Author Topic: Where's the Music?  (Read 577 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Where's the Music?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2002, 01:02:46 AM »
^^ We can only hope... I can honestly say that Nirvana was NEAR the level of the beatles, in that they totally changed music, that guy left a mark.  

Only reason i'm complaining is it looks like music's gonna get 'changed' all right, but into britney/christina/nsync crap.  

Luckily, the last few months, there's been a positive sign on the horizon.  Christina Britney J Lo, etc. all making a living looking like sluts, but look at the new girls out... Avril Lavigne, what's that little girl that sings a couple songs, starts with an M.... then there's that chick that plays  piano.  They've all came along, writing their own songs, and just being cool, and respectful, don't have to sell their bodies to make money.  That's refreshing to me, maybe they'll usher in another age of singer songwriters.

But remember, they tried this a few years back, when Fiona Apple showed up... she was gonna change music, but it never happened (I liked both her cd's, though, she's awesome).  

bez

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2002, 05:34:08 AM »
Lately I been listening to the old school shit.

Billy Joel
Sting
Michael jackson

The music is so much better than some of the shit we get these days.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2002, 07:08:01 AM »
The thing with artists from back in the day is that back then it wasn't that hard to be original because there was room for alot of different styles to be invented, nowadays it's all been done before so there's very few and very rare cases where someone comes out and does something truely original, but when it does happen it's a great thing. It's good that people are finally beginning to appreciate older styles of music but sometimes people expect way too much from new music I feel.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.