Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Tracklist)  (Read 3631 times)

RapAddict

• 'G'
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Tracklist)
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »
I believe the co-producing, but co-writing? Dukes a producer aint he? what would he write? Unless he writes for the New Royales and wrote a couple hooks or summin

Producers tend to have a larger role than most people believe in the writing portion of the track

That and Chin Injeti was writing music for himself and a band he was in long before he hooked up with Khalil.   His old band (Bass is Base) won a Juno (Canadian Equivalent to a Grammy) too.  And he just released a solo Soul/R&B Album on May 6 called D'tach.   
dj smeeze "you dont have his cd in the deck listening to it? and it's a double frisbee i mean double cd!"

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »
I believe the co-producing, but co-writing? Dukes a producer aint he? what would he write? Unless he writes for the New Royales and wrote a couple hooks or summin

Producers tend to have a larger role than most people believe in the writing portion of the track

That and Chin Injeti was writing music for himself and a band he was in long before he hooked up with Khalil.   His old band (Bass is Base) won a Juno (Canadian Equivalent to a Grammy) too.  And he just released a solo Soul/R&B Album on May 6 called D'tach.   

D'tach isn't a soul/R&B album. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

RapAddict

• 'G'
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »

What would you classify it as? I just went by the genre tag on itunes.
dj smeeze "you dont have his cd in the deck listening to it? and it's a double frisbee i mean double cd!"

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »
No David Guetta  :'(

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 04:40:27 AM »

What would you classify it as? I just went by the genre tag on itunes.

I thought it was more of an indie album.  Eh, it's all music so.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 02:07:11 PM »
lets hope
Won’t Back Down Feat. Pink
is on some dre/gwen stefani" let me blow your mind" type of shit
would be tight a pure summer banger

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2010, 04:50:26 PM »
lets hope
Won’t Back Down Feat. Pink
is on some dre/gwen stefani" let me blow your mind" type of shit
would be tight a pure summer banger

For real, duke shoulda got Gwen instead of Rihanna

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:51 AM »
If it's real Em Sold out, he might as well have britney spears on there

you know their both on there doing the hooks; so i can't see them fucking it all up.

& you know if it was some random, no name bitch, who didn't even get the credit "Featuring" on the back cover of the album, nobody would care.

it's a bit selling out, but i'll give the song a chance; both could be the two best songs on there.
if it was a noname with an annoying voice like Rihanna it would have been a problem.
come on Cham, don't act like you're pleased

you know their both on there doing the hooks; so i can't see them fucking it all up.

& you know if it was some random, no name bitch, who didn't even get the credit "Featuring" on the back cover of the album, nobody would care.

it's a bit selling out, but i'll give the song a chance; both could be the two best songs on there.
After all the pop bashing on SSLP & MMLP this is selling out

Thats the fucking truth right there. You cant make a career of dissing pop artists and then have these features!!!

Wayne i could just about swallow if there was a D12 feature or cahsis features or even a 50 feature but pink and Rihanna for fuck sake!! come on now em!!!!
sure, but you can also argue whether he sold out when he dropped The Real Slim Shady.
not that the song was bad, but it went against his principles

i dont see how it's selling out. the song was a parody of how repetitive and annoying pop songs were at the time. it just happen to appeal to the same fan base supporting the songs it was mocking. i would say that was one of his more brilliant moments even if nobody really got it.

let's quit the fables, i'm not going to be able to top a My name is
and get pigeonholed into some poppy sensation, that got me rotation at rock & roll stations

he said he liked Pink though, even in those days & didn't diss her; he targeted Britney, Christina, N'Sync & The Backstreet Boys, along with a few others, but not Pink.

& you consider Russian Roulette "pop"? that's weird.

& Eminem already did a song with Wayne & that turned out fine, not to mention some of you people praised Wayne's verse on the Nas & Damian Marley album, i don't see you guys saying "Nas sold out".

lol @ some of you guys already going against the album because of three features on songs you've never heard.

i'll just assume some of you are upset that he took those features over D-12, Slaughterhouse/Royce & Dre; sure, i'd prefer them too, but i don't need features on an Eminem album anyway, more solo the better.

not to mention, you KNOW Rhianna & Pink will be doing the chorus & Rhianna's hook on "Live Your Life" was loved by everyone, including most of you here.

This is exactly why I'm upset.  I'll still check out the album though.  I think the album may still be good, I just think those guess appearances will most likely be pointless.  I don't care if it was a sell-out move or not.  If the tracks with Pink and Rhianna sound good, then so be it.  I was looking forward to the damn Slaughterhouse song more than any other track though.  It's not that he needed a song with Slaughterhouse for the album to be good.  It just would have been cool.
  What I'm wondering is, does "Recovery" even closely resemble "Relapse 2."  What I'm afraid might have happened was, not only did Em scrap the name "Relapse 2" but he also scrapped most, if not all of the tracks that he recorded when it was still "Relapse 2," in favor of just starting completely over.  If that was the case, I'm wondering if some of the collaborations that were reported to have happened might have gotten scrapped when he changed concepts.
this is exactly what happened, as some of the studio scraps were put on Refill

he said he liked Pink though, even in those days & didn't diss her; he targeted Britney, Christina, N'Sync & The Backstreet Boys, along with a few others, but not Pink.

& Eminem already did a song with Wayne & that turned out fine, not to mention some of you people praised Wayne's verse on the Nas & Damian Marley album, i don't see you guys saying "Nas sold out".

lol @ some of you guys already going against the album because of three features on songs you've never heard.

i'll just assume some of you are upset that he took those features over D-12, Slaughterhouse/Royce & Dre; sure, i'd prefer them too, but i don't need features on an Eminem album anyway, more solo the better.

not to mention, you KNOW Rhianna & Pink will be doing the chorus & Rhianna's hook on "Live Your Life" was loved by everyone, including most of you here.
don't judge a book by it's cover, sure, but do you listen to Rihanna & Pink's music?
you can say "oh it's just a hook" but you don't know their exact involvement, so who's really judging now?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:12:53 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2010, 08:28:39 AM »

don't judge a book by it's cover, sure, but do you listen to Rihanna & Pink's music?
you can say "oh it's just a hook" but you don't know their exact involvement, so who's really judging now?

Rihanna has never bothered me as an artist; her singles are catchy enough for me to listen to now & again.

Pink, no, but i know she's a hardcore badass lol; so i have faith for that song.

both songs could suck, but i'm going to go into it with an open mind. :)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2010, 10:34:37 AM »
^fair enough.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2010, 01:13:51 PM »
I always find it funny how some people can be disappointed by a tracklist. The guest appearances shouldt matter, and none of you know what the songs sound yet so reserve your judgement.

westside159

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
if its real ,  dont like the Pink , lil wayne , rihanna  features ...   but i still wanna hear it

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »

Rihanna has never bothered me as an artist; her singles are catchy enough for me to listen to now & again.

Pink, no, but i know she's a hardcore badass lol; so i have faith for that song.

both songs could suck, but i'm going to go into it with an open mind. :)

LMAO @ going in with an open mind, more like open asshole you EM stan
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Jaydc

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2010, 04:13:28 PM »
LOL @ trhe audacity of long beach iz active to call someone else a stan