Author Topic: Nas Plans To Release "Lost Tapes" Sequels  (Read 582 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Nas Plans To Release "Lost Tapes" Sequels
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »
Nas may have just released his collaborative album with Damian 'Jr. Gong' Marley, but he's already thinking about moving on to the next one. In an interview with Bootleg Kev on KVegas' Hot 97.5, Nas explained that he's got enough unreleased material lying around to release two sequels to his classic 'The Lost Tapes,' a compilation of leftover songs released in 2002.

'I do got a lot of songs that really didn't make no album, that are just sitting around, that got lost,' he said. 'So I got enough actually for a Lost Tapes 2 and 3 by now. So I just got to set it up, put them together, 12 songs for one album, 12 songs for another and figure it out. That's all it takes. I hope you see a Lost Tapes 2 and 3.'

The sequels would be the fourth and fifth compilation albums to be added to his discography, preceded by '02's 'From Illmatic to Stillmatic: The Remixes,' 'The Lost Tapes' and '07's 'Greatest Hits.' The original 'Lost Tapes' included tracks recorded during his sessions for 'I Am...' and 'Stillmatic,' boasting production from the Alchemist, Rockwilder, Kanye West and Trackmasters.

Nas recently released 'Distant Relatives', his first full-length outing recorded exclusively with another artist. The album, which debuted at number five on the Billboard 200, moved 57,000 copies in its first week and has already spawned the singles 'As We Enter' and 'Strong Will Continue'. The pair is currently wrapping up their Stateside tour before heading overseas for a European leg in July.

StevenQBosell

Re: Nas Plans To Release "Lost Tapes" Sequels
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:50:41 PM »
Hell yeahm part 1 was slamming, one of Nas' best actual albums, bring em on.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »
some of the best nas material ever is on the lost tapes so a follow up of further unreleased tracks could be very good indeed.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »
Hopefully this actually surfaces.  The Lost Tapes 2 was suppose to come out years ago.

And this could be a fantastic album, as good as The Lost Tapes, he has plenty of VERY GOOD songs that can be thrown together to make an excellent album.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
I basically think artist today should sell their recording sessions via digital outlets and then sell a collection of the best tracks or the concept as a physical product.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Invincible

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 06:45:45 PM »
Judging by his last 2 albums, I hope we don't get a Lost Tapes from them sessions. Both albums were pretty weak for me.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »
 8)

Nas needs to sprinkle in some of those unreleased Illmatic and It Was Written session tracks, that's what's most in demand.  And newer fire like the Khalil-produced "What It Is"

Prof@ssor

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »
one word...COLORS  :o

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 10:19:41 PM »
sounds dope... seems like he really trying to leave Def Jam lol these will end up being his 4th and 5th albums

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 02:49:58 AM »
This track better be on it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u06hypK_BqM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u06hypK_BqM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Jaydc

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 03:07:14 AM »
Cant wait.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 04:42:56 AM »
Judging by his last 2 albums, I hope we don't get a Lost Tapes from them sessions. Both albums were pretty weak for me.
just because a song gets scrapped, doesn't mean it's worse than the released cuts

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »
just because a song gets scrapped, doesn't mean it's worse than the released cuts

word

Certified

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Still Waiting...
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »
Colors should be on it

Jaydc

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 02:43:25 PM »

Often times the scrapped songs are better then whats on the album.