Author Topic: Will anybody EVER step to the beatles?  (Read 946 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Will anybody EVER step to the beatles?
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2004, 09:09:53 PM »
i bought the beatles greatest hits with the number 1 on the cover. nothin special about them. kinda get the impression that they were the n sync of their time.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2004, 12:25:34 AM »
i bought the beatles greatest hits with the number 1 on the cover. nothin special about them. kinda get the impression that they were the n sync of their time.

if you are trying to judge a band, never get a greatest hits let alone 27 #1 singles on a cd.  Buy Abbey Road and find out if you still think they were the n sync of their time.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2004, 05:45:17 AM »
I'd take Bone in the mid-90's over the Beatles anyday.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2004, 08:19:22 AM »

but you're an idiot so no-one cares... ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2004, 09:57:08 AM »
wow .. people are funny.. but i dont like greatest hits cds.. me.. personally. out of the 9 albums i listened to.. there are over 30 great songs, and a like 10 that are purely amazing, luke. that band is in noway on beatles level... music, voices, are just not that good...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2004, 09:34:09 PM »

I doubt everyone on this forum has been bumpin the Beatles ahead of their favorite rap groups.  Get real.  So maybe Trauma's for real, but there's no way anyone can convince me that I'm the only one at this hip-hop forum who doesn't put the Beatles ahead of their favorite rap group.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 09:36:00 PM by Hip-Hop Is Dead »

Woodrow

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2004, 09:35:42 PM »
I doubt everyone on this forum has been bumpin the Beatles ahead of their favorite rap groups.  Get real.  So maybe Trauma's for real, but there's no way anyone can convince me that I'm the only one at this hip-hop forum who doesn't put their favorite rap groups ahead of the Beatles.
You fucking nerd.

Really.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2004, 09:37:50 PM »

I doubt everyone on this forum has been bumpin the Beatles ahead of their favorite rap groups.  Get real.  So maybe Trauma's for real, but there's no way anyone can convince me that I'm the only one at this hip-hop forum who doesn't put the Beatles ahead of their favorite rap group.
its ok, i place my dog above you.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2004, 10:58:14 PM »

yeah and you got to realize that just about everyone on this board are a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds and if they're ot 15 or 16 they still think they are

the thing about people like you is  YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND MUSIC  that isn't rap, all these kids running around saying "adults dont' understand hip hop that's why they don't like it" well the same applies for you too. i use to run around saying stupid shit like "fuck anything that has guitars and drums sets in it" but then as i got older i had an epiphany and got an open mind and now i'd rather listen to dark side of the moon rathe than listen to the chronic....i'd rather listen to the white album as opposed to jay-z's black album (metallica has the REAL black album btw)

it's about maturity, when i think about rap all it bascially is as a whole and from where it started from is party music, when it gets serious and deep it's applaudable and great  but you got to understand that there are deeper artists out there than 2pac, there are better political figures out there in music than chuck d, there are better word smiths than Rakim, there are better producers out there than dre and premo

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2004, 11:16:39 PM »
can we stop this thread already? i'ts been at the top of the list for like a week now
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2004, 03:11:18 AM »

yeah and you got to realize that just about everyone on this board are a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds and if they're ot 15 or 16 they still think they are

the thing about people like you is  YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND MUSIC  that isn't rap, all these kids running around saying "adults dont' understand hip hop that's why they don't like it" well the same applies for you too. i use to run around saying stupid shit like "fuck anything that has guitars and drums sets in it" but then as i got older i had an epiphany and got an open mind and now i'd rather listen to dark side of the moon rathe than listen to the chronic....i'd rather listen to the white album as opposed to jay-z's black album (metallica has the REAL black album btw)

it's about maturity, when i think about rap all it bascially is as a whole and from where it started from is party music, when it gets serious and deep it's applaudable and great  but you got to understand that there are deeper artists out there than 2pac, there are better political figures out there in music than chuck d, there are better word smiths than Rakim, there are better producers out there than dre and premo

This is a blatant fallacy, borderline racist, and definitely prejudice.  One becoming a more frequent listener of Rock and Roll music has absolutely nothing to do with one's "maturity".  In America, we have a deep history of racism that dates all the way back to commiting genocide on the Indians, to enslaving blacks, and the current war against Arabs.  If you notice the general nature of white men is distrust.  On the opposite extreme, sometimes African's trust too soon, and get taken advantage of.  Look at Africans, they are quick to permenantly accept other cultures, art forms, and ways of life.  A good example of this, is the fact that West Africa actually made it over to America before Spain. 

