Author Topic: AZ fans?  (Read 143 times)

krazyk

• 'G'
  • East, West, every state, c'mon, bury the hate! -MASE
AZ fans?
« on: December 09, 2002, 09:39:42 PM »
any AZ fans in here? i just recently got into him, of course i've heard his verse on Lifes a Bitch which is amazing, but i never heard much about him after that... recently copped Aziatic, a very tight album in my mind, in my top 10 of 2002 for sure.  The production has a soulful feel to it, and AZ is very talented.  I just can't believe he isn't more well-known.  Any insights?
"Get my drink on, and my smoke on, then go home with somethin to poke on"- Dr. Dre

West Coast Veteran

Re:AZ fans?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 10:10:53 PM »
AZiatic is one of my fav albums this year. I got his debut which I consider near classic, Pieces of A Man and his latest. Very underrated. Lyrically one of the illest right now. No one pays attention because he doesn't sell so he's always overlooked when best lyricist topics come up. I even forget him.

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:AZ fans?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 04:40:03 AM »
I got his debut which I consider near classic...

Same here. I was hoping he would turn up on "God's Son", was quite dissapointed to see he wasn't featured, still "AZitiac" was a dope enough installment from him this yr, i'd say this is his second best album so far, "Fan Mail" being my fav. track.  

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.