Author Topic: Will anybody EVER step to the beatles?  (Read 950 times)

Don Breezio

Re: Will anybody EVER step to the beatles?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2004, 11:08:35 AM »
i agree with you entirely trauma....me and my roommate were talking about this yesterday actually....seriously....when we're all older (say our parents age...40's or 50's)....what bands are still going to be talked about....none. i cant think of any bands that have just the all around full package that will be talked about for decades....theres bands that i will listen to for years to come (coldplay, oasis, snow patrol, keane, modest mouse, u2, etc....) but none of those will still be talked about 30 years from now (maybe u2 but they are kinda slowly fading away...even though how to dismantle an atomic bomb was a great album).

as far as rock n roll goes personally i think its just kind of dying....all of the great bands out now are either bands that were big 10 years ago and are still kinda there...or they are referred to as "indie" and arent getting any publicity or anything. instead you turn on mtv and see the latest britney spears, linkin park (who i like), and justin timberlake video....not to mention the constant plague of new american idol 'stars' and 'teen sensations'

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2004, 11:10:42 AM »
i think its dying.. cause they just cant be good enough to compete with the greats..

Don Breezio

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2004, 11:15:49 AM »
i think its dying.. cause they just cant be good enough to compete with the greats..

see i dont agree with that.....you dont think coldplay or dave matthews or even a lesser known band like death cab for cutie have just as much talent and just as good of songs?

i like the beatles a lot....they have some amazing songs....but there are bands out there that can compete with them....

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2004, 11:24:23 AM »
Fuck the beatles. That is some shit crackas praise, like Elvis, music with no soul.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2004, 11:30:51 AM »
^ sickmy duck.. ur just an idiot.. luke.. see i dont think they can.. see the beatles had it all.. they were the 1st to try so muich shit.. they had a great mix of talent.. ringo wasnt the best at drumming, paul and john, esp john, were amazing at singing and writing songs, harrison on the guitar, pauls bass.. their ability to compose such great music.. i cant see many bands that are out now competing.. i mean.. i only listened to 8 beatles albums and they are all amzing.. and all so different.. unless bands start to learn to play instruments better and write better music and lyrics and try to strart building a legacy by doing something original (very rare now).. aint nobody even coming close

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2004, 11:32:04 AM »
i agree with you jake about how influencial sabbath was.

Don Breezio

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2004, 11:41:11 AM »
^ sickmy duck.. ur just an idiot.. luke.. see i dont think they can.. see the beatles had it all.. they were the 1st to try so muich shit.. they had a great mix of talent.. ringo wasnt the best at drumming, paul and john, esp john, were amazing at singing and writing songs, harrison on the guitar, pauls bass.. their ability to compose such great music.. i cant see many bands that are out now competing.. i mean.. i only listened to 8 beatles albums and they are all amzing.. and all so different.. unless bands start to learn to play instruments better and write better music and lyrics and try to strart building a legacy by doing something original (very rare now).. aint nobody even coming close

wow sick my duck....that was so lame i cant even think of a reply to that....whatever

white boy - ....the thing is...bands like....lets use death cab for cutie as an example....not because they are any better than the others i listed but because they are a lesser known band and yet i feel they still have just as much talent...

i have seen them live twice, i own all of their albums (theres like 8 or 9 of them)....and every single one of them is good....they are incredible live...i dont know one band out right now that can convey as much emotion in their music as they can. ben gibbards voice is incredible. he is an amazing writer. this band has everything the beatles had as far as talent and great songs goes except 1 thing....fame.

i could say the exact same thing for atleast 10 other bands out there but unfortunately those bands would be pretty well unknown...i dont think the problem is that bands dont have enough talent....but that the mainstream has no demand for any amount of talent.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2004, 12:01:05 PM »
^ tell me their 3 bestest songs