The West African Leader, Mansa Musa used to send many ships over to America, long before the genocides of Columbus.  But rather than conquering the indigenous natives, Africans mixed with the indigenous population, and there is proof of this in the history books, and still now today, Native American Indians have a history of West African words in their languages, proof is that some of our cities and states are named with names imported from West Africa and the Moors (Moreskos).  (California-Khalifa, Hon-o-lulu, Hawiai, Koran Lousiana, Mecca California, etc.)  Whites named these cities and states with the same names that the Native population was already using at that time. 

Yet, then you see the downside of African's natural instinct to trust other cultures.  The West Africans who were imported into America as slaves, you see now how they have accepted all the habits of drug abuse, alcoholism, classism, racism, from imitating their oppressor.  An example of this is when free slaves were given the oppurtunity to be leaders in Liberia, West Africa, and they treated the natives of that land, their former brothers and sisters and tribesmen, as inferior, and they were highly oppressive. This is the effects of the racism being projected onto them as African Americans.  There former brothers and sisters still living in places like Senegal, a major port city, show none of these characteristics that are prevelant in African Americans.

Now, through hip-hop culture (breaking, grafiti, dj, mc), African American's were able to carve their own culture out of the diaspora of America.  Rather than openly accepting this beautiful culture from African Americans, racist whites view it as an immature phase, and an inferior form of art.  They forget that it was these same African Americans that created Rock and Roll in the first place, before whites stole and manipulated that culture away from them.

I'm only being real.  That's cool that you love Rock and Roll, but please don't identify it as being the "mature" form of music.  This only displays either A) your lack of culture or B) the most shameful, fanatical, fawning, sycophantic love of whites. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 03:15:26 AM by Hip-Hop Is Dead »

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2004, 04:16:18 AM »
can we stop this thread already? i'ts been at the top of the list for like a week now

That's because people want to reply to it... why are you telling them to stop? Obviously they are replying because they want to. You're an idiot. If you're not interested, don't fucking click on it.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2004, 04:23:41 AM »
i actually agree with hip hop is dead...to pass off your personal prefrences as fact is prejudice. To even go as far a to say that Jay-z cant have a cd called The Black Album beause Metallica does is borderline racist.. Which is kinda funny cause it was officially just self-titled(Metallica-Metallia) its called that only cause the cover is black. " there are better political figures out there in music than chuck d"...How do you prove such a statement? Hip Hop/Rap may not be a mature art form in your eyes but clearly around here it is. We all have diffrent tastes and opinions on music but thats all they are... Opinions. You want One persons veiw on whats right or wrong or what music is relevant move to China or N.Korea.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 04:49:21 AM by ReLentLess »

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2004, 06:03:25 AM »

the thing about people like you is YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND MUSIC that isn't rap, all these kids running around saying "adults dont' understand hip hop that's why they don't like it" well the same applies for you too. i use to run around saying stupid shit like "fuck anything that has guitars and drums sets in it" but then as i got older i had an epiphany and got an open mind and now i'd rather listen to dark side of the moon rathe than listen to the chronic....i'd rather listen to the white album as opposed to jay-z's black album (metallica has the REAL black album btw)

it's about maturity, when i think about rap all it bascially is as a whole and from where it started from is party music, when it gets serious and deep it's applaudable and great but you got to understand that there are deeper artists out there than 2pac, there are better political figures out there in music than chuck d, there are better word smiths than Rakim, there are better producers out there than dre and premo
basically what happened to me... but in general, i think most people, as they get older, will grow from rap, because most of it is very childish, espesially the comercial and gangsta rap, like after years and years, many will get tired as fuck of it..

Trauma-san

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2004, 07:11:32 AM »
I dunno if they will man.  There's an old saying, Women grow up, men just get older.