella?

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »
Didn't Ren kill that production rumor in an interview saying Dre more or less produced everything in the early N.W.A. era with help from Yella?

ThaFormula.com - Now what about the production of "Eazy-Duz-It?" Was everyone involved in that album?

MC Ren - Nah, that was just straight Dre. Every album was just straight Dre. It had on there produced by Dre & Yella but Yella was just like his assistant and shit. Like, "do this for me, hand me that, push that." It was all Dre with the beats. Dre would just be in there like, "we 'gon rap to this one." He was controllin' all that and that's why it was so hard.

source

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »
^

He did produce according to his last interview in Rap Pages, he did write according to the liner notes on his albums.  Maybe he didn't do the majority of the writing, but he wrote.  What else would you have liked that he do?  And how is he like Suge Knight?  Exactly how many platinum and gold records did Suge personally have?  Your continued attempts to marginalize Eazy's contributions are laughable.

I'm glad you're lolling.  Keep lolling cause you're not effectively arguing.  You can look at the liner notes to any of Eazy's albums.  It cleary says who wrote his lyrics.  On the tracks where Eazy didn't write his own lyrics, the appropriate person or persons are given credit.  How is that taking credit for something that he didn't write?  It seems to me that he's giving credit to the writers.
 I also noticed you ignored my statement about Eazy-E producing music.  It's from his last interview, conducted with "Rap Pages" in February of '95 if you want to look it up.

yeah Rapsodie is acting like a politician.
truth is, Eazy-E was creatively involved with the music.

no real chance of a career?
Helter Skelter was backed by a major label & The D.O.C. had the opportunity to drop a follow up to that album on the same label, but he ruined it.
so don't tell me he didn't have a real chance, because that's bullshit.

I didn't say he never got the opportunity to have a major label career, but that even with all the backing in the world and an album full of Dre beats, with his voice the way it was, only hard core fans could get into it. Hence, no chance of a commercial career ;)
well i'm sure he can eat from it.

lol Well Dub has found DOCs Dick Rider of the forum.
? are you stupid?