Author Topic: Crooked I - Hood Star Tracklist  (Read 5346 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Crooked I - Hood Star Tracklist
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »
why the fuck couldnt they have put that on the album

dumb ass motherfuckers
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Quadruple OG

« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
don't think it would have mattered which version of House Party was released, it would have been a hit had it been released back in '02 or '03. People behind the scenes were pushing for that song to be released as a single.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2010, 04:32:34 PM »

so damn hood>>>>house party
house party is different but so damn hood would have worked better as a single IMO

don't think it would have mattered which version of House Party was released, it would have been a hit had it been released back in '02 or '03. People behind the scenes were pushing for that song to be released as a single.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
Legendz Music Collection >>> Death Row (& Def Jam's) vaults

Lmao.............i wish but its decent enuff  ;)

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »
So Damn Hood was released as a single, it didnt catch on. House Party and Gd Up and Banged Out had hit potential IMO.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Quadruple OG

« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »

house party is different but so damn hood would have worked better as a single IMO

There's no way "So Damn Hood" would have been a better single in '02 than "House Party".

1) Sisqo's popularity was fading pretty fast by the time the single would have dropped. Sisqo was played out before the song premiered on Hot 97. People would have looked at Sisqo in the same light as Ja Rule right after 50 Cent blew up

2) Ray J had a pretty decent hit with "Wait a minute" during the summer and fall of '01. He was still marketable, actually even more marketable since he was now known more for his music rather than being Brandy's brother

3) The vibe of "House Party" would have fit the rap music scene in that time. "So Damn Hood" sounded out of place (it's a good song, but as a marketable single it stood out). In that time, a track like "House Party", which was more laid back, would have been a much more successful single than "So Damn Hood", which clubs probably wouldn't play.

If "House Party" dropped in the spring of 2002, we would see a legit Death Row Crooked I album being released worldwide that would have been successful.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2010, 06:57:43 PM »

There's no way "So Damn Hood" would have been a better single in '02 than "House Party".

1) Sisqo's popularity was fading pretty fast by the time the single would have dropped. Sisqo was played out before the song premiered on Hot 97. People would have looked at Sisqo in the same light as Ja Rule right after 50 Cent blew up

2) Ray J had a pretty decent hit with "Wait a minute" during the summer and fall of '01. He was still marketable, actually even more marketable since he was now known more for his music rather than being Brandy's brother

3) The vibe of "House Party" would have fit the rap music scene in that time. "So Damn Hood" sounded out of place (it's a good song, but as a marketable single it stood out). In that time, a track like "House Party", which was more laid back, would have been a much more successful single than "So Damn Hood", which clubs probably wouldn't play.

If "House Party" dropped in the spring of 2002, we would see a legit Death Row Crooked I album being released worldwide that would have been successful.

i play House Party now for people (as if it's new) and they love it

i concur with reality check
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2010, 07:17:45 PM »
So Damn Hood was released as a single, it didnt catch on. House Party and Gd Up and Banged Out had hit potential IMO.

Exactly, "So Damn Hood" was played on Hot 97 and just didn't take off like they wanted it to.

It was never one of my favorite Crooked I songs, but I do appreciate it for what it is.

And you're right, "House Party" has club banger written all over it, such a great song.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »
The west was dead in 2002. None of these songs had potential.

Rodger Ramrod

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »
we want untouchable.

EFFeX

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2010, 08:18:02 PM »

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2010, 08:39:24 PM »
Third that, Untouchable, Sneed and Pac are all I need from WA and im good.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
so who produced what track??
can we get break down of producers? ???

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
i like both songs but i guess House Party would've mo potential as a Single

V2DHeart

« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »
Legendz Music Collection >>> Death Row (& Def Jam's) vaults

Lmao.............i wish but its decent enuff  ;)

Unreleased stuff you have doesn't hold much value, and will siphon out eventually, as some has, but the physical rarities you have, I'd keep on to them as some can fetch a good amount. I know 3 items in particular that you have (1 you already mentioned to me yourself) that can fetch a good amount if kept and not shoved onto some bidding site

Like Giesuz said, House Party could have had potential as a single. I actually pictured a clean version of this track with altered lyrics for radio. Could have been a decent mid-card hit on the radio's to put a project to gold status, a status Death Row badly needed at the time
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>