Author Topic: Was Regulate the biggest westcoast song of the 90s  (Read 1248 times)

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
Re: Was Regulate the biggest westcoast song of the 90s
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 01:17:41 AM »
Response to thread title: WHO CARES
lol funny when people say shit like this

doggfather

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »
one of them...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 02:34:23 AM »
I reckon its Whats My Name by Snoop Dogg, I grew on that tape

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 03:02:20 AM »
Gangstas Paradise for sure.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

ikke

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 05:11:31 AM »
besides the fresh prnce theme Can't touch this is the biggest hip-hop hit ever

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
1.regulate
2.gangsters paradise
3.nuthin but a g thang
4.i got 5 on it

damn tuff 1  but regulate is the best song IMO
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »
i swear i thought this was about the biggest song yet people name'n they favorites and what's the dopest to them hahaha, baby got bacc been in hella commercials movies,as well as can't touch this,and cali love and gangsta's paradise yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

ikke

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
i swear i thought this was about the biggest song yet people name'n they favorites and what's the dopest to them hahaha, baby got bacc been in hella commercials movies,as well as can't touch this,and cali love and gangsta's paradise yell
Yes my equal, yell

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »

word. people don't want to admit that a corny pop song was the biggest hit from the west

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
which song tho?
and whats considered the biggest hit?
isnt the song wit the most play the best vs sales?

word. people don't want to admit that a corny pop song was the biggest hit from the west
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »
which song tho?

Both U Can't Touch This and Baby Got Back have transcended hip hop to the point where any non-hip hop fan will have heard of them. They still get play at radio, clubs, weddings, etc. to this day. It shouldn't even be a question that they are bigger.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
they get more play but are they better in terms of muzik and more CLASSIC?
no way

which song tho?

Both U Can't Touch This and Baby Got Back have transcended hip hop to the point where any non-hip hop fan will have heard of them. They still get play at radio, clubs, weddings, etc. to this day. It shouldn't even be a question that they are bigger.
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 12:34:17 AM »
they get more play but are they better in terms of muzik and more CLASSIC?
no way
What the hell does "more classic" even mean? A hit is a fucking hit, man. Calling in artistic merit because some cheesy one-hit wonder has stood out more than something Pac or Cube or even Dre did is a little weak.

Question I'd like to know is are we talking about what song from the 90's was biggest then or has managed to stay big through out the years because it's two different conversations? Either way, it ain't "Regulate".

Jaydc

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 12:39:22 AM »
Yeah the terms of what we are discussing isnt actually clear.I mean if getting spins at weddings and being used a novelty is the factor then yes baby got back is among the biggest lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
Yeah the terms of what we are discussing isnt actually clear.I mean if getting spins at weddings and being used a novelty is the factor then yes baby got back is among the biggest lol.

Lol, you're exactly what I meant when I said people don't want to give credit to certain songs. Maybe you don't like the song but I don't think novelty has anything do to with it. How do you define what is a novelty and what isn't? Michael Jackson gets played at weddings at well, are you going to call his music a novelty? If you think one song is better than another that's entirely your opinion and has nothing to do with the basis of this thread.

Gangsta rap because incredibly popular because white suburban kids thought it was cool. Non-gangsters making songs about being gangsters for shock value isn't any less of a novelty than a guy talking about girls with big butts. At least Sir Mix a Lot was honest ya know?