Author Topic: Crooked I - Hood Star Tracklist  (Read 5294 times)

Jaydc

Re: Crooked I - Hood Star Tracklist
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »
It might be true.i mean,the fact that the tracklist is almost identical to the bootleg makes be believe that they knew of the bootleg and just used the tracks from it because thats all they had available

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »
This is so fucking retarded. Hyland doesnt know what hes doing, but obviously he must have SOME sense. I mean come on, why would someone put out released tracks, surely he must know that they have been released. I dont think Wideawake they are that stupid. There must be a logical explanation for it. But the fucker has even blocked his name out on the WA forums. Next line up after this is probably sneed.

There is, but it's beyond the comprehension of the average fan. There's two reasons why we are getting shitty quality tracks and already released ones.

Is Hyland really still the one calling the shots on the track lists?  I know that assertion has been made before, but someone named Sonya Pead is being credited as the "Project Manager."  If Hyland is in charge of putting together the track lists, then all of these already-leaked tracks conveniently showing up on here would at least make sense in a way.  If it's not Hyland who's choosing the tracks, the only other possibility I can think of for them choosing these tracks, is that whoever is choosing is not spending any time familiarizing themselves with what has and has not leaked.  Either way, there's really no excuse for it, when they had plenty of unleaked Crooked I material
to choose from.
Hyland helped them catalog and did choose a lot of tracklistings such as Lost Sessions. I wouldn't doubt he did it for Hoodstar. Hyland calls a lot of the shots up there due to he hugs Robert Thompson's nuts like no other and the idiot accepts the fag for what it is.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »
WideAwake is a fucking joke and a disgrace, a slap in the face of any true DR fan.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »
Did the full version of "Bang On 'Em" ever come out?

Not that shitty version with Daz, the proper one that came out as a snippet about 10 years ago?

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
It might be true.i mean,the fact that the tracklist is almost identical to the bootleg makes be believe that they knew of the bootleg and just used the tracks from it because thats all they had available

if you only knew jay if u only knew lol....

Nega-Sikotic 2.0.

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »

Knew what? Dat LSN and Hyland r fuckin butt buddies? & a majority of the songs on WA's albums are from hylands and LSN stash?

JohnnyL

« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »
 It's just a shame that someone can't take control of the company who knows what they're doing.  The people who have it now are totally disinterested in even having it.  In fact, they want out.  Having people like that at the helm is probably never going to yield great releases. 

MarshColin

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »
What a bunch of morons. Their fanbase is already so small because everybody forgot about Death Row and nobody except the die hards give a fuck anymore, and they put out shit like this that is a slap in the face to the few fans they have remaining. The only thing we can hope for is better mixing and a proper mastering job but I'm not holding my breath. With Hutch, I guess there is a little hope since he did a great job IMO with Dead Man Walking and some other releases while he was at Death Row.

And as for Danny Boy replacing Ray-J on that track, I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that he could've recorded that last month for all we know since he is in tight with WideAwake. I can definitely see them having no paperwork to clear Ray-J so they hollered at DB to replace him.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2010, 11:13:53 AM »

Knew what? Dat LSN and Hyland r fuckin butt buddies? & a majority of the songs on WA's albums are from hylands and LSN stash?

LOL!

With all due respect but people who have been able to obtain certain DR material before anyone else need to stfu and chill and be happy about what they got. No need to flaunt or whatever just be happy about it point period.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

EFFeX

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2010, 11:50:58 AM »
Did the full version of "Bang On 'Em" ever come out?

Not that shitty version with Daz, the proper one that came out as a snippet about 10 years ago?

Nope, neither did Crook Show or Raw Dawgs

EFFeX

« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »
The only thing we can hope for is better mixing and a proper mastering job but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure how much better mixing and mastering can be done with MP3s.  :-X

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2010, 12:01:42 PM »
this tracklist is the worst case i even could imagine. i don't know in which world WA are living but it`s not on our planet. the tracklist is almost identical to the bootlegs
agreed

why didn't they just save "real thugs" for this and put a known Crooked track on the ultimate death row cd last november

this probably won't get my sale since the money won't go to Crook
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

hobomotel

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2010, 12:05:44 PM »
what era is Real Thugs from anyway?

EFFeX

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »
this tracklist is the worst case i even could imagine. i don't know in which world WA are living but it`s not on our planet. the tracklist is almost identical to the bootlegs
agreed

why didn't they just save "real thugs" for this and put a known Crooked track on the ultimate death row cd last november

this probably won't get my sale since the money won't go to Crook

Same thing with "Do It Again", that should have been on "Hood Star" as well, but you know... that would make sense.  :-\

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »
So did lavi take the catalogue with her?

It's a rumor I have heard, and I believe it to be very true.

How do you take a whole catalogue ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson