Author Topic: Drake - Thank Me Later (Discussion)  (Read 2182 times)

Lunatic

Re: Drake - Thank Me Later (Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »
Downloadin' now. Gonna' listen now.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
i dont understand why you are comparing them, maybe by realsing a mixtape and creating buzz? still dont get it cause wayne had a TON of mixtapes, drake just had one and it was like 2 years ago

really? are there any two rappers in Hip Hop more comparable & similar than Drake & Lil' Wayne?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »
Went trough the album real quick, damn I expected way more, imma give it a few more spins but damn donno if im gonna Thank Him Later or ever for this album.

Up All Night bangs hard but imma gonna remove Nicki Minaj from this song, shes a disgrace to the beat.

PS.Why the fuck he didnt use King Leon beat/song, that shit was huge....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:21:57 PM by Episcop Cruel Cvrle »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »
1. Fireworks - Beat is pretty decent. Very intro appropriate and Drake is being honest. Alicia Keys should be doing all of this hook. Alicia does sound good on this though. - 3.5/5

2. Karaoke - Never heard of "Francis & The Lights" but I'm kind of feeling this beat. The singing goes well with it but I'm not sure I'd listen to this again. - 2.5/5

3. The Resistance - This sounds too much like a lot of Drake tracks. - 3/5
4. Over - 3.75/5 - Everyone and they mama heard this by now. Always liked it.

5. Show Me a Good Time - Beat is ok, Kanye could do better. Song isn't bad. Someone said something about Common on here but I don't hear him at all  :-\  - 3.25/5
6. Up All Night - Beat is decent. The beat switch up suits Nicki Minaj's verse. - 3/5

7. Fancy - Beat is alright but hook is annoying. Not sure who told Swizz Beats he could do hooks. T.I. flow worked well on here, he's the best part of this song but that's not saying much. Lol at the B.o.B. line, hopefully he sneakin' in how much better B.o.B. is than Drake. - 2.75.5

8. Shut It Down - Not bad. If your gonna' collab with Dream, you should let Dream produce it though. - 3.25/5

9. Unforgettable - Jeezy's hook is the bright spot. The beat is eyy/ and none of the verses are mind blowing. U makin' a track with Jeezy, make it a fast beat. Lol at the fuck Chilli line though. - 3/5

10. Light Up - Lol at the prom night line. Beat is ok but Drake flow fit it. I'm disappointed with Jay-Z verse. He gave Drake a throwaway. All verses on BP3 are better. - 3/5
11. Miss Me - This sounds like a Drake/Wayne joint from a mixtape. Not album appropriate. Even when the beat switches for Wayne verse, sounds like such a mixtape. - 3/5

12. Cece's Interlude - Sounds like every other Drake singing song. - 2/5
13. Find Your Love - Not gonna lie, this shit has grown on me since it first came out. - 3.5/5

14. Thank Me Now - Love the title. Not the best Timbaland beat, but still good. Probably the best beat on the album. - 3.5/5

This album sucks, wtf. I may have even been generous with some of the ratings. And I'm a Drake fan/defender of most of his music, albeit not a huge fan, I thought he would do way better than this. Too bad this will still sell like hot cakes. Maybe it's first listen syndrome and will grow on me with more listens? I doubt it, but I'll keep SOME [aka little] hope open.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
Bout to give this a listen....its dumb to compare this to the carter w.e cuz its 2 different sounds.

Now lets be for real drake is nothing special, dude can sing but cannot rap nor does he have an above average flow...and hes heavily carried by beats.  

That said Hopfully I can enjoy this album somewhat cuz i like him on hooks...and yea that shut it down track is really good cham

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »
1. Fireworks - Beat is pretty decent. Very intro appropriate and Drake is being honest. Alicia Keys should be doing all of this hook. Alicia does sound good on this though. - 3.5/5

2. Karaoke - Never heard of "Francis & The Lights" but I'm kind of feeling this beat. The singing goes well with it but I'm not sure I'd listen to this again. - 2.5/5

3. The Resistance - This sounds too much like a lot of Drake tracks. - 3/5
4. Over - 3.75/5 - Everyone and they mama heard this by now. Always liked it.