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2004, 12:18:21 PM »
i agree with you entirely trauma....me and my roommate were talking about this yesterday actually....seriously....when we're all older (say our parents age...40's or 50's)....what bands are still going to be talked about....none. i cant think of any bands that have just the all around full package that will be talked about for decades....theres bands that i will listen to for years to come (coldplay, oasis, snow patrol, keane, modest mouse, u2, etc....) but none of those will still be talked about 30 years from now (maybe u2 but they are kinda slowly fading away...even though how to dismantle an atomic bomb was a great album).

as far as rock n roll goes personally i think its just kind of dying....all of the great bands out now are either bands that were big 10 years ago and are still kinda there...or they are referred to as "indie" and arent getting any publicity or anything. instead you turn on mtv and see the latest britney spears, linkin park (who i like), and justin timberlake video....not to mention the constant plague of new american idol 'stars' and 'teen sensations'

U2 will be remembered in 30 years. Particularly if Bono keeps up his charity work. It's not like when the Beatles broke up they stopped everything. Lennon continued his quest and McCartney still recorded and toured, and Harrison formed a super group in the late 80s with Orbison, Dylan, Petty, and Lynn. I could see Nirvana being remembered and talked about in 30 yeas. A lot of the kids that Cobain influenced will be in high power positions and make sure of it. Much like Beatles fans are now. Metallica probably will too. If GnR kept going they probably would have been too. If the Peppers pull out one more come back they'll be remembered too.

Don Breezio

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2004, 12:46:26 PM »

narrowing it to 3 is tough but i'll do my best...these are in no particular order

the new year
transatlanticism
we looked like giants
a movie script ending
steadier footing
all is full of love (bjork cover....cool version...bjorks is still better)

those are my favorites even though there are more than 3....if you really are looking to check them out download the latest cd "transatlanticism"...its incredible

shallow....i agree about nirvana....to a point....i think the real reason nirvana will still be talked about is because of the fact that they were huge for a few years and then kurt cobain killed himself. but what im talking about is bands that are still making music today....there arent that many that will still be talked about.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2004, 01:09:09 PM »

narrowing it to 3 is tough but i'll do my best...these are in no particular order

the new year
transatlanticism
we looked like giants
a movie script ending
steadier footing
all is full of love (bjork cover....cool version...bjorks is still better)

those are my favorites even though there are more than 3....if you really are looking to check them out download the latest cd "transatlanticism"...its incredible

shallow....i agree about nirvana....to a point....i think the real reason nirvana will still be talked about is because of the fact that they were huge for a few years and then kurt cobain killed himself. but what im talking about is bands that are still making music today....there arent that many that will still be talked about.

But there aren't that many from then that are still talked about today anyway. You got the Beatles, Zeppelin, Sabbath, the Stones (if they count since they still make music sometimes). To a lesser extent there's the Doors, the Who, and Pink Floyd. Does anyone in the general public remember Strawberry Alarm Clock, the Dave Clark 5, BTO, Kansas, Boston, or about a hundred other forgotten bands? We'll only see a select few rise above the times and stay relevent. U2 has been going strong for 20+ years. Metallica is still loved. As for the recent bands, well time will tell who will rise. The White Stripes get all the critcal acclaim. There is a chance Jack White could blow up in some regard. And who knows what else is on the way in the next few years. The bands seem to be making a come back. All it takes is for one or two to break out like the Stones and Beatles did in the early 60s.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2004, 01:09:39 PM »
So overated , so overated . Just like the SmilE album

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2004, 02:13:18 PM »
^ beatles are.. i agree the smile album is overated.. i dont like it at all .. and i love pet sounds.. but beatles overated is a joke of a statement

Trauma-san

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2004, 04:23:40 PM »

see i dont agree with that.....you dont think coldplay or dave matthews or even a lesser known band like death cab for cutie have just as much talent and just as good of songs?

i like the beatles a lot....they have some amazing songs....but there are bands out there that can compete with them....

You really think coldplay and dave matthews have songs that equal the Beatles?  "All you Need Is Love" is greater than their combined catalogues, and that's just 1 song out of dozens that are perfect. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2004, 08:50:48 PM »
Fuck the beatles. That is some shit crackas praise, like Elvis, music with no soul.

Dumbass post of the week.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris