Author Topic: Nas Plans To Release "Lost Tapes" Sequels  (Read 581 times)

Lunatic

Re: Nas Plans To Release "Lost Tapes" Sequels
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
There was absolutely nothing said by Nas here that indicates he's actually working on putting something like that. He just said he has enough to do so.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »
Would be cool.

kemizt

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
what about gangsta tears?....dope song
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »
nas needs to plan to retire.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »
while jay-z, game, snoop, and others continue to release wack muzik
the muzik hes been releasin is still better than theirs and its not even at his best

nas needs to plan to retire.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »
I think all artist at the end of their careers should do this. Imagion if someone opened the Dr. Dre vault, he could release "Lost Tapes" for decades and live off that.

With the way things are going, I agree with what someone said, keep you studio albums on iTunes and Amazon, release your "Lost Tapes" and "Greatest Hits" at Target and Best Buy.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »
whats the reasonin behind this?

I think all artist at the end of their careers should do this. Imagion if someone opened the Dr. Dre vault, he could release "Lost Tapes" for decades and live off that.

With the way things are going, I agree with what someone said, keep you studio albums on iTunes and Amazon, release your "Lost Tapes" and "Greatest Hits" at Target and Best Buy.
Cube

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »
Most unreleased music, why not?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »
nah im sayin why jus those stores and not more?

Cube

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »
oh, you can do online too. I'm just saying that with the media changing, I think of greatest hits as something I buy at Best Buy, and I think of new albums as something I download off Amazon. With the physical CDs, you can add bonus tracks, so it'd be 12 Lost Tracks songs, plus a couple of bonuses on the CD.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »
What I meant was that you should be able to buy the entire recording session via digital outlets.  That's to say, you can get all the album tracks, b-sides, etc for a set price.  Instead of buying Nas Untitled you buy the Nas Untitled Recording Sessions.  That way the artist can profit off all the leftovers they don't see how it fits on the album and they also satisify their artistic need to release a core set of songs as an album.

I've always been interested to see all the leftovers from an album and would love to acquire all of them.

Basically, unless it's for personal reasons, there's no point in keeping something locked up because it'll be released sooner or later (after you die).

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 10:30:41 PM »
^^^ That wouldn't be a smart business move though bro. He'd then have to pay the producers for all the beats he used for every track created for the album, wack or not. He'd have to pay sample clearances, pay lawyers to do that shit. And likely only a few die hard fans would want to cop every track, so his returns would be minimal.

I like the idea of an album, because it tests an artists ability to actually structure a group of songs cohesively. Anyone can make a few hot tracks and throw them together, but its rare you get an album these days that flows properly, and you can listen from start to finish.

Jaydc

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 10:31:07 PM »
I have never and will never buy music digitally.its just stupid.I want a physical product.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
I have never and will never buy music digitally.its just stupid.I want a physical product.
I'm pretty much on the same boat but I can understand how the market has changed and artists need to cater to that.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »
I buy New Zealand shit digitally,  but only if it's not going to be released physically. Gotta support the local scene. American ish though, nahhhh. I did buy Xzibit's Phenom the other day, couldn't be fucked searching the internet for it lol