5. Show Me a Good Time - Beat is ok, Kanye could do better. Song isn't bad. Someone said something about Common on here but I don't hear him at all  :-\  - 3.25/5
6. Up All Night - Beat is decent. The beat switch up suits Nicki Minaj's verse. - 3/5

7. Fancy - Beat is alright but hook is annoying. Not sure who told Swizz Beats he could do hooks. T.I. flow worked well on here, he's the best part of this song but that's not saying much. Lol at the B.o.B. line, hopefully he sneakin' in how much better B.o.B. is than Drake. - 2.75.5

8. Shut It Down - Not bad. If your gonna' collab with Dream, you should let Dream produce it though. - 3.25/5

9. Unforgettable - Jeezy's hook is the bright spot. The beat is eyy/ and none of the verses are mind blowing. U makin' a track with Jeezy, make it a fast beat. Lol at the fuck Chilli line though. - 3/5

10. Light Up - Lol at the prom night line. Beat is ok but Drake flow fit it. I'm disappointed with Jay-Z verse. He gave Drake a throwaway. All verses on BP3 are better. - 3/5
11. Miss Me - This sounds like a Drake/Wayne joint from a mixtape. Not album appropriate. Even when the beat switches for Wayne verse, sounds like such a mixtape. - 3/5

12. Cece's Interlude - Sounds like every other Drake singing song. - 2/5
13. Find Your Love - Not gonna lie, this shit has grown on me since it first came out. - 3.5/5

14. Thank Me Now - Love the title. Not the best Timbaland beat, but still good. Probably the best beat on the album. - 3.5/5

This album sucks, wtf. I may have even been generous with some of the ratings. And I'm a Drake fan/defender of most of his music, albeit not a huge fan, I thought he would do way better than this. Too bad this will still sell like hot cakes. Maybe it's first listen syndrome and will grow on me with more listens? I doubt it, but I'll keep SOME [aka little] hope open.

Pretty decent review, album really has potential to be one of the biggest disappointments this year.

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »
After one listen, this album is exactly what i wanted and expected. It's feel good music, a mix of r&b and rap, mood music. I'm real glad he didn't switch it up too much from So Far Gone to his album, it's basically like a polished version of So Far Gone, which is very good.

Btw whoever didn't like Jay Z's verse on "Lights Up" only skimmed through it... That verse is full of gems.

Anyway, hard to judge after a quick listen but from the atmosphere it's exactly what I wanted it to be.

Don't listen to Drake looking for complex lyrics and indredible delivery or amazing singing abilities. Drake makes feel good urban pop music.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
After one listen, this album is exactly what i wanted and expected. It's feel good music, a mix of r&b and rap, mood music. I'm real glad he didn't switch it up too much from So Far Gone to his album, it's basically like a polished version of So Far Gone, which is very good.

Btw whoever didn't like Jay Z's verse on "Lights Up" only skimmed through it... That verse is full of gems.

Anyway, hard to judge after a quick listen but from the atmosphere it's exactly what I wanted it to be.

Don't listen to Drake looking for complex lyrics and indredible delivery or amazing singing abilities. Drake makes feel good urban pop music.
Man, really? This is what you wanted  :-\  I completely disagree and it's just opinions I know. I don't think this sounds polished at all. Half the tracks sound like mixtape throwaways. Matter of fact, I'd say some of his mixtapes are definitely better than this. I'd say it takes a giant step back from "So Far Gone" but that's my opinion. Or maybe I'm just tired of hearing the same ol' Drake music? I dunno, but either way, this doesn't sound good.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 01:38:49 PM »

yeah, i agree with every point. i like the overall vibe of the album. this is what i expected so i'm happy with it, reminds me a lot of So Far Gone which was probably my most played mixtape last year.

whoever expected a pure rap album is an idiot and needs to pick up a black milk or planet asia album.  of course he's gonna do at least 50% r&b alone for the facts that he can sing and its gonna sell better than the rap part.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 01:53:02 PM »
I had no expectations on this album because I already knew what kinda stuff Drake wanted to put out on this album just by judging all of his pre stuff.

Album is nice imo. The fact that the majoriity of it is foreign/new producers is gutsy and original.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
Some of the best tracks on here already leaked days ago, so that takes away a lot from the first listening experience. But thats nothing new.

"The Resistance" is dope though.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »
this album is kinda slow. More rnb less club bangers.

I totally agree with luna. Most of the songs i liked i already heard but Up All Night def got my head banging, that beat is nice!

This is better than so far gone tho and im expecting it to be a grower, so far gone had weaker beats.

I dunno, lets hope this grows. I was just hoping boi1da would give drizzy more heat rocks of beats then these slow rnb type beats

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »
If we can compare some of these new generation hip hop rnb wonders albums it would go like this:

Kid Cudi>>>>>Wale===BoB>>>>>Drake

I expected better album, better then his EP on all levels, thats all, and I was disappointed. Tho Im still gonna give few spins to songs like Up All Night,Fireworks,Thank Me Later,Shut It Down, Over, Light Up...

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »
there are like 4 good songs on it and only one of them doesnt contain a feature. it was really boring. its a shame when an artist creates a great mixtape, rides their buzz so long until everyone who originally like them is sick of them and then makes a mediocre album.

wale anyone? lol
you right about that wale guy, everyone was telling me that equal was knot,i heard em and thought nothing of em,then heard his album thought it was shit,and everyone who liked him for his mixtapes started telling me they ain't braille the album haha yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »

Up All Night def got my head banging, that beat is nice!

Good ear +1  ;D