Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Tracklist)  (Read 3626 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Tracklist)
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2010, 06:15:56 PM »
Explain how that song is selling out?

He used a bunch of shocking at the time punch lines about famous people that couldn't fight back to get people to turn their heads and look at him. If Eminem never made fun of celebrities he'd never have been a star. None of it made his art better. He did it at the expense of his art to make money. Thus; he sold out.

Jaydc

« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2010, 06:21:29 PM »
Thats part of who he is.Doing something to make money isnt selling out.Going against your beliefs is selling out.if thats what he felt thats what he felt,sure its for attention but that doesnt make it wrong.if someone makes a diss song and it gets them attention its not selling out.he was just saying what most people felt anyway.Wether it made him better or not is debateable but in no way is that selling out.

50 cent is a sellout,he said he was sick of bubblegum rap and made fun of ja rule for singing then his next album hes singing and making bubblegum rap,thats selling out.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
Thats part of who he is.Doing something to make money isnt selling out.Going against your beliefs is selling out.if thats what he felt thats what he felt,sure its for attention but that doesnt make it wrong.if someone makes a diss song and it gets them attention its not selling out.he was just saying what most people felt anyway.Wether it made him better or not is debateable but in no way is that selling out.

50 cent is a sellout,he said he was sick of bubblegum rap and made fun of ja rule for singing then his next album hes singing and making bubblegum rap,thats selling out.

people forget 50 was crooning like bing crosby on ghetto quran lol, he just knew people was tired of ja and he went with that, just like alot of folks is tired of him now and that's why people who wasn't kanye fans went out and bought his album to beat 50, fans are so gullible,once you find a way to pull the wool over they eyes you take advantage like big corporations yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »

The guy would publicly complain about being forced to release bubble gum first singles. Real Slim Shady is one thing, but With Out Me and Just Lose It? C'mon. Even with My Name Is, he hurt the integrity of the art for money. So that means sell out.

Jaydc

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »
I just disagree with that but its whatever,either way,hes a sellout now if he wasnt already was.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »

The guy would publicly complain about being forced to release bubble gum first singles. Real Slim Shady is one thing, but With Out Me and Just Lose It? C'mon. Even with My Name Is, he hurt the integrity of the art for money. So that means sell out.

clearly you've never heard "My First Single". ;)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »

I agree with Jaydc on this one. You're only selling out if you go against your beliefs and values. Em going at celebrities and talking shit wasn't selling out, that was just a part of his Slim Shady persona. Him getting Rihanna can easily be seen as crossing the line, although she is a far cry from the teenage idols of Britney, NSync, Backstreet Boys etc. He said that he couldn't picture anyone else on the track so I'm interested in seeing how it turns out, she actually had some dope tracks on her last album. My girlfriend had it so I listened to it a few times when I was in her car, some banging beats anyway lol

Lucifuge

« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »
Every mainstream, rappers is sell out! Eminem's album are very dark except singles,so i don't have a problem with that,except encore,that shit is fail.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Jaydc

« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2010, 10:41:20 PM »
Being a mainstream rapper is not selling out.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »
Skill-wise Eminem is not owned by anyone who ever had anything to do with rap.

With that said, if most rappers could just like rhyme (not even rap or anything) like him, the rap game would be like 10x better.

Thing is, he is a mentally disturbed human being. Which hinders him of having a perfect catalogue, alongside with having Jews behind him.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:56:35 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jimmy H.

« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »
Sorry but this "sell-out" shit is very, very late. If he's a sell-out in 2010 for using Pink and Rhiana (without even hearing the content of the songs) because he dissed Britney and some boy bands in 2000 then at least recognize how dumb it is to even say anything when he brought out Elton John as a guest collabo in 2001. That's right. You are bitching about Em working with pop stars when he worked with the openly-gay pop icon Elton while promoting an album that was supposedly against both gays and pop music. More so, he did a fucking club track with Akon called "Smack That" like four years ago. Whining about an artist contradicting something they said over a decade ago when you aren't even aware of the context of the issue in the first place is kind of silly. How exactly are either Pink or Rhiana the equivalent of N'Sync or Backstreet Boys? Neither one is bubble gum pop music to me.

Jaydc

« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2010, 11:01:36 PM »
Elton John is a world celebrated singer and pianist.hes been knighted by the queen,and your comparing him to rihanna and pink?Come on dude.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:14:23 PM by Jaydc is dying everyday »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2010, 11:11:21 PM »
come one now, we all know he did that elton john thing, because people overracted to his gay-bashing, because he was white.

he dissed homosexuals just like any other rapper, only because he was white and mainstream everybody in the public eye acted as if he was some kind of bastard who deserves to die because of that.

so he did one of the greatest live performances of all time with elton john. nothing wrong with that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:20:10 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jimmy H.

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2010, 01:17:44 AM »
I don't personally have nothing wrong with the Elton John thing. However, if we're gonna bitch about "selling out" on any level, we should be going there before names like Pink and Rhiana are ever brought up. That's just how I see it. I mean to say that Eminem hates or hated "Pop" is kind of a misrepresentation of the message he was coming with at the time. From interviews, it seemed his main purpose was to seperate himself from the artists he found himself labeled with. If anything I'd say him and Pink should have recorded something years ago since they both were more edgier than most of the other artists they were competing with.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2010, 03:45:45 AM »
Elton John is an artist. Rihanna is just some kind of twisted product of modern music industry.... ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM