Author Topic: Ice Cube says Nipsey Hussle is the only New West rapper he mess with (audio)  (Read 5355 times)

Nipsey_Promo

• Lil Geezy
Other than Cube's two sons, he mentions that the only other "new west" rapper he's feelin is Nipsey Hussle. Click the link for the audio.
http://www.cassaundrachristmas.com/?p=5374

SAINTX111

• 'G'
Cube is doing these crybabies a favor by even explaining himself. This goes unsaid along with his commentary on the issue(s). I mean, bottom line, the bar has been set real low to compensate for the severe lack of talent today. And the sales reflect it. They do all this marketing to try and make people believe these new guys are stars already when they're not. They're not even going gold and companies are investing more money than they're making in hopes to catch a break. BULLSHIT. The kind of garbage that passes for music now is incredible. You couldn't even get an audition with that shit in the 90's and before. Now its commonplace.

Triple OG Rapsodie

"if I ain't hearing you, you ain't making noise"

"you shouldn't have to go find somebody to see if they're dope. People should be coming, telling you "you gotta hear this shit, this motherfucker dope". I ain't gonna be on the internet all day looking for who's fresh so I can help em"

I kinda get what he's saying. I think the issue is that Cube isn't on the internet forums like us so he has no idea who most of these dudes are. Just like if you ask your average hip hop fan who Bishop Lamont is, they're gonna be like "who the fuck is that?"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
jay rock sounds like a low budget version of game, i wouldnt acknowledge his contribution either.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"if I ain't hearing you, you ain't making noise"

"you shouldn't have to go find somebody to see if they're dope. People should be coming, telling you "you gotta hear this shit, this motherfucker dope". I ain't gonna be on the internet all day looking for who's fresh so I can help em"

I kinda get what he's saying. I think the issue is that Cube isn't on the internet forums like us so he has no idea who most of these dudes are. Just like if you ask your average hip hop fan who Bishop Lamont is, they're gonna be like "who the fuck is that?"

For real Cube stating the truth their

DTG Entertainment

I think Cube is just playing this thing out. He always comes out saying this and that when it's time to pop out an album. Personally, @SaintX11 - you said they drop and don't go gold? Why do you say that? No major rap artist in the West Coast outside of Game, E-40, The Dogg Pound, and Snoop Dogg has really even dropped an album. Almost, everyone is eating off mixtapes, features, or selling drugs. A lot of West Coast artists get blacklisted because of these big names such as Ice Cube or they get signed to bullshit deals which will never produce an album - G Malone for example. So, it's just a fucked up situation as is but then again, why bother explaining game to a lame?

About Cube saying if he ain't hearing you, then you ain't making noise. Guys, I hate to break it to you but Ice Cube isn't an A & R. They do talent scouting, that's not Ice Cube's job. His job is to make records, and do songs for losers on message boards and in other countries. Ice Cube will always have an international fanbase, but stateside - I don't believe too many people even know he's putting out a new record. So, let's say, if some big shot in Japan's music scene hasn't heard of Ice Cube, does that mean he's not making noise? Obviously, he's still making noise just not where they are at. It's like asking if a tree falls in the woods, and no one's around to hear it, does it make noise? Of course it fucking does! You motherfuckers act like Ice Cube is God incarnated. Ice Cube isn't a fan, he's a rapper. So, his opinion in my eyes, is irrelevant on the who's doing what matter.

What I want to know is why do you ignorant ass idiots buy into this shit?

DTG Entertainment

Also, for the record, let me say it Nipsey's cool and all, but he ain't my type of rapper.

Jaydc

I think Cube is just playing this thing out. He always comes out saying this and that when it's time to pop out an album. Personally, @SaintX11 - you said they drop and don't go gold? Why do you say that? No major rap artist in the West Coast outside of Game, E-40, The Dogg Pound, and Snoop Dogg has really even dropped an album. Almost, everyone is eating off mixtapes, features, or selling drugs. A lot of West Coast artists get blacklisted because of these big names such as Ice Cube or they get signed to bullshit deals which will never produce an album - G Malone for example. So, it's just a fucked up situation as is but then again, why bother explaining game to a lame?

About Cube saying if he ain't hearing you, then you ain't making noise. Guys, I hate to break it to you but Ice Cube isn't an A & R. They do talent scouting, that's not Ice Cube's job. His job is to make records, and do songs for losers on message boards and in other countries. Ice Cube will always have an international fanbase, but stateside - I don't believe too many people even know he's putting out a new record. So, let's say, if some big shot in Japan's music scene hasn't heard of Ice Cube, does that mean he's not making noise? Obviously, he's still making noise just not where they are at. It's like asking if a tree falls in the woods, and no one's around to hear it, does it make noise? Of course it fucking does! You motherfuckers act like Ice Cube is God incarnated. Ice Cube isn't a fan, he's a rapper. So, his opinion in my eyes, is irrelevant on the who's doing what matter.

This.Its obvious Ice cube is milking this new west thing for everything its worth to draw attention to his album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What Cube's saying is relevant to the situation though. The rappers are getting made at Cube for not supporting them, but he doesn't know who they are? So how can he support them. Obivously it's not black and white like that, but as you said, Cube isn't an A&R, so he's not gonna know every up and coming rapper. He's not looking to sign anyone so he's not looking to the streets, he's doing him so it's likely the only ish he'll hear will be shit thats making alotta noise ala Drake and Wayne.

Either way, this old west new west shit is bullshit, but the Coast was built off beef so if it helps launch some new cats careers or brings some attention to them sweet as

Jaydc

And for the record nipsey sucks.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Clearly Cube isn't as big as he once was. But people still know who he is. They know him from all his old shit and he's on tv promoting his new shit, a lot of people know he has music coming out. You can't compare that to a myspace rapper who 99% of hip hop fans have never heard of before. Why would you expect Cube to cosign someone he has never heard music from? His position makes sense to me. The only reason Snoop is more involved with new artists is because he IS the guy trying to be an A & R like you describe.

OG Hack Wilson

who gives a fucc about Cube anymore, dude is in family movies now
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cube isn't wrong at all.  He doesn't have to co-sign anyone.

I just laugh at him talking about MCs making moves and creating a buzz yet co-signs his sons (who nobody knows who they are besides the fact they're his sons) and nipsey hussle who isn't buzzing outside the west coast and probably really isn't buzzing that much in the west coast, aside from Cali.

I don't like any of them.

The only west coast artist I bump today are Bishop Lamont, Game, New Royales, & Blu.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

Cube isn't wrong at all.  He doesn't have to co-sign anyone.

I just laugh at him talking about MCs making moves and creating a buzz yet co-signs his sons (who nobody knows who they are besides the fact they're his sons) and nipsey hussle who isn't buzzing outside the west coast and probably really isn't buzzing that much in the west coast, aside from Cali.

I don't like any of them.

The only west coast artist I bump today are Bishop Lamont, Game, New Royales, & Blu.

Do new royales have a lot of material out?Hook a brother up

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

who gives a fucc about Cube anymore, dude is in family movies now

apparently you the only one that don't lmao........ ;)